Calman MobileForge for External Displays- Can it really be? - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

post #211 of 215 Old 12-27-2018, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi @ConnecTEDDD DDD

I am aware of that.
I already use many custom workflows (including yours) found on Calman's official website, but none of them had this type of layout (With the DCC display, even if I can display it in another way...).

Video: LG 65C8
Calibration softwares: CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018, HCFR | Probe: x-rite i1Display Pro
Test Pattern Generator: RPGenerator, R.Masciola's HDR-10 UHD Test Pattern Suite, Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 215 Old 12-27-2018, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2901 Post(s)
Liked: 3489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr ShagoY View Post
Hi @ConnecTEDDD DDD

I am aware of that.
I already use many custom workflows (including yours) found on Calman's official website, but none of them had this type of layout (With the DCC display, even if I can display it in another way...).
If you have Design Add-On, you can press Alt+D to enter to design mode and add any DDC chart to the layout page you like, just open the panel from the left side of CalMAN interface to find the icon to add the DDC chart etc.

Just you can use my workflows as base-line to modify them to your requirements
Mr ShagoY likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 12-27-2018 at 01:30 PM.
post #213 of 215 Old 04-03-2019, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 302
I have a question regarding Calman autocal and picture presets across inputs/input signals.

If I run an SDR autocal using ISF Dark on input1, how do. Get those settings applied to inout4? Doesn't ISF dark for each input have its own settings and since autocal uploads the 1D and 3D LUT files, I can't simply copy the values to the other input.

Same for HDR...if you were to calibrate HDR 10 for the onboard apps using Technicolor mode, how would you get the same calibrated settings on input4 for a UHD player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 215 Old 04-03-2019, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
I have a question regarding Calman autocal and picture presets across inputs/input signals.

If I run an SDR autocal using ISF Dark on input1, how do. Get those settings applied to inout4? Doesn't ISF dark for each input have its own settings and since autocal uploads the 1D and 3D LUT files, I can't simply copy the values to the other input.

Same for HDR...if you were to calibrate HDR 10 for the onboard apps using Technicolor mode, how would you get the same calibrated settings on input4 for a UHD player?

The LUTs are per picture mode and apply to all inputs automatically including streaming. You need to manually copy other settings like oled light, motion smoothing etc.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #215 of 215 Old 04-03-2019, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
The LUTs are per picture mode and apply to all inputs automatically including streaming. You need to manually copy other settings like oled light, motion smoothing etc.
Ok so any input or steaming source using SDR ISF Dark would have the LUTS applied and just the basic settings need copying?" That makes sense.

I assume that also means that Warm2 in ISF Dark would have a separate LUT as Warm2 in ISF Bright? Same for gamma?
So if I calibrated ISF Dark using warm2 and BT1886 set in the LG settings, when I calibrate ISF Bright do I need to run another autocal?
For other inputs using ISF Dark, would I also just set Warm 2 and BT1886 and the LUT values would be correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page