AVS Forum banner

The Official ChromaPure 3 thread

211K views 2K replies 213 participants last post by  Ellebob 
#1 · (Edited)
ChromaPure 3 will be released (finally!) in the next few days. In advance of the official release, I want to begin posting some demos that provide some indication about the look and feature set of the new product.

The ChromaPure 3 User Interface

See Demo

#6 ·
Upgrade cost is $79.

For anyone purchased a license during the last year (I'll have to lookup the exact cutoff date), the upgrade is free.

All of the features you licensed in v 2 will be available in v. 3.

#10 ·
The free upgrade is for people who purchased the main program within the last year. I'll post the upgrade offer on our web site when we are ready to formally release. It will be a few days yet.

#16 ·
Very excited to get a hold of this.

#18 ·
Both. The bulk of our work has been on the new platform, which establishes a basis for adding new features in subsequent point upgrades, which will be available for free to v3 users. However, this release also has several new features. One point first, though. Sometimes, it is difficult to distinguish a feature enhancement from a UI enhancement. For example, is the ability to measure Gamut, Saturations, and ColorChecker with one mouse click a UI enhancement or a new feature? You are doing the same things you could do in v2, but you can do them so much easier and faster it feels like a new feature to me. Anyway. . .

ChromaPure 3 What's New

• New streamlined and efficient user interface
  • Enhanced user-configurable reporting
  • User-defined automated measurements
  • Multiple gamma runs on one chart for comparison
  • 12/21 pt selectable Lumagen LUT auto-calibrate
  • dE method selectable by module
  • System-wide gamma, select once and apply everywhere

#20 ·
Hi Tom,

I've calibrated my Marantz VP-15S home theater projector a few years ago using older CalMAN 3.7 software that is not compatible with Windows 10. My i1 Display 2 isn't either as there isn't driver support so I've ordered the i1 Display Pro that just arrive today.

I recently purchased a Samsung UHD LED tv that has 11-point color correction. As I am retired & only will use this program on my own monitors, ChromaPure 3's demo looks very user friendly for a novice like me but I can't find pricing anywhere at the website. Has it been released? Also, is it downloadable?

Thanks, George

#21 ·
As I am retired & only will use this program on my own monitors, ChromaPure 3's demo looks very user friendly for a novice like me but I can't find pricing anywhere at the website. Has it been released? Also, is it downloadable?
ChromaPure 3 will be released in a few days. You can buy ChromaPure 2.5.8 now and get a free upgrade when CP3 is available.

#23 ·
I just purchase ChromaPure. The software displays ver 002. So this is current till the new is available?
I've a couple of questions -
I don't find instructions on the disk, at least when I run it in the Blu Ray player attached to the TV. Are they on the disk?
And
Looking at the data side of the disk there is an obvious gap as if there are 2 separate tracks recorded. What's up with that?

#24 ·
002 just refers to the disc version. It has nothing to do with ChromaPure software.
There are instructions for the basic calibration patterns. Display a pattern (e.g., Brightness) and then push the Pop-up Menu button on your Blu-ray's remote.
No. I don't know what you are referring to.

#31 ·
Every time I consider this I always come back to the same analysis. It makes a lot more sense to control a video processor, which you can then insert into the reproduction chain to control ANY display. Direct control of displays only works for some displays and not others, multiple redundant controls have to be developed to support different displays, and then those will all require periodic updating as the displays change. From a development standpoint it is horribly inefficient.

If we get to the point in the 3.x development process where I have run out of obvious features to add (we are are not nearly there yet), then I will revisit this.

#32 ·
Calibration Templates

Version 3 Demos
Calibration Templates
This is a very powerful new feature in ChromaPure 3. Using the new Custom Targets feature in Raw Data and Excel templates developed by us and posted on our web site, you can create a report for literally any display calibration feature. The demo above is an example of measuring saturations in 10% increments.

#34 ·
ChromaPure 3 Released

ChromaPure 3 is now available for purchase and download.

You can download and read the Release Notes on our News page.

The cost for existing users is $79. Those who purchased ChromaPure 2.x on or after Dec. 18, 2014 are entitled to a free upgrade.

System requirements have changed in two ways.
1) CP3 requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.1
2) CP3 requires Windows Vista or higher (will no longer install on XP)

#38 ·
ChromaPure 3 is now available for purchase and download.

You can download and read the Release Notes on our News page.

The cost for existing users is $79. Those who purchased ChromaPure 2.x on or after Dec. 18, 2014 are entitled to a free upgrade.

System requirements have changed in two ways.
1) CP3 requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.1
2) CP3 requires Windows Vista or higher (will no longer install on XP)
Great news, thanks! Will existing license keys work with CP3 as long as they were issued after the cutoff date, or do we need new keys?

#36 ·
Hi Tom,

I recall asking this question a few months back, apologies in advance for making you repeat yourself, but as the new version is ready you can answer 100% accurately.

One limitation I found with the older version was that in the Advanced CM, you couldn't set a gamma amount, and I believe it was "accepted" as 2.22. Can this now be altered?

Many thanks!

#37 ·
Ugh...still using Flash for the demo's...