The Official ChromaPure 3 thread - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 350Likes

post #1771 of 1784 Old 01-02-2020, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
If you have a disc player and test pattern disc,(free ones are available) test the output from your video card relative to that. They should be essentially the same.
Stay with the default 235.
I have the 1i display pro 3 + ChromaPure 3.1.19.31 setup w/ disk. I'll check.

Marantz AV7702mkII | Emotiva XPA-5 Gen3 | miniDSP 2x4HD for BEQ/BOSS filters
PSA MTM-210 (L/C/R) | Polk Monitor 35B (SR/SL)
Epson 5050UB - BenQ W1070 w/ Panamorph CineVista Lens | Oppo BDP-103
HSU VTF-3MK5 (dual subs)
Seymour Center Stage UF 2.40 AT Screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1784 Old 01-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Hi Tom,

will chromapure have an autocal option for the upcoming MadVR Envy ? (similar to the autocal feature with Lumagen?)

Thank you!

JVC RS2000//JVC RS540 in Triple Black Velvet batcave
Anthem mrx1120
Klipsch Ref series 7.2.4 setup
Oppo 203 //Xbox one X // Apple 4k TV// PS4 Pro
Stewart Filmscreen 135" 16x9 Cima Neve
post #1773 of 1784 Old 01-07-2020, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I purchased the I1 Display Pro 3 + ChromaPure Standard a few years back (January 2017). I haven’t used it in a few years to calibrate my TV’s. I recently purchased a Sony 77” A9G OLED TV, and a Sony 55” A8G OLED TV. I found out both can be calibrated using Bravia workflow, but require CalMAN Home For Sony 2019 R3 software and a compatible meter. Two compatible meters listed are the X-Rite i1Pro and X-Rite i1Pro 2.

I just want to confirm whether or not my meter (X-Rite i1 Display Pro 3) is indeed compatible.
Thanks for the replies

Last edited by BiggShooter; 01-07-2020 at 09:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1774 of 1784 Old 01-07-2020, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrinegar View Post
Hi Tom,

will chromapure have an autocal option for the upcoming MadVR Envy ? (similar to the autocal feature with Lumagen?)

Thank you!
At this point I don't know anything about it.
jbrinegar likes this.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1775 of 1784 Old 01-07-2020, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggShooter View Post
I purchased the I1 Display Pro 3 + ChromaPure Standard a few years back (January 2017). I haven’t used it in a few years to calibrate my TV’s. I recently purchased a Sony 77” A9G OLED TV, and a Sony 55” A8G OLED TV. I found out both can be calibrated using Bravia workflow, but require CalMAN Home For Sony 2019 R3 software and a compatible meter. Two compatible meters listed are the X-Rite i1Pro and X-Rite i1Pro 2.

I just want to confirm whether or not my meter (X-Rite i1 Display Pro 3) is indeed compatible, since according to the curtpalme web site (http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36772), my meter is actually using the the X-Rite i1Pro hardware?

Thanks for the replies
I am not sure what you mean by "my meter is actually using the the X-Rite i1Pro hardware". Your meter is the X-Rite i1 Display Pro 3. Sometimes X-Rite uses the 3 in its designation of this meter and sometimes it doesn't. It is the same meter.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1776 of 1784 Old 01-07-2020, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
I just want to confirm whether or not my meter (X-Rite i1 Display Pro 3) is indeed compatible, since according to the curtpalme web site (http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36772), my meter is actually using the the X-Rite i1Pro hardware?

Thanks for the replies
You misquoted them. This is the line: "Both meters use the exact same X-Rite i1Display Pro hardware"
The Display Pro is what you have. It is a colorimeter. The I1 Pro and I1 Pro 2 are spectrophotometers. They are apples and oranges.
dwaleke likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #1777 of 1784 Old 01-07-2020, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:

I just want to confirm whether or not my meter (X-Rite i1 Display Pro 3) is indeed compatible.
Thanks for the replies
Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by "my meter is actually using the the X-Rite i1Pro hardware". Your meter is the X-Rite i1 Display Pro 3. Sometimes X-Rite uses the 3 in its designation of this meter and sometimes it doesn't. It is the same meter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
You misquoted them. This is the line: "Both meters use the exact same X-Rite i1Display Pro hardware"
The Display Pro is what you have. It is a colorimeter. The I1 Pro and I1 Pro 2 are spectrophotometers. They are apples and oranges.
I apologize for the confusion. I'm just wanted to know whether or not it was compatible. I'm assuming it is not?
post #1778 of 1784 Old 01-08-2020, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
I apologize for the confusion. I'm just wanted to know whether or not it was compatible. I'm assuming it is not?
I honestly don't know. If it did, it would be treated as a plain-Jane I1D3 by the other program. None of the display profiles created by Mr. Huffman for use within ChromaPure would be available to it there.
BiggShooter likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #1779 of 1784 Old 01-24-2020, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, folks. I'm an absolute newbie to calibration. I recently bought an i1 Display Pro Plus to calibrate my Sammy QLED along with ChromaPure 3. And now the newbie questions:

1. It's recommended to perform first a 100% white measurement. In ChromaPure initial setup I have the option of 75% intensity. Do I have to change that value in order to obtain a 100% intensity? And for the rest return to 75%? I use a calibration disk where I already use the 75% colour and 100% white patterns.

2. Is that normal to obtain by the first white measurement a dE of 4? What impact has that value of the overall image quality or colour?

3. By calibratin white ballance I obtain by 0% and 5% gray extremely high dE values. Is this normal? Can I ignore them?

4. The Sammy has a 21 point white balance. I read the curtepalm guide where it's recomended to make mainly an adjustement by 20 and 80%. Should I calibrate 21 points only if I'm not satisfied with the picture? Or should I always go for a maximal point setting?

Thanks guys for help.
post #1780 of 1784 Old 01-24-2020, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranos View Post
Hi, folks. I'm an absolute newbie to calibration. I recently bought an i1 Display Pro Plus to calibrate my Sammy QLED along with ChromaPure 3. And now the newbie questions:

1. It's recommended to perform first a 100% white measurement. In ChromaPure initial setup I have the option of 75% intensity. Do I have to change that value in order to obtain a 100% intensity? And for the rest return to 75%? I use a calibration disk where I already use the 75% colour and 100% white patterns.

2. Is that normal to obtain by the first white measurement a dE of 4? What impact has that value of the overall image quality or colour?

3. By calibratin white ballance I obtain by 0% and 5% gray extremely high dE values. Is this normal? Can I ignore them?

4. The Sammy has a 21 point white balance. I read the curtepalm guide where it's recomended to make mainly an adjustement by 20 and 80%. Should I calibrate 21 points only if I'm not satisfied with the picture? Or should I always go for a maximal point setting?

Thanks guys for help.
1. It is not a recommendation. The initial white point measurement MUST be at 100% regardless of what Color Intensity setting you have.
2. Yes, that is not an unreasonable number. I would try to get that down to below 2.
3. You can ignore 0% entirely. That is just for contrast data. 5% is difficult. If you can get it below 4, then I would count that as a victory.
4. Try the 2- point first and then see what the dE is throughout the grayscale. If it deviates significantly, then proceed to the 21-point.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1781 of 1784 Old 01-25-2020, 12:33 AM

Quote:
1. It is not a recommendation. The initial white point measurement MUST be at 100% regardless of what Color Intensity setting you have.
2. Yes, that is not an unreasonable number. I would try to get that down to below 2.
Thanks Tom. So in order to make a white point measurement, should I raise the color intensity to 100% in the "Initial Setup" page (default 75%), and then revert back to 75% for the rest? Or I leave it on default and start a 100% white pattern? I'm a little bit confused about the option "color intensity" option.

I'll try to reduce the dE on my white point measurement. Should I here adjust contrast or better gamma?

Thanks.
post #1782 of 1784 Old 01-25-2020, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranos View Post
Thanks Tom. So in order to make a white point measurement, should I raise the color intensity to 100% in the "Initial Setup" page (default 75%), and then revert back to 75% for the rest? Or I leave it on default and start a 100% white pattern? I'm a little bit confused about the option "color intensity" option.

I'll try to reduce the dE on my white point measurement. Should I here adjust contrast or better gamma?
No. Color intensity refers just to that, the intensity of color test patterns. Use 75% color intensity setting. All use use 100% white for the reference white reading.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #1783 of 1784 Old 01-25-2020, 03:36 AM

Thanks. So I leave the color intensity on the initial setup page untouched by 75%.
post #1784 of 1784 Old 01-26-2020, 02:52 PM

With my QLED-Sammy I use the built-in sjgnal generator. The problem is that I'm not able to use "Fields" as recomended, because I observed that during continous measuring I obtain different result when the OSD in on or off. Would be the use of "windows" an option?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page