The Official ChromaPure 3 thread - Page 59 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 347Likes

post #1741 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by btran33 View Post
Hi Tom:
I just want to confirm with you on a quick question; I have been calibrated my own JVC projectors using the ChromaPure software + the display Pro (i3) with good results; however, I have read that the display pro meter can't use to calibrate laser projector, such as the Epson LS10500. Is it correct?
I have a laser projector in the lab and I do not see any special problems that a stock 1i Display Pro has measuring it beyond the inherent inaccuracies of the meter itself, which applies to all display technologies. Our Display 3 PRO--a calibrated version of the stock meter--would be more accurate for laser projectors, just as it would be more accurate for all display technologies.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravi View Post
Thanks, looking forward to using the software. I am also going to use your pattern disc as the S&M UHD patterns are a little too complex and don't mesh well with the workflow (at least in my limited knowhow).

On another note, I can buy either direct from your site or from other authorized sites? Just making sure they are legit.
You can purchase from any authorized dealer, though I would prefer you purchase directly through me as this relieves me of the obligation to split the profit with a dealer. However, the products are identical.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1743 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

P3 Update

Since some of you asked, we have uploaded a new build of the 3.1.19 preview release that includes auto-cal support for the SDRP3 colorspace in the Lumagen Pro. Using this requires the latest firmware from Lumagen. It is undocumented on our News site, but it is included in the download. I have also updated our Support page to include information about this.
giomania likes this.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1744 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 03:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
Liked: 4248
Quote:
- Can I use the Spyder X with CP or the i1D3 better?
Hi, Spyder X is not so good at low luminance levels measurement, especially when you calibrate projectors where the peak output for SDR levels are less compared to the peak output you aim (48-60 nits) when you will calibrated a display (100 nits) for SDR.

Since the Gamma calculation will require to take black/white for the software to calculate the Y targets, with Spyder you will fail to read correctly the black level of many projectors and LCD TV Monitors, as the lowest luminance level (as Tom has found is 0.028 nits) while i1Display PRO can read down to (0.0025 - 0.003 nits).

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #1745 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
Liked: 4248
Quote:
Hi Tom:
I just want to confirm with you on a quick question; I have been calibrated my own JVC projectors using the ChromaPure software + the display Pro (i3) with good results; however, I have read that the display pro meter can't use to calibrate laser projector, such as the Epson LS10500. Is it correct?
Thanks,
BT
Hi, I have replayed to a similar question there:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58746002

You can send your meter to Tom for adding a laser projector table in case Tom has the same model projector as the one you have, as there differences over diff. company laser projectors spectral curves.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #1746 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
I have a laser projector in the lab and I do not see any special problems that a stock 1i Display Pro has measuring it beyond the inherent inaccuracies of the meter itself, which applies to all display technologies. Our Display 3 PRO--a calibrated version of the stock meter--would be more accurate for laser projectors, just as it would be more accurate for all display technologies.
HI Tom:
thanks for your reply; is it means I can just use the ChromaPure 3 software + Display 3 Pro to calibrate the Epson laser or I need to send the Display 3 Pro back to you first for profiling for laser projector before I can do the calibration?
Thanks,
BT

Last edited by btran33; 10-31-2019 at 06:11 AM.
post #1747 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HI Tom:
thanks for your reply; is it means I can just use the ChromaPure 3 software + Display 3 Pro to calibrate the Epson laser or I need to send the Display 3 Pro back to you first before I can do the calibration?
You can calibrate the Epson regardless of whether you have a display 3 PRO or a stock 1i Display Pro. You will get more accurate results with the D3 PRO that has a laser correction. If it doesn't have a laser correction, you can send to use for an update.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1748 of 1758 Old 10-31-2019, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
You can calibrate the Epson regardless of whether you have a display 3 PRO or a stock 1i Display Pro. You will get more accurate results with the D3 PRO that has a laser correction. If it doesn't have a laser correction, you can send to use for an update.
Thanks for your input!
BT
post #1749 of 1758 Old 11-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Prior to doing a pre-calibration measurement on my JVC RS1000 I have a couple of questions on CP settings that I want to confirm:

- Do I have to take two sets of gamut measurements, one with REC 709 as reference gamut and one with DCI-P3?

- Gamma target should be set to 2.2?

- Does it make sense to use my i1pro2 as reference meter and generate correction values for the i1D3 prior to use?

Thanks
post #1750 of 1758 Old 11-06-2019, 01:51 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello guys. I am trying to calibrate an LG oled C8, I have a 1 eye display pro and chromaPure 3, the results are good, but the measurements I get in the 5% area are very unreliable. Is there any way that my colorimeter can obtain more reliable readings at those brightness levels? Thank you.
post #1751 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Send a message via AIM to lovswr
So I bought the 200 dollar version of ChromaPure 3. I just want to confirm the following;

This version DOES NOT INCLUDE THE USE OF THE BUILT IN PATTERN GENERATOR? Is this correct?

Every time I try to use the built in generator as a source, I get ONE & ONLY ONE reading & then my meter shuts off. I have to go back into setup & disconnect & then connect the meter again. The meter is a retail version of the i1 | Display Pro

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
PSN = lovswr
XBOX Live = lovswr
post #1752 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Prior to doing a pre-calibration measurement on my JVC RS1000 I have a couple of questions on CP settings that I want to confirm:

- Do I have to take two sets of gamut measurements, one with REC 709 as reference gamut and one with DCI-P3?

- Gamma target should be set to 2.2?

- Does it make sense to use my i1pro2 as reference meter and generate correction values for the i1D3 prior to use?
No, you do not have to take a reading from two gamuts. The CP default is 2.22. You might also try BT.1886. This is user choice. In many, but not all, cases it does. The i1D3's accuracy varies quite a bit among different units.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Last edited by TomHuffman; 11-12-2019 at 05:32 PM.
post #1753 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Ferreres Gordillo View Post
Hello guys. I am trying to calibrate an LG oled C8, I have a 1 eye display pro and chromaPure 3, the results are good, but the measurements I get in the 5% area are very unreliable. Is there any way that my colorimeter can obtain more reliable readings at those brightness levels? Thank you.
It is difficult to get good repeatability at very low luminance levels. You can try turning on Measurement Smoothing and see if that helps.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1754 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post
So I bought the 200 dollar version of ChromaPure 3. I just want to confirm the following;

This version DOES NOT INCLUDE THE USE OF THE BUILT IN PATTERN GENERATOR? Is this correct?

Every time I try to use the built in generator as a source, I get ONE & ONLY ONE reading & then my meter shuts off. I have to go back into setup & disconnect & then connect the meter again. The meter is a retail version of the i1 | Display Pro
No, it includes use of the built-in signal generator. The behavior you describe is either a software or hardware problem. To rule out a hardware problem try using different usb ports. If the problem persists, close ChromaPure and delete the configuration file.

C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\3.1\cp.db
(If you don't see the ProgramData folder, that is because it is hidden. To unhide, access Control Panel, File Explorer Options, View, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", and then click OK.

Once the file is deleted, start ChromaPure and try again.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1755 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Send a message via AIM to lovswr
Quote:
No, it includes use of the built-in signal generator. The behavior you describe is either a software or hardware problem. To rule out a hardware problem try using different usb ports. If the problem persists, close ChromaPure and delete the configuration file.

C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\3.1\cp.db
(If you don't see the ProgramData folder, that is because it is hidden. To unhide, access Control Panel, File Explorer Options, View, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", and then click OK.

Once the file is deleted, start ChromaPure and try again.
I don't know what happened or what I did differently, but the third time of going through the disconnect/connect sequence & it 'took"

I still need to buy a UHD calibration disc. Any recommendations?

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
PSN = lovswr
XBOX Live = lovswr
post #1756 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post
I still need to buy a UHD calibration disc. Any recommendations?
HDR test patterns can be found at https://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1757 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
No, you do not have to take a reading from two gamuts.
This part is still not clear to me, here is what I think I understand. I can put the projector in REC709 color profile, use the CP internal patterns and measure gamut. Then I can switch the projector to use a BT2020 color profile, run through the same test patterns and I can measure the wider gamut?

Second question, on the initial setup screen, what color intensity is ideal? 75 percent?

Thanks!
post #1758 of 1758 Old 11-12-2019, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This part is still not clear to me, here is what I think I understand. I can put the projector in REC709 color profile, use the CP internal patterns and measure gamut. Then I can switch the projector to use a BT2020 color profile, run through the same test patterns and I can measure the wider gamut?

Second question, on the initial setup screen, what color intensity is ideal? 75 percent?
If you want to do a HDR/2020 calibration, then you need to use specialized HDR test patterns.

See https://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page