TV LG 42LE5300 calibration settings? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-14-2016, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TV LG 42LE5300 calibration settings?

Hey all.
I'm trying to calibrate my led tv for my ps3/4, but it seems I have no idea what I'm doing.

Does any body have calibration settings for this tv to ps3 and 4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-14-2016, 10:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salata5 View Post
Hey all.
I'm trying to calibrate my led tv for my ps3/4, but it seems I have no idea what I'm doing.

Does any body have calibration settings for this tv to ps3 and 4?
Welcome to the forum. Comparing settings is done in the 'LCD Flat Panel Display' section of the forum: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...anel-displays/ . Copying settings is not calibration, but that annoying, persistent, but popular myth is based upon erroneous presumptions and misinformation in the video hobbyist community. You would benefit from acquiring and studying one of the better optical disc setup/calibration programs. Here is a link to a free download of an HD program: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...libration.html .

Please read this topical post from the "sticky" threads at the top of the first page in this section of the forum for more details:

'Sharing display menu settings?'
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906

This other link adds more detail:

'Why copying settings from the web won't get you a calibrated TV'
http://forums.hdtvtest.co.uk/index.php?topic=7202.0

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
A Lion AV Consultants affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Last edited by GeorgeAB; 06-15-2016 at 07:42 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post
Welcome to the forum. Comparing settings is done in the 'LCD Flat Panel Display' section of the forum Copying settings is not calibration, but that annoying, persistent, but popular myth is based upon erroneous presumptions and misinformation in the video hobbyist community. You would benefit from acquiring and studying one of the better optical disc setup/calibration programs. Here is a link to a free download of an HD program: AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration .
I'm not trying to copy any tv's settings, I am asking for settings for my exact model of tv, so it should work the same for my tv as well, since it's the same model.

but either way, I couldn't see any link to that HD program you were talking about, there was no link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-15-2016, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salata5 View Post
I'm not trying to copy any tv's settings, I am asking for settings for my exact model of tv, so it should work the same for my tv as well, since it's the same model.

but either way, I couldn't see any link to that HD program you were talking about, there was no link
Link is repaired. Numeric settings from the same make and model can't be assumed to work on your sample unit. Tolerances are not that good in consumer devices. The thread links provided explain this. Just because some folks "like" the way their sets look after using others' settings, doesn't mean their TV is now accurate to video industry standards.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-15-2016, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post
Link is repaired. Numeric settings from the same make and model can't be assumed to work on your sample unit. Tolerances are not that good in consumer devices. The thread links provided explain this. Just because some folks "like" the way their sets look after using others' settings, doesn't mean their TV is now accurate to video industry standards.
I downloaded the program and burnt it to a disc and ready to use.
the thing is, checking the manual link, I don't see any information about the whole RGP subject.
when it comes down to games, it's recommended switching to "game mode" or change the hdmi input to "PC" on your tv, it changes the picture quite a bit, switching off advanced settings which decrease lag input which is important when it comes to games.

I've also heard by several sources that if your tv supports full RGB, it's recommended to switch it to full.

the manual does not talk about all those advanced settings and full RGB or not full rgb, when I switch my tv to game mode, the picture looks much darker than the standard mode, I'm guessing I will run the program on game mode and adjust the brightness, sharpness and everything else from there, but when I switch the hdmi input to "pc" it changes the picture to even different than the "game mode", for example, on "PC" mode, sharpness, colour and tint are all disabled, you cannot adjust them at all, but from what I heard, people are saying just by changing the HDMI input to "pc" the picture looks much better (even though to me it looks darker than standard just like the "game mode")
so if I want to work with the avs program under "pc mode" I wouldn't be able to do it because some options are disabled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page