The Official ChromaPure 3 thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 346Likes

post #391 of 1734 Old 02-12-2016, 10:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 229
OK new problem surfaced. When I perform the auto calibration, the CP3 failed to invoke the pattern on dvdo. For instance, when measuring 80, 70, 60...grayscale so on and forth... The pattern generator just stuck at one pattern and fail to move in succession.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 1734 Old 02-12-2016, 11:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sigh... Going back to ver 2 again. Extremely frustrating...

Last edited by desray2k; 02-12-2016 at 11:07 PM.
post #393 of 1734 Old 02-12-2016, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Latest version downloaded everything works except autocal.
Everytime I try too launch it, it crashes the program.
Latest version of Win 10 Pro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 1734 Old 02-12-2016, 11:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets View Post
For me I m using Windows 10 as well... I didn't have any crash but I guess u r using a Lumagen?

post #395 of 1734 Old 02-12-2016, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1000 Post(s)
Liked: 839
Quote:
Nothing whatever was done to auto-cal in this build. It is exactly the same as the previous build. Try the Repair Settings option and then setup the Lumagen again.

EDIT: BTW, I wish that I could get folks to stop using the phrase "crashes the program." This does not help me to troubleshoot the problem. I need to know what the specific error message is.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #396 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
OK new problem surfaced. When I perform the auto calibration, the CP3 failed to invoke the pattern on dvdo. For instance, when measuring 80, 70, 60...grayscale so on and forth... The pattern generator just stuck at one pattern and fail to move in succession.
I can't reproduce this. Works fine here. Does this occur only on auto-cal or when attempting to display test patterns elsewhere as well? I'll give the same advice as to the Lumagen user below. Try the Repair Settings option, and then setup the Duo again. And, yes, use 19200 baud in Windows, which is the Duo's default.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #397 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 12:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 5650 Post(s)
Liked: 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
ChromaPure 3.0.5 has been released. It is free for all licensed v3 users.

This build resolves all of the known bugs and missing features from the original v3 release. It also resolves a couple of long-standing issues that significantly pre-date v3.

The Release Notes and download link are available on our News page.
Installed 3.0.5 on a fresh Win 7 64bit install like a first time user. After browsing to the lic file CP3 stopped responding. Sorry didn't catch the crash log. After restarting the app the crash is gone.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
post #398 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can't reproduce this. Works fine here. Does this occur only on auto-cal or when attempting to display test patterns elsewhere as well? I'll give the same advice as to the Lumagen user below. Try the Repair Settings option, and then setup the Duo again. And, yes, use 19200 baud in Windows, which is the Duo's default.
That's odd... I already did the repair first thing after fresh installation. Ver 2 no problem. Only ver 3.

post #399 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's odd... I already did the repair first thing after fresh installation. Ver 2 no problem. Only ver 3.
Yes, this is odd. I am not sure what to suggest. Again, does this occur only on auto-cal or whenever trying to generate test patterns?

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #400 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 12:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Even for white balance calibration. It stuck at the very first pattern. Say 80 grayscale... After perform the measurement at 80 grayscale, I switch to another grayscale level but the pattern generator did not display the correct grayscale level. It just stuck!

post #401 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Just disable the anti virus s/w to perform the download.

Ok sorted
post #402 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 03:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, this is odd. I am not sure what to suggest. Again, does this occur only on auto-cal or whenever trying to generate test patterns?
Tom, it's been resolved. Just need to power down everything and power up again. Now work like a charm.

This is my first time reading the new CP3 calibration report. Very detailed report.

Last edited by desray2k; 02-13-2016 at 04:40 AM.
post #403 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Lumagen problem

I just noticed a problem with Lumagen support. This is caused by the restoration of the DVDO Duo. When you access the auto-cal module the app is supposed to perform an interactive check and select the right auto-cal page for either the Duo or the Lumagen. It works fine with the Duo, but not with the Lumagen. We'll have a fix for this later today or tomorrow at the latest. You can use the Lumagen as a signal generator and the manual calibration options now. You just can't access the auto-cal module until we fix this.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #404 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

OK, the Lumagen access to auto-cal module problem is fixed. It is still 3.0.5. That's the only change, so if you are not a Lumagen auto-cal user you can ignore this.
desray2k likes this.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #405 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 01:39 PM

The issue only happens when trying too use the auto-cal feature, and yes its the Lumagen that I'm using.
The message says that the program cant open and that windows is searching for a solution.
Than a close program window pops up.
Sorry for not being more specific with my "crash report."
Has the Lumagen update been made available for download?
Also, was the small window option issue fixed with the Lumagen, Im using a Panasonic VT60 plasma that needs that option during the auto-cal.

Last edited by robbyrockets; 02-13-2016 at 01:48 PM.
post #406 of 1734 Old 02-13-2016, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The issue only happens when trying too use the auto-cal feature, and yes its the Lumagen that I'm using.
The message says that the program cant open and that windows is searching for a solution.
Than a close program window pops up.
Sorry for not being more specific with my "crash report."
Has the Lumagen update been made available for download?
Also, was the small window option issue fixed with the Lumagen, Im using a Panasonic VT60 plasma that needs that option during the auto-cal.
Re download and reinstall the CP3 ver 3.0.5 again from the official website to get the fix working.

post #407 of 1734 Old 02-14-2016, 12:26 AM

Small window option STILL doesn't work with the Lumagen under auto-cal unless I'm missing something in the setup.
This worked flawlessly with the first release of 3.0.
I need the small window option due to the fact that I'm calibrating a VT60 plasma.
I set small in the setting and than when the auto-calibration starts it sets it back too the next window size up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appretiated.
post #408 of 1734 Old 02-14-2016, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Small window option STILL doesn't work with the Lumagen under auto-cal unless I'm missing something in the setup.
This worked flawlessly with the first release of 3.0.
I need the small window option due to the fact that I'm calibrating a VT60 plasma.
I set small in the setting and than when the auto-calibration starts it sets it back too the next window size up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appretiated.
I can't reproduce this. All I can suggest is to select the Repair Settings option and then setup the Lumagen from scratch with the small windows selected.

Robby, I just want to share with you that the VT60 doesn't really need adv auto-cal. If you just select the best available presets, the color on that panel is amazingly good throughout the entire gamut. All it needs is minor grayscale calibration. See post 4626 in the v2 thread.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...l#post23654807

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #409 of 1734 Old 02-14-2016, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Anti virus and Chromapure 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling01 View Post
Anti virus doesn't like link and won't download then can't display page.Happens on win 7 and win 10 anyone else having trouble.
Yes, same problem. Turned off anti virus, downloaded Chromapure 3, turned on anti virus, scanned Chromapure 3, it was/is clean.
Sent Tom a PM about this.

Ursa
post #410 of 1734 Old 02-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Knd
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Tom,
I just completed a Lumagen auto-cal and had a couple of issues with 3.05.
1). The manual settings didn't seem to be working for the Lumagen. I did the auto-cal first without gamma. I then did a pre cal on white balance and decided to touch up the gamma manually, but couldn't. i would try and adjust the RGB and sometimes it seemed like it was making the adjustment and sometimes it didn't. I don't think the Luma ever did adjust the meter reading. I was originally using continuous reading's, but even when I changed the increment to 10 no movement. I stopped and cleared the data and did a read all. I got some gamma that were slightly over 1 (1.05 IIRC), so the extreme adjustment I made was in the Lumagen but was not displaying when I was trying to adjust. I then thought maybe it was the continuous reading's and tried to adjust by taking manual reading's, adjust and then another manual reading. Still seemed flaky, so I ended up closing it down, disconnecting the Lumagen and using the Lumagen remote to make the adjustments which seems to work properly. Could your implementation of the DVDO affected the manual control of a Lumagen?
2) I ran the post cal gamut and did a read all. At the end of this it show the average dE (mine was .77), but it also shows a gamma and the 2 times I ran this it was 2.2 and 2.21, but the gamma for the autocal was 2.4 and I ran the autocal a 2nd time to confirm that it was. 2.4. Shouldn't the gamma (I'm assuming that this is the average gamma for the color checker) have been 2.4.

Last edited by Knd; 02-14-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added CP version.
post #411 of 1734 Old 02-14-2016, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knd View Post
I just completed a Lumagen auto-cal and had a couple of issues with 3.05.
1). The manual settings didn't seem to be working for the Lumagen. I did the auto-cal first without gamma. I then did a pre cal on white balance and decided to touch up the gamma manually, but couldn't. i would try and adjust the RGB and sometimes it seemed like it was making the adjustment and sometimes it didn't. I don't think the Luma ever did adjust the meter reading. I was originally using continuous reading's, but even when I changed the increment to 10 no movement. I stopped and cleared the data and did a read all. I got some gamma that were slightly over 1 (1.05 IIRC), so the extreme adjustment I made was in the Lumagen but was not displaying when I was trying to adjust. I then thought maybe it was the continuous reading's and tried to adjust by taking manual reading's, adjust and then another manual reading. Still seemed flaky, so I ended up closing it down, disconnecting the Lumagen and using the Lumagen remote to make the adjustments which seems to work properly. Could your implementation of the DVDO affected the manual control of a Lumagen?
Restoring the Duo apparently screwed up the apps ability to detect when the Lumagen is present. This is another version of the same problem I fixed yesterday. I'll get a fix out for this manana. Presumably this will be the last of these.

Quote:
2) I ran the post cal gamut and did a read all. At the end of this it show the average dE (mine was .77), but it also shows a gamma and the 2 times I ran this it was 2.2 and 2.21, but the gamma for the autocal was 2.4 and I ran the autocal a 2nd time to confirm that it was. 2.4. Shouldn't the gamma (I'm assuming that this is the average gamma for the color checker) have been 2.4.
I have read this several times, and I just can't quite make out what you are asking. The measured gamma should be whatever you set in the Settings module or very close to it.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #412 of 1734 Old 02-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Knd
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have read this several times, and I just can't quite make out what you are asking. The measured gamma should be whatever you set in the Settings module or very close to it.
Sorry for the confusion. I auto cal'd @ 2.4. Gamut post cal showed gamma @ 2.2. I did a 2nd auto cal @ 2.4 and gamut post cal showed 2.21.

The 2.4 gamma was set in the settings module. I did the 2nd auto cal to make sure it was @ 2.4, because 3.05 loads at 2.22 and I wanted to make sure I had changed it before the auto cal.
post #413 of 1734 Old 02-14-2016, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. I auto cal'd @ 2.4. Gamut post cal showed gamma @ 2.2. I did a 2nd auto cal @ 2.4 and gamut post cal showed 2.21.

The 2.4 gamma was set in the settings module. I did the 2nd auto cal to make sure it was @ 2.4, because 3.05 loads at 2.22 and I wanted to make sure I had changed it before the auto cal.
I can't reproduce this. I set gamma to 2.35, ran grayscale auto-cal and then measured using the pre-calibration grayscale module and I got this.

NOTE: You have to close the Settings module for the changes to take effect.

There's a fall off at the high end because the white level is not stable on my LG OLED.

The activity window in auto-cal shows the reference gamma when calibrating the colors. Did yours say 2.4?

BTW, I would not recommend calibrating your display at a power law gamma of 2.4. This will result in severe black crush. Use BT.1886 instead.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #414 of 1734 Old 02-15-2016, 05:49 AM
Knd
Advanced Member

Tom,
My question was related to the color gamut modules. The module where you take the 100% saturations, the 75, 50 and 25% saturations and the color checker colors. After you take all of these readings (I selected the "A" button to take all of the readings at once), at the bottom of the left side of the screen you display the average dE for all the readings and there is also a single number under the gamma column. It's a single number (no numbers are displayed in the gamma column for all of the color readings). It's this single number at the bottom of the left side of the screen that I'm assuming is the average gamma of all of these 40-50 color readings. If this is so, the number I got was 2.2, but I was calibrating to 2.4, and in an earlier post you said that gamma has some effect on color readings. In V2 when running the color checker you had to select the correct gamma or the dE's would change from gamma to gamma, so I'm wondering if the dE's in the color gamut modules (pre and post) are calculated @ 2.2, not the universal gamma that was selected.

I tried taking a screen shot when I saw this, but screwed it up.
post #415 of 1734 Old 02-15-2016, 06:20 AM
Knd
Advanced Member

Quote:

BTW, I would not recommend calibrating your display at a power law gamma of 2.4. This will result in severe black crush. Use BT.1886 instead.
I first calibrated to BT.1886 but found calibrating to 2.4 and setting "dark level" to 3 does a better job with the level 17-19 blacks.

I did a gamma run @ 2.4 and then 2.4 with black level at 3 and it pulled down the gamma similar to BT.1886, but I think the black crush is less than a straight BT.1886 cal.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post41168481

if I messed this up, it's in the RS500/RS600 owner's thread, pg 190, post 5684.
post #416 of 1734 Old 02-15-2016, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Tom,
My question was related to the color gamut modules. The module where you take the 100% saturations, the 75, 50 and 25% saturations and the color checker colors. After you take all of these readings (I selected the "A" button to take all of the readings at once), at the bottom of the left side of the screen you display the average dE for all the readings and there is also a single number under the gamma column. It's a single number (no numbers are displayed in the gamma column for all of the color readings). It's this single number at the bottom of the left side of the screen that I'm assuming is the average gamma of all of these 40-50 color readings.
This one number appears because it is a ColorChecker color that is essentially a shade of gray. I decided in the design stage to not show gamma when the measured value was a color, but do show it when it was part of the grayscale. It is a single (grayscale) color and not an average of anything.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #417 of 1734 Old 02-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Knd
Advanced Member

Quote:
This one number appears because it is a ColorChecker color that is essentially a shade of gray. I decided in the design stage to not show gamma when the measured value was a color, but do show it when it was part of the grayscale. It is a single (grayscale) color and not an average of anything.
Since I was calibrating to a 2.4 gamma, should it be 2.4, or close to it? Or in other words, what value is this number and how do I use it (or should I just ignore it).
post #418 of 1734 Old 02-17-2016, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Since I was calibrating to a 2.4 gamma, should it be 2.4, or close to it? Or in other words, what value is this number and how do I use it (or should I just ignore it).
Just ignore it.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #419 of 1734 Old 02-17-2016, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The manual settings didn't seem to be working for the Lumagen. I did the auto-cal first without gamma. I then did a pre cal on white balance and decided to touch up the gamma manually, but couldn't. i would try and adjust the RGB and sometimes it seemed like it was making the adjustment and sometimes it didn't. I don't think the Luma ever did adjust the meter reading. I was originally using continuous reading's, but even when I changed the increment to 10 no movement. I stopped and cleared the data and did a read all. I got some gamma that were slightly over 1 (1.05 IIRC), so the extreme adjustment I made was in the Lumagen but was not displaying when I was trying to adjust. I then thought maybe it was the continuous reading's and tried to adjust by taking manual reading's, adjust and then another manual reading. Still seemed flaky, so I ended up closing it down, disconnecting the Lumagen and using the Lumagen remote to make the adjustments which seems to work properly. Could your implementation of the DVDO affected the manual control of a Lumagen?
I have been trying to figure out what the problem is with this and could not find anything. Try this.
  1. Start a session with the Lumagen.
  2. Verify that the Lumagen is setup properly as a signal generator.
  3. Open the Manual Control tool.
  4. Click the Reset button on tool (this sets all of the Lumagen calibration settings to their default).
  5. Now try.
  6. It should be fine now.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #420 of 1734 Old 02-17-2016, 04:12 AM
Knd
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have been trying to figure out what the problem is with this and could not find anything. Try this.
  1. Start a session with the Lumagen.
  2. Verify that the Lumagen is setup properly as a signal generator.
  3. Open the Manual Control tool.
  4. Click the Reset button on tool (this sets all of the Lumagen calibration settings to their default).
  5. Now try.
  6. It should be fine now.
Will do. Does the reset effect the 125 pt calibration?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page