R.Masciola's HDR-10 UHD Test Patterns - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1088Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 1778 Old 07-26-2017, 11:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i just paid for the hdr-10 test pattern suite download but did not get any download links...
STAIN0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 1778 Old 07-27-2017, 06:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAIN0 View Post
i just paid for the hdr-10 test pattern suite download but did not get any download links...
http://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/dvs_contact.html
STAIN0 likes this.
BertL is offline  
post #843 of 1778 Old 07-28-2017, 05:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertL View Post
Thanks, tried that but got no reply...
STAIN0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #844 of 1778 Old 07-29-2017, 03:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 35
When comes the disk version ?
bigapp likes this.
KKK101 is offline  
post #845 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
A/V Addicted Member
 
mascior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 774
I would like to thank everyone for there patience. The wait is finally over, my UHD|HDR-10 Test Pattern Suite/UltraHD Bluray Disc is now available for pre-order! Existing customers should receive an email via Mail Chip, which includes pre-order links to USA and/or international sales. The USA button links directly to purchase and international redirects to Kalibrate UK. If you are not an existing customer, pre-orders are now avaliable on my website @diversifiedvideosolutions. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at [email protected] for a quicker response. Thank you everyone for your continued support!

- Ryan M.
Daryl L, WiFi-Spy, galonzo and 1 others like this.
mascior is offline  
post #846 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,429
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 780
I purchased the pre-order. Can't wait!

Sony XBR-65Z9D / Oppo UDP-203 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #847 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DLCPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1560 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Can this new UHD Pattern Disc also be used to adjust brightness/contrast/etc. for *regular* Blu-ray as well, or would I need a separate disc or download for that?

Thanks.

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
DLCPhoto is online now  
post #848 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
A/V Addicted Member
 
mascior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Can this new UHD Pattern Disc also be used to adjust brightness/contrast/etc. for *regular* Blu-ray as well, or would I need a separate disc or download for that?

Thanks.
Hi DLCPhoto,

Not this product. This release is strictly for HDR-10. However, I have other products available for non-HDR adjustments HERE. The entire top two rows are dedicated to BT709/SDR. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
mascior is offline  
post #849 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DLCPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1560 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascior View Post
Hi DLCPhoto,

Not this product. This release is strictly for HDR-10. However, I have other products available for non-HDR adjustments HERE. The entire top two rows are dedicated to BT709/SDR. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
Thanks for the quick reply and info. I was hoping one product would cover it all, but certainly understand why these are provided as separate options.

Don

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
DLCPhoto is online now  
post #850 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,509
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2659 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
@mascior pre-ordered. Is there an estimated shipping date?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #851 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
A/V Addicted Member
 
mascior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
@mascior pre-ordered. Is there an estimated shipping date?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hi skschatzman,

Tentatively, mid-August. I will have a more solid timeline early next week. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
mascior is offline  
post #852 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,509
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2659 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Cool

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #853 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Answer Seeking / Sharing
 
cavchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 2,000
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Thanks a lot Ryan!

Pre-0rdered the RM UHD/HDR-10 disc and also ordered the RMACD Blu-Ray as we still have some of them running (only one UHD player at the moment but other family members are slowly moving that direction).
mascior likes this.

Ray
Albuquerque, NM
cavchameleon is offline  
post #854 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
welldun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascior View Post
Hi skschatzman,

Tentatively, mid-August. I will have a more solid timeline early next week. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
Sorry if it's been discussed in the past, but now that the disc is finalized, is there a difference between the digital file and the disc (other than the obvious disc that it comes on vs a simple download)?
welldun is offline  
post #855 of 1778 Old 08-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Just ordered mine from the email as I had already purchased the download pack. Are you shipping previous customer pre-orders first, or how do you plan on doing that?

__________
LG OLED65E6P * Marantz AVR SR6010 (Sur. x4/FHL/FHR) * Adcom GFA7000 Amp (FL/C/FR) * Polk RTiA7 (FL/FR) * Polk CSiA5 (C) * Polk FXiA6 (Sur. x4) * Polk RTiA3 (FHL/FHR) * SVS PB-1000 (SW) * URC MX-5000 Remote *
UPDATED: 04/05/2013 - My Colormunki/HCFR calibrated settings for 65" ES8000
Jestered is offline  
post #856 of 1778 Old 08-05-2017, 04:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,509
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2659 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
@cavchameleon If you looked back, you will see he already addressed this.
@Jestered I'm fairly certain it's first come, first serve. Customers are already getting a discount, and if he was going the route you described, then he would have likely made preorders for customers only first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mascior likes this.
skschatzman is offline  
post #857 of 1778 Old 08-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
AmigoHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I now have the test patterns from R. Masciola. There are P3 in BT2020 Patterns. I guess I need these to calibrate for UHD blu-ray, right?
On more question: Those patterns are in 50% amplitute and 100% saturation.
How do I tell HCFR that these patterns are not 100%/100%?
And as profile in HCFR I need to use BT2020/P3 I guess? BT2020 with P3 primaries?
How to setup HCFR so it knows patterns are 50% amp and 100% sat?
AmigoHD is offline  
post #858 of 1778 Old 08-05-2017, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
A/V Addicted Member
 
mascior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by welldun View Post
Sorry if it's been discussed in the past, but now that the disc is finalized, is there a difference between the digital file and the disc (other than the obvious disc that it comes on vs a simple download)?
Hi Welldun,

Other than a few added patterns, the content itself is identical. However, the added value of a fully authored disc based version would be the UltraHD Blu-ray spec and compliance via HDMI vs USB. The disc based version would also be relatively consistent across multiple platforms, whereas USB is hit or miss, manufacture to manufacture. Also, the added benefits of a menu structure, pop-up menus, navigation, and the ability to keep your display device in HDR mode the entire time the disc is playing (this is a huge benefit for some, especially my projector customers). I hope this answers your question. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
galonzo and welldun like this.
mascior is offline  
post #859 of 1778 Old 08-05-2017, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
A/V Addicted Member
 
mascior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post
Just ordered mine from the email as I had already purchased the download pack. Are you shipping previous customer pre-orders first, or how do you plan on doing that?
Hi Jestered,

Orders will be fulfilled in the same order that they were received. I will have decent product stock on this first batch of discs and should have no issues fulfilling orders. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
mascior is offline  
post #860 of 1778 Old 08-05-2017, 02:53 PM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 24,358
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4541 Post(s)
Liked: 4374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascior View Post
Hi Welldun,

Other than a few added patterns, the content itself is identical. However, the added value of a fully authored disc based version would be the UltraHD Blu-ray spec and compliance via HDMI vs USB. The disc based version would also be relatively consistent across multiple platforms, whereas USB is hit or miss, manufacture to manufacture. Also, the added benefits of a menu structure, pop-up menus, navigation, and the ability to keep your display device in HDR mode the entire time the disc is playing (this is a huge benefit for some, especially my projector customers). I hope this answers your question. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
Let me add the big benefit of staying in HDR mode throughout your testing session. When using the individual files the display will switch in and out of HDR with every file, or even when repeating a file. This can confuse the display and certainly confuses me.

-Bill
galonzo, welldun, mascior and 1 others like this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
wmcclain is offline  
post #861 of 1778 Old 08-05-2017, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
A/V Addicted Member
 
mascior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoHD View Post
I now have the test patterns from R. Masciola. There are P3 in BT2020 Patterns. I guess I need these to calibrate for UHD blu-ray, right?
On more question: Those patterns are in 50% amplitute and 100% saturation.
How do I tell HCFR that these patterns are not 100%/100%?
And as profile in HCFR I need to use BT2020/P3 I guess? BT2020 with P3 primaries?
How to setup HCFR so it knows patterns are 50% amp and 100% sat?
Hi AmigoHD,

I would actually recommend selecting the "UHDTV-Rec2020" vs "UHDTV-Rec2020/P3" and select "SMPTE 2084 HDR" within gamma calculation section. Once you click apply, the mode preset automatically defaults to 50% stimulus. From here, you can follow the HCFR workflow within the file folder. Also, there is a wealth of knowledge if you search within the "HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software" thread. I hope this helps. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
Jestered likes this.
mascior is offline  
post #862 of 1778 Old 08-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Senior Member
 
AmigoHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascior View Post
Hi AmigoHD,

I would actually recommend selecting the "UHDTV-Rec2020" vs "UHDTV-Rec2020/P3" and select "SMPTE 2084 HDR" within gamma calculation section. Once you click apply, the mode preset automatically defaults to 50% stimulus. From here, you can follow the HCFR workflow within the file folder. Also, there is a wealth of knowledge if you search within the "HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software" thread. I hope this helps. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
Hi Ryan

My projector isn't capable of HDR, so I only wish to calibrate the colors with SDR gamma as I am doing HDR to SDR conversion.
Any idea how I have to setup HCFR to tell it the patterns are only 50% amplitude? Or does the mode preset with the UHDTV-REC2020 defaults to 50% stimulus, too, without selecting the 2084 HDR gamma?
AmigoHD is offline  
post #863 of 1778 Old 08-08-2017, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoHD View Post
Hi Ryan

My projector isn't capable of HDR, so I only wish to calibrate the colors with SDR gamma as I am doing HDR to SDR conversion.
Any idea how I have to setup HCFR to tell it the patterns are only 50% amplitude? Or does the mode preset with the UHDTV-REC2020 defaults to 50% stimulus, too, without selecting the 2084 HDR gamma?
If your projector isn't HDR capable, even though it may be a 4K projector, it's still SDR Rec709 and would need to be calibrated that way. You gain nothing out of using the HDR test patterns because your projector will only display SDR and the Rec709 colorspace.
nathan_h likes this.

__________
LG OLED65E6P * Marantz AVR SR6010 (Sur. x4/FHL/FHR) * Adcom GFA7000 Amp (FL/C/FR) * Polk RTiA7 (FL/FR) * Polk CSiA5 (C) * Polk FXiA6 (Sur. x4) * Polk RTiA3 (FHL/FHR) * SVS PB-1000 (SW) * URC MX-5000 Remote *
UPDATED: 04/05/2013 - My Colormunki/HCFR calibrated settings for 65" ES8000
Jestered is offline  
post #864 of 1778 Old 08-08-2017, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
AmigoHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post
I You gain nothing out of using the HDR test patterns because your projector will only display SDR and the Rec709 colorspace.
My projector does not do HDR, right. But The Epson LS10k reaches 103% of DCI and almost 75% of BT2020. The Oppo does output SDR & Rec2020 at the same time.
That's why I am talking about the color patterns, not greyscale/HDR patterns. Ryans color patterns are in 50% amplitude and 100% saturation. And I don't know how to tell HCFR that the color patterns are mastered with those amplitude numbers. HCFR is way off when I try color calibration with them. I guess it's waiting for 100%/100% color patterns.
AmigoHD is offline  
post #865 of 1778 Old 08-08-2017, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,509
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2659 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
@AmigoHD afaik you can manually set the amplitude within HCFR. Also check out Ted's Lightspace CMS calibration disc. It has a wide range of patterns for all kinds of scenarios. Including multiple amplitude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #866 of 1778 Old 08-08-2017, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoHD View Post
The Epson LS10k reaches 103% of DCI and almost 75% of BT2020. The Oppo does output SDR & Rec2020 at the same time.
I didn't realize the Oppo would force BT.2020 to the LS10K. Obviously there are players out there that will strip away HDR and send on the WCG to the tv. Typically they will only do this if the TV/projector are HDR capable though. If not, they usually only send Rec709. From what you're saying it sounds like it's being forced and I'm guessing works well. Good luck on your calibration.

__________
LG OLED65E6P * Marantz AVR SR6010 (Sur. x4/FHL/FHR) * Adcom GFA7000 Amp (FL/C/FR) * Polk RTiA7 (FL/FR) * Polk CSiA5 (C) * Polk FXiA6 (Sur. x4) * Polk RTiA3 (FHL/FHR) * SVS PB-1000 (SW) * URC MX-5000 Remote *
UPDATED: 04/05/2013 - My Colormunki/HCFR calibrated settings for 65" ES8000
Jestered is offline  
post #867 of 1778 Old 08-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Senior Member
 
AmigoHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
@AmigoHD afaik you can manually set the amplitude within HCFR. Also check out Ted's Lightspace CMS calibration disc. It has a wide range of patterns for all kinds of scenarios. Including multiple amplitude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you. That's exactly what I like to know how to do it in HCFR as I didn't find any answer in the HCFR thread or in any other forum. I am new to HCFR and need to find out how to set it up properly.
Will try again in the HCFR thread. Thx anyway for your help.
AmigoHD is offline  
post #868 of 1778 Old 08-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
AmigoHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I see there are 50% Amplitude/50% Saturation Color windows patterns included. Does this mean I could use these to match to the 50% saturation point in the triangle with 50% luminance?
i.e a 50% Amplitude/50% Saturation pattern in green is "50% of the color green" in the BT.2020 gamut, so halfwy to the end in the triangle?
AmigoHD is offline  
post #869 of 1778 Old 08-13-2017, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 66
What is the best way to use these HDR patterns?

I am using Calman 5 w/ i1pro+i1dp3 (2000nit version). I will be calibrating my C7P, X800E, and KS8000
rotarydude is offline  
post #870 of 1778 Old 08-14-2017, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,509
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2659 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydude View Post
What is the best way to use these HDR patterns?

I am using Calman 5 w/ i1pro+i1dp3 (2000nit version). I will be calibrating my C7P, X800E, and KS8000
Via USB directly on the display. I'm sure there are other ways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off