2016/2017 Vizio P Series Calibration Thread - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1589Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3421 of 5337 Old 07-02-2017, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
Do you believe the Grayscale tracking is correct in the GR File?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I think it's close enough.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3422 of 5337 Old 07-02-2017, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Updated my settings for all 3 calibrations.

@beardontwalk123 please update the OP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is online now  
post #3423 of 5337 Old 07-03-2017, 10:28 AM
 
Sbuchanan813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
3.3.16.1 BETA Firmware settings for p75-c1

HDMI-1 (ARC and SubSampling ON) From Main port of Pioneer AVR



HDMI-5 for XBox One (SubSampling ON) From Secondary port of Pioneer AVR



FIRMWARE: 3.3.16.1(UPDATED 07/02/2017)

BG LED display setting

D65 HD Rec.709 w/Power 2.2 Gamma

FALD ON, 10% window, no APL

White: 103cd/m²(nits)

Black: 0.00015 nits

Contrast Ratio (FALD On) 69,860



XBox One (NON-S) Set to Standard Color Space and 30-bit Color Depth. These specified settings are ONLY for gaming. If you are using it for watching TV or a movies make sure you use one of the other Picture Modes!



I'm loving this!!



Picture Mode: Calibrated NoLights/Calibrated Dark/Calibrated/Game

Auto Brightness Control: Off

Backlight: 15/40/85/100

Brightness: 50, GAME 35 (XBox One (NON-S))

Contrast: 50, GAME 60 (XBox One (NON-S))

Color: 50

Tint: 0

Sharpness: 5, GAME 10



--More Picture---

Color temperature: Normal

Black Detail: Off

Xtreme Black Engine Pro: On

Reduce Judder: 0

Reduce Motion Blur: 0

Clear Action: Off, ON for GAME

Reduce Signal Noise: Off

Reduce Block Noise: Off

Reduce Motion Judder: 0

Reduce motion Blur: 0

Game Low Latency: ON

Picture Size: [no change]

Picture Position: [no change]

Pure Cinema: OFF

Color Space: Auto

Gamma: 2.2 (Calibrated NoLights, Calibrated Dark, Game) 2.1 (Calibrated)



---Color Calibration---



Color Tuner:



Hue:

Red: 1

Green: 2

Blue: -2

Cyan: 0

Magenta: 0

Yellow: 0



Saturation

Red: 2

Green: 0

Blue: 1

Cyan: 5

Magenta: -2

Yellow: 0



Brightness

Red: 1

Green: -1

Blue: -2

Cyan: -3

Magenta: 1

Yellow: 0



Offset

Red: -8

Green: 0

Blue: -1



Gain

Red: -5

Green: 0

Blue: -33



11 Point White Balance: Listed as R,G,B



5% 32,11,17



10% 5,0,23



20% -7,-4,-4



30% 1,3,5



40% 8,2,8



50% -1,3,6



60% -7,2,7



70% -17,-11,-4



80% -8,1,5



90% -12,-3,-2



100% 0,0,0





================================================== ===================================





Dolby Vision HDR Settings(UPDATED 07/02/2017)

FIRMWARE: 3.3.16.1

BG LED display setting

Rec BT.2020 Colorspace / Dolby Vision P75 EOTF

FALD ON

Gamma 2.2

10% window: 504 nits-100%, 0.004nits-0%

Full Screen Black: 0.004nits





Picture Mode:Calibrated Dark/Calibrated



Auto Brightness Control: Off

Backlight: 50

Brightness: 50

Contrast: 50

Color: 50

Tint: 0

Sharpness: 5



--More Picture---

Color temperature: Normal

Black Detail: Off

Xtreme Black Engine Pro: On

Reduce Judder: 0

Reduce Motion Blur: 0

Clear Action: Off

Reduce Signal Noise: Off

Reduce Block Noise: Off

Game Low Latency: ON

Pure Cinema: Off

Color Space: Auto

Gamma: 2.2/2.1 (Calibrated Dark/Calibrated)



---Color Calibration---



Color Tuner:



Hue:

Red: 0

Green: 15

Blue: -6

Cyan: -2

Magenta: 9

Yellow: -4



Saturation

Red: 6

Green: 15

Blue: -6

Cyan: 15

Magenta: -4

Yellow: -5



Brightness

Red: 0

Green: 0

Blue: 3

Cyan: -2

Magenta: 8

Yellow: 0



Offset

Red: -4

Green: 0

Blue: 0



Gain

Red: -2

Green: 30

Blue: -8



11 Point White Balance: Listed as R,G,B



5% 5,-20,-25



10% -26,-26,-20



20% -29,-24,-27



30% -30,-28,-26



40% -27,-33,-25



50% -38,-26,-26



60% -32,-20,-20



70% -10,-3,-6



80% 12,14,11



90% 43,42,48



100% 35,27,24



================================================== ====================================



HDR-10 Settings(UPDATED 07/02/2017)

FIRMWARE: 3.3.16.1

BG LED display setting

Rec BT.2020 Colorspace / ST2084 HDR PQ

FALD ON

Gamma 2.2

10% window 500nits

Black: 0.004nits





Picture Mode:Calibrated Dark/Calibrated

Auto Brightness Control: Off

Backlight: 50

Brightness: 50

Contrast: 50

Color: 58

Tint: 0

Sharpness: 5



--More Picture---

Color temperature: Normal

Black Detail: Off

Xtreme Black Engine Pro: On

Reduce Judder: 0

Reduce Motion Blur: 0

Clear Action: Off

Reduce Signal Noise: Off

Reduce Block Noise: Off

Game Low Latency: ON

Pure Cinema: OFF

Color Space: Auto

Gamma: 2.2/2.1 (Calibrated Dark/Calibrated)



---Color Calibration---



Color Tuner:



Hue:

Red: 2

Green: 15

Blue: 0

Cyan: 4

Magenta: 6

Yellow: -11



Saturation

Red: -2

Green: 11

Blue: -5

Cyan: -10

Magenta: -9

Yellow: -3



Brightness

Red: 0

Green: 0

Blue: 0

Cyan: 0

Magenta: 0

Yellow: 0



Offset

Red: -4

Green: 0

Blue: -1



Gain

Red: 4

Green: 35

Blue: -5



11 Point White Balance: Listed as R,G,B



5% 0,0,0



10% 0,0,9



20% -4,-4,-6



30% 9,-2,5



40% 11,0,6



50% 1,9,7



60% -1,6,7



70% 10,6,11



80% 8,9,12



90% 1,0,4



100% 28,24,21


Unnoticed on the beta hdr 10 settings you turn game low latency on.. is that correct? Can't remember doing that last time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sbuchanan813 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3424 of 5337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
Unnoticed on the beta hdr 10 settings you turn game low latency on.. is that correct? Can't remember doing that last time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I have previously posted in the main thread, I have it enabled because of some judder I encountered that was only fixed by enabling GLL.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is online now  
post #3425 of 5337 Old 07-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
DisplayCalNoob, have you updated your settings for the p55 since your original post?
FriedMaggots is offline  
post #3426 of 5337 Old 07-05-2017, 03:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Can't save multiple white balance settings?

Just got the P65-C1 (btw, not a first time former - but somehow AVS can't retrieve my log in details)...anyway, I saved two settings for HDR and non-HDR content based on what's posted on this site, but 11 PT WB doesn't "stick" with each setting. I dialed in the standard first, saved it, then created the HDR setting. When I went back to my first save, my WB was that of the HDR setting. How do I correct this, if it can be corrected?
rickenback01 is offline  
post #3427 of 5337 Old 07-05-2017, 03:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,869
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
@rickenback01

To apply HDR10 and DV settings, you have to first play content in that format. It then allows you to configure the LUT you want.
The LUTs are per color temperature, not per picture mode.
So you have 3 color temps, 3 formats in each (HDR10, DV, SDR) thus you can have up to 9 LUTs.
shoman94 and Elbie like this.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
The Coolest is offline  
post #3428 of 5337 Old 07-05-2017, 09:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,750
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
Liked: 1655
Just updated my calibration settings.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...l#post50605377

used my new I1Pro2 spectro to profile my meter. Not a huge difference over my last profile, but I was able to get a little bit better results.
shoman94 likes this.
skschatzman is offline  
post #3429 of 5337 Old 07-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Elbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
@rickenback01

To apply HDR10 and DV settings, you have to first play content in that format. It then allows you to configure the LUT you want.
The LUTs are per color temperature, not per picture mode.
So you have 3 color temps, 3 formats in each (HDR10, DV, SDR) thus you can have up to 9 LUTs.
Well, I learned something new tonight. I did not know this. I always wondered why settings kept changing randomly when I watched different things. Thank you.
Elbie is offline  
post #3430 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burbank
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
As I have previously posted in the main thread, I have it enabled because of some judder I encountered that was only fixed by enabling GLL.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
@shoman94 - How do I enable GLL with your latest calibration? GLL is greyed out for me. I'm now on 3.3.16.1.
Skunka is offline  
post #3431 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunka View Post
@shoman94 - How do I enable GLL with your latest calibration? GLL is greyed out for me. I'm now on 3.3.16.1.
Well, it can be enabled while watching 60hz HDR10 and SDR content.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Skunka likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is online now  
post #3432 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
@rickenback01

To apply HDR10 and DV settings, you have to first play content in that format. It then allows you to configure the LUT you want.
The LUTs are per color temperature, not per picture mode.
So you have 3 color temps, 3 formats in each (HDR10, DV, SDR) thus you can have up to 9 LUTs.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not following. So if I'm setting up non-HDR settings (I'm assuming that's what SDR stands for???), I make all of my adjustments, save it as SDR and I'm good. Then, for HDR, put on an HDR show, adjust my setting and save. If I do that, my white balance setting will now be different between the two when I switch? You mentioned 3 color temps...do I have to switch the color temp to have different settings? There are no built in HDR, DV, and SDR settings, right? I'm sorry for all the questions.
rickenback01 is offline  
post #3433 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickenback01 View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not following. So if I'm setting up non-HDR settings (I'm assuming that's what SDR stands for???), I make all of my adjustments, save it as SDR and I'm good. Then, for HDR, put on an HDR show, adjust my setting and save. If I do that, my white balance setting will now be different between the two when I switch? You mentioned 3 color temps...do I have to switch the color temp to have different settings? There are no built in HDR, DV, and SDR settings, right? I'm sorry for all the questions.
You might want to hold off on using anyone 2 point( Gain and Offset) settings, because information has come through that DV HDR(specifically) looks for a 2.2 gamma. Any changes could cause your display to not properly map DV data to your display.

There is a small chance things could work out, so good luck

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is offline  
post #3434 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
beardontwalk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clear Lake, IA
Posts: 2,078
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1577 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
You might want to hold off on using anyone 2 point( Gain and Offset) settings, because information has come through that DV HDR(specifically) looks for a 2.2 gamma. Any changes could cause your display to not properly map DV data to your display.

There is a small chance things could work out, so good luck

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
What do you mean?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
beardontwalk123 is online now  
post #3435 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
What do you mean?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Tyler Pruitt said during a presentation of AutoCal for the Samsung QLEDs, that Dolby Vision looks for a 2.2 gamma. It's in a article and forum post by Scott Wilkerson. He went on to say that, any other gamma would cause the chipset or SOC(paraphrasing) to not properly map the data to your display. It has to be 2.2, so if you use Calibrated you have to change the gamma to 2.2.

This is partly due to todays displays still employing gamma based panels.

This affects color as you know, and the white point. So obviously all DV content graded to 2.2 gamma.

This may also explain why, when acquiring the DVGR file from Vizio website, your display serial number needs to be provided, that way you get the proper files for your display.

Matt McRae team appear to have my display pretty close to 2.2, because it on another level of WOW. Even the black bars are darker, which is probably the FALD at work.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is offline  
post #3436 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
beardontwalk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clear Lake, IA
Posts: 2,078
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1577 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Tyler Pruitt said during a presentation of AutoCal for the Samsung QLEDs, that Dolby Vision looks for a 2.2 gamma. It's in a article and forum post by Scott Wilkerson. He went on to say that, any other gamma would cause the chipset or SOC(paraphrasing) to not properly map the data to your display. It has to be 2.2, so if you use Calibrated you have to change the gamma to 2.2.

This is partly due to todays displays still employing gamma based panels.

This affects color as you know, and the white point. So obviously all DV content graded to 2.2 gamma.

This may also explain why, when acquiring the DVGR file from Vizio website, your display serial number needs to be provided, that way you get the proper files for your display.

Matt McRae team appear to have my display pretty close to 2.2, because it on another level of WOW. Even the black bars are darker, which is probably the FALD at work.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
2.2 is actually the closest anyway according to the GR. Spectracal also said that they want to get rid of GR Files for DV and just measure the capabilities of display and go from there. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
beardontwalk123 is online now  
post #3437 of 5337 Old 07-06-2017, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
2.2 is actually the closest anyway according to the GR. Spectracal also said that they want to get rid of GR Files for DV and just measure the capabilities of display and go from there. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yeah, I watched one of Scott's videos, where he interviewed a friend that has been asking for the ability to turn off tone mapping for a more linear calibration. No problem, can't get enough of new info.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is offline  
post #3438 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Yeah, I watched one of Scott's videos, where he interviewed a friend that has been asking for the ability to turn off tone mapping for a more linear calibration. No problem, can't get enough of new info.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
Interesting info - can anyone provide insight into the question I had asked? I used to be better at this stuff, but that was 3 kids ago!!

So if I'm setting up non-HDR settings (I'm assuming that's what SDR stands for???), I make all of my adjustments, save it as SDR and I'm good. Then, for HDR, put on an HDR show, adjust my setting and save. If I do that, my white balance setting will now be different between the two when I switch? You mentioned 3 color temps...do I have to switch the color temp to have different settings? There are no built in HDR, DV, and SDR settings, right? I'm sorry for all the questions.
rickenback01 is offline  
post #3439 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
DV Content From Vudu?

I have a UHD DV copy of Lego Batman from Vudu (from the BRUHD Code), but I can't the content to display in DV (or HDR) when streaming. I'm using Shield TV as my streaming device - which supports DV from VUDU - onto a P65-C1, going through a Sony STRDN1080 receiver.
Also, does anyone know why you can get DV from netflix when casting, but only HDR10 through the Netflix apps from streaming boxes? Is there a setting I'm missing?
rickenback01 is offline  
post #3440 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickenback01 View Post
I have a UHD DV copy of Lego Batman from Vudu (from the BRUHD Code), but I can't the content to display in DV (or HDR) when streaming. I'm using Shield TV as my streaming device - which supports DV from VUDU - onto a P65-C1, going through a Sony STRDN1080 receiver.
Also, does anyone know why you can get DV from netflix when casting, but only HDR10 through the Netflix apps from streaming boxes? Is there a setting I'm missing?
The Shield doesn't do DV, it either has to have a chip that can decode it or Nvidia license the software, but Dolby has to confirm it's compatible.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is offline  
post #3441 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,750
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
Liked: 1655
@DisplayCalNoob @shoman94

So I just got my i1pro2 from Spectracal the other day and playing with it a lot lately. I have a few questions about my results and about the functionality of profiling.

Yesterday I created a profile and verified it to within acceptable variation. I then did a full calibration with the enthusiast workflow. I did 2pt/11pt/CMS.

This morning I loaded everything up and selected my profile I created yesterday and all of my calibration settings were WAY off. I'm like... What the hell.

I did some research and found this thread. It's old, but I'm not sure if this is still valid.

http://www.spectracal.com/forum/view...hp?f=31&t=1577

If I understand it correctly, the profile is only good for 2pt/11pt and secondaries. Any changes made to the primaries on the CMS will invalidate the profile. Again, that's what I got out of the conversation.

If this is the case, should I use my slow spectro to make adjustments to the CMS before I create a profile to my colorimeter to adjust 2pt/11pt?

Iuno. Maybe my results are just from the wonky/buggy/broken CMS the Vizio displays have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #3442 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
@DisplayCalNoob @shoman94

So I just got my i1pro2 from Spectracal the other day and playing with it a lot lately. I have a few questions about my results and about the functionality of profiling.

Yesterday I created a profile and verified it to within acceptable variation. I then did a full calibration with the enthusiast workflow. I did 2pt/11pt/CMS.

This morning I loaded everything up and selected my profile I created yesterday and all of my calibration settings were WAY off. I'm like... What the hell.

I did some research and found this thread. It's old, but I'm not sure if this is still valid.

http://www.spectracal.com/forum/view...hp?f=31&t=1577

If I understand it correctly, the profile is only good for 2pt/11pt and secondaries. Any changes made to the primaries on the CMS will invalidate the profile. Again, that's what I got out of the conversation.

If this is the case, should I use my slow spectro to make adjustments to the CMS before I create a profile to my colorimeter to adjust 2pt/11pt?

Iuno. Maybe my results are just from the wonky/buggy/broken CMS the Vizio displays have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have never profiled my meter, I know that LCD displays have warm up period. Give it thirty minutes to warm up, the meter as well That way, if things change after using the spectro, you know for sure what's.

Also, try to avoid using color brightness.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is offline  
post #3443 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,750
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
Liked: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
I have never profiled my meter, I know that LCD displays have warm up period. Give it thirty minutes to warm up, the meter as well That way, if things change after using the spectro, you know for sure what's.

Also, try to avoid using color brightness.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Yah warming up my display is a normal thing I do, but from what I have read and x-rite documentation, my meters do not change readings as long as they are stored at the same temperature as when they are used.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #3444 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Yah warming up my display is a normal thing I do, but from what I have read and x-rite documentation, my meters do not change readings as long as they are stored at the same temperature as when they are used.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The meter needs warming up to especially on the display. They are against the tv so I warm the tv by watching it, then place the meter on the tv for 30 minutes before starting.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is online now  
post #3445 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
@DisplayCalNoob @shoman94

So I just got my i1pro2 from Spectracal the other day and playing with it a lot lately. I have a few questions about my results and about the functionality of profiling.

Yesterday I created a profile and verified it to within acceptable variation. I then did a full calibration with the enthusiast workflow. I did 2pt/11pt/CMS.

This morning I loaded everything up and selected my profile I created yesterday and all of my calibration settings were WAY off. I'm like... What the hell.

I did some research and found this thread. It's old, but I'm not sure if this is still valid.

http://www.spectracal.com/forum/view...hp?f=31&t=1577

If I understand it correctly, the profile is only good for 2pt/11pt and secondaries. Any changes made to the primaries on the CMS will invalidate the profile. Again, that's what I got out of the conversation.

If this is the case, should I use my slow spectro to make adjustments to the CMS before I create a profile to my colorimeter to adjust 2pt/11pt?

Iuno. Maybe my results are just from the wonky/buggy/broken CMS the Vizio displays have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So I don't think that information is correct but I could be wrong. By profiling we are setting the meter to read exactly like the spectrometer. We aren't setting a gamut for the meter to read to.
I'm not sure what your are using to put your patterns up but it may be due to the wonky CMS that you are getting skewed results. I use my laptop directly connected to my TV so this will keep he signal constant on the tv so the wonky CMS doesn't effect me.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is online now  
post #3446 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,750
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
Liked: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
The meter needs warming up to especially on the display. They are against the tv so I warm the tv by watching it, then place the meter on the tv for 30 minutes before starting.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
That's pretty much what I do. I usually use a 100% white full screen pattern and put the meter up there with it for about 30 minutes. I assumed others were warming up the meter by using continuous read.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #3447 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
That's pretty much what I do. I usually use a 100% white full screen pattern and put the meter up there with it for about 30 minutes. I assumed others were warming up the meter by using continuous read.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No.. I have it plugged into my laptop and CalMAN open so it's activated while I have something on the screen going. Usually music going with an on screen app.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is online now  
post #3448 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Member
 
LittleNickySantoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: PNW
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Vizio P55 C1 v.3.3.16.1 Beta HDR10 Calibration
Backlight 50
Brightness 50
Contrast 50
Color 58
Tint 0
Sharpness 8
Gamma 2.2

CMS - Default

2pt.
Offset
-5, -4, -6
Gain
-3, 4, -18

11pt.
5% 0, 0, 0
10% -10, -10, 14
20% 0, 0, 0
30% 0, 0, 0
40% -9, 2, 10
50% -30, -8, -4
60% 0, 0, 0
70% 0, 0, 0
80% 0, 0, 0
90% 0, 0, 0
100% 0, 0, 0

Overall I didn't have to do much the 2pt pretty much took care of everything. I didn't adjust the tone mapping at all as you can see left it default.

Vizio P55 C1 v.3.3.16.1 Beta SDR Calibration
Backlight 16 (120 cd/m2)
Brightness 50
Contrast 49
Color 50
Tint 0
Sharpness 8
Gamma 2.2

CMS - Default

2pt.
Offset
-9, -1, -2
Gain
3, -1, -31

11pt.
5% 15, -13, 4
10% 3, -12, 8
20% 4, -3, -3
30% 3, 2, 2
40% -16, -5, -1
50% -29, -10, -4
60% -23, -23, -15
70% -27, -8, 1
80% -26, -9, -5
90% -16, -3, -3
100% 1, 0, 0

I increased the optimized delay in calman which was .25 to 1 and this really helped when calibrating with FALD on. I profiled the C6 using 2 passes on the multi setting with my i1Pro2 I warm up the display for 1hr and meters for 20 min before calibration.
shoman94 and Elbie like this.

P55-C1, Oppo UDH-203, Pioneer AVR, Pioneer Speaker 7.2, Monster Home Theatre Reference PowerCenter, Amazon Basics HDMI cables
Calibration DIY Calman Enthusiast, C6 HDR Meter, AVLabs TPG, HD Fury, and meter profiled with X-Rite iPro2
LittleNickySantoro is offline  
post #3449 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Member
 
LittleNickySantoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: PNW
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just got the tablet update and now we can use the up/down to navigate the smartcast! I don't need their updated controller after all! Way to go Vizio!

P55-C1, Oppo UDH-203, Pioneer AVR, Pioneer Speaker 7.2, Monster Home Theatre Reference PowerCenter, Amazon Basics HDMI cables
Calibration DIY Calman Enthusiast, C6 HDR Meter, AVLabs TPG, HD Fury, and meter profiled with X-Rite iPro2
LittleNickySantoro is offline  
post #3450 of 5337 Old 07-07-2017, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleNickySantoro View Post
Vizio P55 C1 v.3.3.16.1 Beta HDR10 Calibration
Backlight 50
Brightness 50
Contrast 50
Color 58
Tint 0
Sharpness 8
Gamma 2.2

CMS - Default

2pt.
Offset
-5, -4, -6
Gain
-3, 4, -18

11pt.
5% 0, 0, 0
10% -10, -10, 14
20% 0, 0, 0
30% 0, 0, 0
40% -9, 2, 10
50% -30, -8, -4
60% 0, 0, 0
70% 0, 0, 0
80% 0, 0, 0
90% 0, 0, 0
100% 0, 0, 0

Overall I didn't have to do much the 2pt pretty much took care of everything. I didn't adjust the tone mapping at all as you can see left it default.

Vizio P55 C1 v.3.3.16.1 Beta SDR Calibration
Backlight 16 (120 cd/m2)
Brightness 50
Contrast 49
Color 50
Tint 0
Sharpness 8
Gamma 2.2

CMS - Default

2pt.
Offset
-9, -1, -2
Gain
3, -1, -31

11pt.
5% 15, -13, 4
10% 3, -12, 8
20% 4, -3, -3
30% 3, 2, 2
40% -16, -5, -1
50% -29, -10, -4
60% -23, -23, -15
70% -27, -8, 1
80% -26, -9, -5
90% -16, -3, -3
100% 1, 0, 0

I increased the optimized delay in calman which was .25 to 1 and this really helped when calibrating with FALD on. I profiled the C6 using 2 passes on the multi setting with my i1Pro2 I warm up the display for 1hr and meters for 20 min before calibration.
Why no DV cal

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
shoman94 likes this.
DisplayCalNoob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off