eeColor programming on Harmony Remote - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
  • 1 Post By AKJohnny
  • 2 Post By karrih
  • 2 Post By zanderoid
  • 2 Post By ivan2011
  • 1 Post By ConnecTEDDD
  • 1 Post By ConnecTEDDD

post #1 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
eeColor programming on Harmony Remote

Anybody know if the eeColor box is in Logitech's Harmony remote database? I've looked and can't find it. I just setup my new eeColor box and the remote is not working. I cannot even get the Harmony to learn the codes since the remote is not sending out any signal. I don't know if it's the battery or remote, and I don't have a CR2025 battery on hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3244 Post(s)
Liked: 4037
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKJohnny View Post
Anybody know if the eeColor box is in Logitech's Harmony remote database? I've looked and can't find it. I just setup my new eeColor box and the remote is not working. I cannot even get the Harmony to learn the codes since the remote is not sending out any signal. I don't know if it's the battery or remote, and I don't have a CR2025 battery on hand.
Hi, can you rotate the battery, maybe it's not positioned at correct polarity inside to the remote.
Do that test using a smartphone camera to see if remote's LED is lighting up.

(it's not working with iPhone)

If you see the LED from inside the camera flashing (but not bright enough), means that the remote is ok, but the battery is low.

Please replace the battery with a new one.

That code of batteries are loosing their power over the time. I have seen this to Samsung TV with active 3d glasses that are coming with the same battery code, when you will installed a sealed battery to the glasses you will see at screen the indicator that is has energy below 20% when you will be a last year model for example.

Something similar happened to your eeColor. Maybe it was stored over a year to the factory so the battery degraded.

eeColor's OSD Screen will lit when there is active connection only. So if the blu-ray or the TV is closed, the remote and OSD will not work.
When eeColor will detect active connection, then the OSD will light up and you will be able to use the remote.

You can look about this to the eeColor's manual, it has some remote button's RS232 codes:

http://www.displaycalibrations.com/f...User_Guide.pdf

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #3 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Checked all and no go. Are you saying the trick with the smartphone doesn't work on iPhone? Because that's all I have. The eeColor is on, with #2 in the display with flashing dot. Is the dot supposed to flash?
Anyway, I may run out later and pick up a battery if I can find one.
As for the rs232 codes, I have no idea how to program the harmony with those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have allso tried & failt
harmony has picked up a signal after numerous tries but sending out the signal it tough it got didn't work.

But I don't have a problem with it once it set it's set
post #5 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Checked all and no go. Are you saying the trick with the smartphone doesn't work on iPhone? Because that's all I have. The eeColor is on, with #2 in the display with flashing dot. Is the dot supposed to flash?
Anyway, I may run out later and pick up a battery if I can find one.
As for the rs232 codes, I have no idea how to program the harmony with those.
Hi, the remote when you press a button, it flashes Infrared light from it's LED. We can't see that but smartphone cameras are seeing it. Apple has added a Infrared Light Filter to it's camera so it will be not possible to see any Infrared light by looking thru iPhone camera.

About RS232, see if the Harmory has a learning from other remote mode function, or see what codes it's accepting, there conversions @ web where you can convert RS-232 commands to HEX code etc.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 10-03-2015 at 04:28 PM.
post #6 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 10:08 AM

Tedd,

There is no code for a power on/off i guess ? as in turn the box on/off not the lut.

Atm I'm using a wireless power plug to do this.. the fan makes to much noise for me, would it be safe to open the box & pull the fan cable out ? I'm not feeling any heat at all coming from the box after being on for hours ...
post #7 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neox387 View Post
Tedd,

There is no code for a power on/off i guess ? as in turn the box on/off not the lut.

Atm I'm using a wireless power plug to do this.. the fan makes to much noise for me, would it be safe to open the box & pull the fan cable out ? I'm not feeling any heat at all coming from the box after being on for hours ...
Hi, there is no power on/off button in the remote of eeColor or any command. Some users are using a wireless plug, other are turning it on only they want to watch a movies.

If you open the box, you loose warranty. I have my unit from 2012 and I can't hear any sound from eeColor's fan. Do you have eeColor a long time?

post #8 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 10:17 AM

Well i'm just nitpicking it's like a light zoom only hearable in absolute silence not really an issue but still would have been nice for a normal on/off
post #9 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Installed a new battery and now it works. Glad it was just a dead battery.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #10 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked: 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, the remote when you press a button, it flashes UV light from it's LED. We can't see that but smartphone cameras are seeing it. Apple has added a UV Filter to it's camera so it will be not possible to see any UV light by looking throu iPhone camera.
FWIW, remotes use IR, not UV. The iPhone may have an IR filter on its camera though.
post #11 of 28 Old 10-03-2015, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
FWIW, remotes use IR, not UV. The iPhone may have an IR filter on its camera though.
Yes, correct, it's Infrared. I will edit my post.

post #12 of 28 Old 10-04-2015, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am using 'Entertainment Experience TruVueEeColor processor' from Harmony database with my Harmony Touch. The remote has protection slip you need to remove from battery compartment.
ConnecTEDDD and vollans like this.
post #13 of 28 Old 10-30-2015, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Installed a new battery and now it works. Glad it was just a dead battery.
Glad to hear that is the case. I just received my LUT box yesterday and am having the exact same issue you are are describing. Heading out to see if I can find a fresh battery. Happy to see your issue was resolved and hoping for the same results.....
post #14 of 28 Old 10-30-2015, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderoid View Post
Glad to hear that is the case. I just received my LUT box yesterday and am having the exact same issue you are are describing. Heading out to see if I can find a fresh battery. Happy to see your issue was resolved and hoping for the same results.....

I'm confident a new battery will cure your problem as well. Good luck and have fun once you get it running. I'm actually in the middle of running another calibration with it. Love it!
post #15 of 28 Old 10-31-2015, 01:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderoid View Post
Hi, it's a 3V Li-ion Battery (CR-2025).

post #16 of 28 Old 10-31-2015, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
I'm confident a new battery will cure your problem as well. Good luck and have fun once you get it running. I'm actually in the middle of running another calibration with it. Love it!
New battery did the trick!
AKJohnny and ConnecTEDDD like this.
post #17 of 28 Old 11-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrih View Post
I am using 'Entertainment Experience TruVueEeColor processor' from Harmony database with my Harmony Touch. The remote has protection slip you need to remove from battery compartment.
I'm trying the get my eeColor device on my harmony one (you seem to be the only one who's succeeded), but cannot find what you described. What category is it under ?
For the record, I have the original harmony one, so am using the older Logitech harmony software 7.7.
post #18 of 28 Old 11-05-2015, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I think it is under Video Processors or something like that. I did have to ask from support to add it as I was not able to teach the commands. Perhaps it is just for new devices? I dont know if there is possibility of it being private for me?
post #19 of 28 Old 11-06-2015, 02:56 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 2639 Post(s)
Liked: 1737
I just learnt the commands with the Harmony software, worked perfectly. If you can't learn the commands then perhaps your battery in the eecolor remote is duff - many units are shipping with old batteries it seems (mine included).
post #20 of 28 Old 11-06-2015, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

eeColor programming on Harmony Remote

I was able to teach my harmony the commands (once I got past the dead battery issue). You have to make sure you only do a quick press and release of the eeColor remote buttons when teaching the harmony. Otherwise it may fail. I spent a bunch of time looking but never found the eeColor in the harmony database.
post #21 of 28 Old 08-15-2017, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sorry for updating an old thread.

The eeColor processor is listed in the Harmony database, for manufacturer select "ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE" for device model type "truvue" and then add, the search will return with the correct selection, select it and add.
AKJohnny and rickardl like this.
post #22 of 28 Old 08-15-2017, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan2011 View Post

The eeColor processor is listed in the Harmony database, for manufacturer select "ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE" for device model type "truvue" and then add, the search will return with the correct selection, select it and add.
Yes, that's correct, BTW here are the IR codes for someone who want to select/change the 3D LUT correction tables using a RS-232 connection the eeColor, using HyperTerminal for example: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/f...32)_Codes).pdf

post #23 of 28 Old 08-16-2017, 01:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:

Nice!
But I don't see an entry for the yellow button, right?

And eeOff and PowerOff seems to be the same, turns the processing off, so I assume there is no way
to turn the box off except using the button at the back of the box?

What does the "reset" entry do, reset to factory default?
post #24 of 28 Old 08-16-2017, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The yellow button toggles the front display on and off of the color box.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eeColor_3D_LUT_Box_User_Guide.pdf (637.2 KB, 10 views)
post #25 of 28 Old 08-16-2017, 02:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post
Nice!
But I don't see an entry for the yellow button, right?

And eeOff and PowerOff seems to be the same, turns the processing off, so I assume there is no way
to turn the box off except using the button at the back of the box?

What does the "reset" entry do, reset to factory default?
Hi, the only way to power off is by using the power switch at the back. There a lot of eeColor users which have the unit powered-on for years, nothing has ever reported , not a single problem....just the small and silent fan probably will collect more dust after some time. Generally is better to manually switch it off when you are not using it.

You can always have the front LED with number indicator off and just press the number from the remote of the correction you want to load...so this will bring to you the OSD to your display to see which 3D LUT slot is active.

eeColor will always keep your last selected slot even if you open/close it many times; it will always start with your last selected slot as active.
rickardl likes this.

post #26 of 28 Old 08-16-2017, 02:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The yellow button toggles the front display on and off of the color box.
Yes, but I could not see an entry for the yellow button in the harmony remote database.
I guess I could learn it from the original remote.
post #27 of 28 Old 08-16-2017, 02:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, the only way to power off is by using the power switch at the back. There a lot of eeColor users which have the unit powered-on for years, nothing has ever reported , not a single problem....just the small and silent fan probably will collect more dust after some time. Generally is better to manually switch it off when you are not using it.

You can always have the front LED with number indicator off and just press the number from the remote of the correction you want to load...so this will bring to you the OSD to your display to see which 3D LUT slot is active.

eeColor will always keep your last selected slot even if you open/close it many times; it will always start with your last selected slot as active.
Thanks, and what does the "reset" entry (in the harmony database) do, reset to factory default?
post #28 of 28 Old 08-16-2017, 02:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post
Thanks, and what does the "reset" entry (in the harmony database) do, reset to factory default?
It selects the default mode, its not resetting your custom uploaded 3D LUT corrections.
rickardl likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page