AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Display Calibration (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/)
-   -   R.Masciola's HDR-10 UHD Test Patterns (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/2463698-r-masciolas-hdr-10-uhd-test-patterns.html)

mascior 05-24-2016 05:14 PM

R.Masciola's HDR-10 UHD Test Patterns
 
https://www.diversifiedvideosolution...HDR10_Logo.png


I would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone here on AVS forum for your continued support regarding my first project “R.Masciola’s Advanced Calibration Disc” and glad to see that it has been a useful tool for many. Now, to take things to the next level, I would like to introduce my second project “R.Masciola’s HDR-10 UHD Test Patterns Suite”. Starting off as an idea over six months ago has finally come to light. Months of research went into these patterns as they were built from the ground up to adhere to the newest of industry standards, specifically, UHD, HDR10, WCG, and ST.2084. I would also like to thank Ron E.(dr1394), Tom Huffman(ChromaPure), Tyler Pruitt(SpectraCal), and zoyd(hcfr) for their help and support towards this project. I designed an entire suite of pattern files, “Basic Setup”, "Advanced Setup”, and “Miscellaneous Patterns”. I have also added the new HDR10 workflows form Calman, ChromaPure, and hcfr. Currently these patterns are only available to check/measure your HDR-10 enabled displays as most manufactures gray out your calibration adjustments when HDR is enabled. These patterns have been tested on a few Samsung, Sony, and LG HDR-10 enabled displays but may work on other displays that properly adhere to the HDR-10 industry standard. The pattern suite is available for download “HERE”. The pattern files are available in .ts (MPEG transport stream) and mp4 format utilizing HEVC and are encoded separately for user flexibility. I have tested every pattern after encoding, decoded once completed and referenced before/after triplets to provide reference patterns. I have listed the MediaInfo specifications below and have provided a link which includes a demo of my 11 step grayscale patterns in both ts and mp4 formats.

Free Demo Download

Video
ID : 256 (0x100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main [email protected]@Main
Codec ID : 36
Duration : 1mn 2s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Standard : Component
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.003
Stream size : 4.45 MiB (95%)
Writing library : x265 2.4+14-bc0e9bd7c08f5ddc:[Windows][GCC 6.3.0][64 bit] 10bit: KG7x [x265.ru]
Encoding settings : cpuid=1173503 / frame-threads=3 / numa-pools=8 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=3840x2160 / interlace=0 / total-frames=1440 / level-idc=51 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=1 / ref=4 / no-allow-non-conformance / repeat-headers / annexb / aud / hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / no-open-gop / min-keyint=1 / keyint=24 / bframes=4 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=25 / lookahead-slices=4 / scenecut=40 / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=3 / limit-modes / me=3 / subme=3 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=0:0 / sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=1.00 / no-rd-refine / analysis-mode=0 / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=abr / bitrate=50000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / vbv-maxrate=70000 / vbv-bufsize=50000 / vbv-init=0.9 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=1 / aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=0 / range=0 / colorprim=9 / transfer=16 / colormatrix=9 / chromaloc=1 / chromaloc-top=2 / chromaloc-bottom=2 / display-window=0 / master-display=G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP (15635,16450)L(10000000,5) / max-cll=1000,400 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / opt-qp-pps / opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / hdr / no-hdr-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / refine-level=5 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : SMPTE ST 2084
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0005 cd/m2, max: 1000.0000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 400 cd/m2

Audio
ID : 257 (0x101)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : LC
Muxing mode : ADTS
Codec ID : 15
Duration : 1mn 2s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate : 46.875 fps (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy

WiFi-Spy 05-24-2016 06:02 PM

5% window patterns may be too small for some LCD displays. You may want to make some 10% size since that is what the UHDA uses for testing. I have found through extensive measurements of both LCD and OLED that 10% is the best for both technologies.

mascior 05-24-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy (Post 44270946)
5% window patterns may be too small for some LCD displays. You may want to make some 10% size since that is what the UHDA uses for testing. I have found through extensive measurements of both LCD and OLED that 10% is the best for both technologies.

I initially started with 10% windows, but decided on 5% in the end. Plus, I am offering an array of APL patterns as well. Would you venture to say 10% is all that is needed based on your testing or just a good average patch size for both technologies?

Ryan

EvLee 05-24-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mascior (Post 44271394)
I initially started with 10% windows, but decided on 5% in the end. Plus, I am offering an array of APL patterns as well. Would you venture to say 10% is all that is needed based on your testing or just a good average patch size for both technologies?

Ryan

To really understand a display's APL behavior you'll want to measure peak luminance as a function of APL and window area. If you plot that table in a graph you'll see that the tv's can have rather different sweet spots. As WiFi-Spy said, 5% is too small in some cases. However, for certification the displays can be tested at window sizes other than 10% so you should have patterns that allow you to check at even larger windows than that.

mascior 05-24-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvLee (Post 44274178)
To really understand a display's APL behavior you'll want to measure peak luminance as a function of APL and window area. If you plot that table in a graph you'll see that the tv's can have rather different sweet spots. As WiFi-Spy said, 5% is too small in some cases. However, for certification the displays can be tested at window sizes other than 10% so you should have patterns that allow you to check at even larger windows than that.

Absolutely, I agree 100%. That's why a test pattern generator would be ideal, you can test a multitude of different patch sizes to see what works best with a particular display. Unfortunately, that would require an extreme amount time to create all available sizes that a pattern generator could offer. I would like to offer an average size solution of a couple different sizes. Possibly, 5%, 10%, and maybe 15% window sizes.

Ryan

gadgtfreek 05-25-2016 05:06 AM

Subbing. Want to buy once it is ready.

carneb 05-27-2016 08:49 PM

Just tried the demo on my Samsung JS8000 and found the set tracking the brightness targets well. The only thing I've noticed is on the 100% window I get between 532-538 nits, but using the Spectracal demo 100% window they released a while back I'm getting 550 nits. I guess this is because of the different window size?

Another thing I noticed is when playing the files from a portable HDD through the TV usb directly I got different results than with the HDD connected to my K8500 UHD BD player. The results via the UHD BD player were much closer to the brightness targets.

mascior 05-29-2016 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carneb (Post 44347841)
Just tried the demo on my Samsung JS8000 and found the set tracking the brightness targets well. The only thing I've noticed is on the 100% window I get between 532-538 nits, but using the Spectracal demo 100% window they released a while back I'm getting 550 nits. I guess this is because of the different window size?

Hi carneb,

Yes, my demo patterns are slightly larger compared to the Spectracal test pattern released a while back. This leads to a slightly lower peak brightness on your display. However, once the project is completed, I will have a multitude of different size test windows for comparison.

Ryan

mascior 05-29-2016 06:51 AM

Progress update


Completed and tested 250+ patterns

Basic Setup Patterns
  • Meter Placement
  • Meter Profile
  • Black Clipping
  • White Clipping
  • Color Bars
  • Color Clipping
  • Sharpness & Overscan
Advanced Setup Patterns

5% Window Patterns
  • 11 Step Grayscale
  • 21 Step Grayscale
  • 10 Step Gamma
  • 20 Step Gamma
  • 100%/100% Color
  • 75%/100% Color
  • 75%/75% Color
  • 100% Saturation Sweep
  • 75% Saturation Sweep
  • 40 Point Color Checker
  • Near White
  • Near Black
  • Contrast
10% Window Patterns (Currently in progress)
  • 11 Step Grayscale
  • 21 Step Grayscale
  • 10 Step Gamma
  • 20 Step Gamma
Miscellaneous Patterns
  • Contrast Ratio
  • ANSI Contrast
  • Dynamic Contrast
  • Grayscale Ramps
  • Color Ramps
  • Color Decoding
  • Color Flashing Primary
Once the 10% pattern suite is completed, I will add the following to the "Miscellaneous Patterns" section:

Grayscale Sweeps
  • 2% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 15% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 20% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 25% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 30% window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 35% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 40% Window 11 Step Grayscale
Ryan

carneb 05-29-2016 08:04 PM

Will you be adding any P3 (in 2020 container) colour windows? It would be interesting to check P3 tracking.

mascior 05-30-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carneb (Post 44380937)
Will you be adding any P3 (in 2020 container) colour windows? It would be interesting to check P3 tracking.

The current patterns that I'm creating can be utilized to track P3 on your UHD display. BT.2020 being the color space/gamut and P3 a targeting gamut within that color space. Set your calibration software configuration to track P3 when utilizing my patterns and the rest is on your display to properly map it to the best of its ability.

Ryan

zoyd 05-30-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mascior (Post 44394617)
The current patterns that I'm creating can be utilized to track P3 on your UHD display. BT.2020 being the color space/gamut and P3 a targeting gamut within that color space. Set your calibration software configuration to track P3 when utilizing my patterns and the rest is on your display to properly map it to the best of its ability.

Ryan

What he is looking for are the BT.2020 triplets that correspond to P3 XYZ locations. Somewhat analogous to 75% saturation patterns used in Rec. 709.

mascior 05-30-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoyd (Post 44395001)
What he is looking for are the BT.2020 triplets that correspond to P3 XYZ locations. Somewhat analogous to 75% saturation patterns used in Rec. 709.

Got it. Thanks zoyd. I will most likely have an open forum at the end of my project for any suggestions and/or additions that other members may feel a necessary add on.

Ryan

carneb 05-30-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoyd (Post 44395001)
What he is looking for are the BT.2020 triplets that correspond to P3 XYZ locations. Somewhat analogous to 75% saturation patterns used in Rec. 709.

Thats what I meant. Thanks Zoyd

mascior 06-02-2016 09:14 AM

Progress update 2


10% Window Patterns (Completed!)
  • 11 Step Grayscale
  • 21 Step Grayscale
  • 10 Step Gamma
  • 20 Step Gamma
  • 100%/100% Color
  • 75%/100% Color
  • 75%/75% Color
  • 100% Saturation Sweep
  • 75% Saturation Sweep
  • 40 Point Color Checker
  • Near White
  • Near Black
  • Contrast
Miscellaneous Patterns

Added

Grayscale Sweeps (In Progress)
  • 2% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 15% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 20% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 25% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 30% window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 35% Window 11 Step Grayscale
  • 40% Window 11 Step Grayscale
With the project near completion...Any requests? :)

Ryan

Chad B 06-02-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mascior (Post 44454921)

With the project near completion...Any requests? :)

Ryan

Looking good... Since I have a QD 780 which can generate HDR patterns, the window sizes, etc don't matter as much to me; but I am still very interested in your project.
Any way to add some real images and a motion resolution pattern for evaluation? Skin tones, sky, foliage, in both bright and dark lighting would be helpful.

mascior 06-02-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad B (Post 44457489)
Looking good... Since I have a QD 780 which can generate HDR patterns, the window sizes, etc don't matter as much to me; but I am still very interested in your project.
Any way to add some real images and a motion resolution pattern for evaluation? Skin tones, sky, foliage, in both bright and dark lighting would be helpful.

Great idea. Thanks Chad. I will look into this!

Ryan

carneb 06-02-2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mascior (Post 44454921)
With the project near completion...Any requests? :)

Ryan

Can we have some 11 step greyscale windows with different metadata for max mastering display luminance (1000, 4000, 10000nits) to see how the TV handles it? I think just the one window size would be OK.

Also can we have some colour windows with 50% luminance? My TV, and probably many others can't reach 75% (1000 nits) so 50% would be nice.

mascior 06-03-2016 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carneb (Post 44470705)
Can we have some 11 step greyscale windows with different metadata for max mastering display luminance (1000, 4000, 10000nits) to see how the TV handles it? I think just the one window size would be OK.

Also can we have some colour windows with 50% luminance? My TV, and probably many others can't reach 75% (1000 nits) so 50% would be nice.

Absolutely! I like the idea of different nit levels, I will most likely provide those in 10% window patches.

Ryan

mascior 06-05-2016 03:52 PM

Just a quick update. I had to make a few configuration changes to my 265 stream over the weekend. I had ran into a few compatibility conflicts during testing between manufactures. With that being said, this is only a small technical set back…but in return, will have better compatibility across more HDR enabled displays and manufactures. I have also decided to go with mpeg ts (Transport Stream) over mp4 container for wider coverage of compatibility. I updated the free demo link as well to reflect the changes made, reconfigured 265 and an added mute/blank aac track, both elementary streams muxed into a ts container. This combination resulted in flawless playback on the following (but not limited to) models:
-
  • LG 65E6 (2016 OLED)
  • LG EF9500 (2015 OLED)
  • LG UH9500 (2016 LED/LCD)
  • Samsung JS9500 (2015 LED/LCD)
  • Samsung 65KS9000 (2016 LED/LCD)
  • Samsung UBD-K8500 (Bluray player)
  • Sony 65X930 (2016 LED/LCD)
I have also updated the first post to reflect the Media Info data. Also, thanks to a few recommendation, I have decided to add the following:
-
  • Demo footage for Landscape and Skin Tones
  • 5% & 10% Window patterns @ 50% Amplitude/100% Saturation Color sweeps
  • 11 step grayscale sweeps @ 2%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, and 40%
  • 11 step grayscale sweep 10% Window patterns @ 1000 nits, 4000 nits, and 10,000 nits

Thank you for the continued support!

Ryan

carneb 06-05-2016 10:46 PM

I have a question about the metadata listed in the first post. You have the mastering display primaries listed as P3 primaries. What happens if you have a fully saturated 2020 colour window (say 940,64,64) with this metadata? Will the TV try to show it as a 2020 primary (940,64,64)? Will it try to show it as a P3 primary (P3 XYZ convered to 2020 RGB), or something else? Have you tested this?

mascior 06-06-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carneb (Post 44533553)
I have a question about the metadata listed in the first post. You have the mastering display primaries listed as P3 primaries. What happens if you have a fully saturated 2020 colour window (say 940,64,64) with this metadata? Will the TV try to show it as a 2020 primary (940,64,64)? Will it try to show it as a P3 primary (P3 XYZ convered to 2020 RGB), or something else? Have you tested this?

I have not tested with full bt.2020 primaries. However, I could make a 10% window color sweep WRGBYCM for testing. I would assume this tests how accurate your displays internal color mapping is compared to being fed P3 metadata...which is extremely easier for these consumer grade displays to target in comparison.

Ryan

WiFi-Spy 06-06-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carneb (Post 44533553)
I have a question about the metadata listed in the first post. You have the mastering display primaries listed as P3 primaries. What happens if you have a fully saturated 2020 colour window (say 940,64,64) with this metadata? Will the TV try to show it as a 2020 primary (940,64,64)? Will it try to show it as a P3 primary (P3 XYZ convered to 2020 RGB), or something else? Have you tested this?



Every HDR10 TV manufacturer has their own "black box" remapping system since there is no current standard for it.

carneb 06-06-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mascior (Post 44553937)
I have not tested with full bt.2020 primaries. However, I could make a 10% window color sweep WRGBYCM for testing. I would assume this tests how accurate your displays internal color mapping is compared to being fed P3 metadata...which is extremely easier for these consumer grade displays to target in comparison.

Ryan

So your colour test patterns are using P3 primaries. Now that I re-read your earlier post (post 11) you have already said that but I misunderstood what you were saying. I just assumed that all the colour tests would be based on 2020 primaries, as most of the posts I've read on calibrating HDR/2020 have said that we should calibrate to 2020 targets.

It would be interesting to calibrate against P3 targets then check how the TV tracks the 2020 targets, or conversely, calibrate against 2020 and then check P3.

mascior 06-13-2016 12:20 PM

Progress Update 3

REV_001 Structured layout (This is the final finished layout for REV_001)

Completed and tested* 612 patterns (*65% completed with testing)

Basic Setup Patterns
-
  • Title
  • Meter Placement
  • Meter Profile (5% Window Patterns Red, Green, & Blue / 10% Window Patterns Red, Green, & Blue)
  • Black Clipping
  • White Clipping
  • Color Bars
  • Color Clipping (Color Clipping 1 & Color Clipping 2)
  • Sharpness & Overscan
Advanced Setup Patterns
-
5% Window Patterns
-
  • 11 Step Grayscale
  • 21 Step Grayscale
  • 10 Step Gamma
  • 20 Step Gamma
  • 100% Amplitude/100% Saturation Color
  • 75% Amplitude/100% Saturation Color
  • 50% Amplitude/100% Saturation Color
  • 75% Amplitude/75% Saturation Color
  • 100% Amplitude Color Saturation Sweep
  • 75% Amplitude Color Saturation Sweep
  • 41 Point Color Checker
  • Near White
  • Near Black
  • Contrast
10% Window Patterns
-
  • 11 Step Grayscale
  • 21 Step Grayscale
  • 10 Step Gamma
  • 20 Step Gamma
  • 100% Amplitude/100% Saturation Color
  • 75% Amplitude/100% Saturation Color
  • 50% Amplitude/100% Saturation Color
  • 75% Amplitude/75% Saturation Color
  • 100% Amplitude Color Saturation Sweep
  • 75% Amplitude Color Saturation Sweep
  • 41 Point Color Checker
  • Near White
  • Near Black
  • Contrast
Miscellaneous Setup Patterns
-
  • Contrast Ratio (2%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, & 40%)
  • ANSI Contrast (ANSI Meter Placement & ANSI Contrast)
  • Dynamic Contrast
  • Grayscale Ramps (Grayscale Steps, Grayscale Ramp, & Grayscale Ramp Mix)
  • Color Ramps (Color Steps & Color Ramps)
  • Color Decoding
  • Color Flashing Primary
  • Grayscale Sweeps (2% Window Patterns, 5% Window Patterns, 10% Window Patterns, 15% Window Patterns, 20% Window Patterns, 25% Window Patterns, 30% Window Patterns, 35% Window Patterns, & 40% Window Patterns)
  • Different nit Levels (10% Window Patterns 1,000 nits, 10% Window Patterns 4,000 nits, & 10% Window Patterns 10,000 nits)
  • Resolution Patterns (Resolution Mix Pattern, Resolution Vertical Pattern 1 Pixel, Resolution Vertical Pattern 2 Pixel, Resolution Vertical Pattern 3 Pixel, Resolution Horizontal Pattern 1 Pixel, Resolution Horizontal Pattern 2 Pixel, & Resolution Horizontal Pattern 3 Pixel)
  • Test Footage (Test Footage Landscape, Test Footage Nature, & Test Footage Skin Tone)

WiFi-Spy 06-13-2016 05:36 PM

I would add a 50% stimulus 50% saturation color patterns. This is the CMS page configuration default in the CalMAN HDR10 workflow.

carneb 06-14-2016 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy (Post 44713713)
I would add a 50% stimulus 50% saturation color patterns. This is the CMS page configuration default in the CalMAN HDR10 workflow.

Do you use 2020 or P3 primaries as the target for colour gamut measurement in Calman? A lot of the review websites seem to use Calman and they all seem to expect the tv they are testing to track 2020 not P3, so I assume the default is 2020 primaries?

WiFi-Spy 06-14-2016 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carneb (Post 44719625)
Do you use 2020 or P3 primaries as the target for colour gamut measurement in Calman? A lot of the review websites seem to use Calman and they all seem to expect the tv they are testing to track 2020 not P3, so I assume the default is 2020 primaries?



Yes, BT.2020 primaries for HDR10. P3 is not a home video colorspace standard. I really wish the UHDA would have specified % of 2020 and not P3, because it has caused so much confusion.

EvLee 06-15-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy (Post 44722473)
Yes, BT.2020 primaries for HDR10. P3 is not a home video colorspace standard. I really wish the UHDA would have specified % of 2020 and not P3, because it has caused so much confusion.

The UHD ecosystem expects tv's to cover different portions of 2020. UHDA decided that P3 is the minimum gamut they will master for. That is why they specified a percentage of P3, rather than 2020. The problem you run into if specifying a percentage of 2020 is you could have a display with a relatively high 2020 percentage but heavily weighted towards the 2020 blue, and it could completely miss the P3 reds that are most utilized in movies.

mascior 06-16-2016 05:06 PM

I was able to conduct more testing today on a variety of HDR-10 enabled displays. I think I've finally settled on a metadata string that works across them all. (In the Samsung, Sony, and LG family of displays)
-
  • Color primaries......................................... BT.2020
  • Transfer characteristics..............................SMPTE ST 2084
  • Matrix coefficients...................................... BT.2020 non-constant
  • Mastering display color primaries................R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
  • Mastering display luminance.....................min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000.0000 cd/m2
  • Maximum Content Light Level..................1000 cd/m2
  • Maximum Frame-Average Light Level........400 cd/m2
-
  • Color primaries BT2020 w/p3 mastering display color primaries vs BT2020 w/BT2020 mastering display color primaries...not really much of a difference...at least with the displays I tested
  • Mastering display luminance min 0.0001 cd/m2 vs 0.0000 not really sure if I saw any difference However most masters are @ 0.0001 cd/m2
  • MaxCLL @ any level 1,000, 4,000, or 10,000 in the name of testing
  • MaxFALL any level above 500 cd/m2 or so clipped like crazy and I'm deciding to go with the short term standard of 400 cd/m2
-
Any thoughts? I'm open to any suggestions before for I start the final encoding. Thanks!

Ryan


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.