The Official ChromaPure 3 thread - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 331Likes

post #1651 of 1653 Old 03-25-2019, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2901 Post(s)
Liked: 3489
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTracey View Post
Sorry Ted, now I'm confused (or more than I was)....

EDR? I'm guessing the C6 (and i1Display Pro) have a default calibration table; then SpectraCAL adds correction files for different displays (EDR?)

My understanding is ChromaPure does support/work with the i1Display Pro. From your comments it looks like I would need a spectro as well to create my own correction file(s) for my display(s), which I presume will ChromaPure allow?

Do I have this right? Thanks.
All i1Display PRO's (OEM / Retail / or Branded OEM like C6's) are calibrated from X-Rite (no other company can change the default factory calibration, so any NIST certification is just confirming that the meter is fine from the factory only, nothing more than a pass/fail test, since the meters are low cost and X-Rite is not providing any proof that they are certified, just the unit to unit variations performance is controlled, its not so large deviations like Spyder's).

X-Rite provide the EDR to software developers. When you select EDR file of a display tech, its combined with the factory calibration of the meter data and then its calculated the correction.

EDR files are X-Rite meters feature (ColorMunki Display/i1Display PRO), can't be used from for other brands of meters.

When you are using EDR, you expect that the meter is accurate, and because such colorimeters are low cost devices, there unit-per-unit variations (unit per unit variations are ignored, not counted when you are using EDR corrections.)

Because Tom have seen (and all of us also) that the results are better when you are using meter four color matrix correction tables using a reference spectro (so you correct the readings totally for a specific display type) he is equipping the i1Display III (called) with software offsets for many display types.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1653 Old 03-25-2019, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
All i1Display PRO's (OEM / Retail / or Branded OEM like C6's) are calibrated from X-Rite (no other company can change the default factory calibration, so any NIST certification is just confirming that the meter is fine from the factory only, nothing more than a pass/fail test, since the meters are low cost and X-Rite is not providing any proof that they are certified, just the unit to unit variations performance is controlled, its not so large deviations like Spyder's).

X-Rite provide the EDR to software developers. When you select EDR file of a display tech, its combined with the factory calibration of the meter data and then its calculated the correction.

EDR files are X-Rite meters feature (ColorMunki Display/i1Display PRO), can't be used from for other brands of meters.

When you are using EDR, you expect that the meter is accurate, and because such colorimeters are low cost devices, there unit-per-unit variations (unit per unit variations are ignored, not counted when you are using EDR corrections.)

Because Tom have seen (and all of us also) that the results are better when you are using meter four color matrix correction tables using a reference spectro (so you correct the readings totally for a specific display type) he is equipping the i1Display III (called) with software offsets for many display types.
Much appreciated Ted; I'm starting to get the feeling my next investment should be a reference spectro before a TPG!

Denon AVR-X7200WA | Oppo UDP-203, BDP-93
Paradigm Studio 60 Mains, CC-570 Center, (2) ADP-470 Surrounds | (4) Golden Ear Invisa HTR-7000 height | (2) SVS SB16-Ultra
Sony XBR-65A1E | Pioneer PRO-141FD | Panasonic TC-P42ST30
Apple TV 4K
post #1653 of 1653 Old 04-12-2019, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 800
ChromaPure 3.1.18 Released

ChromaPure 3.1.18 is now available for download from the ChromaPure News site. This release is free for all ChromaPure v3.x users.

This release includes support for a custom white point. NOTE: changing the white point will affect the Reference Color Gamut. In the vast majority of cases this option should be left alone. The application always returns to the default white point with each new calibration session. This release also adds support for the Adobe RGB gamut and a number of other enhancements and bug fixes. See the Release Notes on our News page for details.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page