LightSpace Connect - Android and iOS App - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #91 of 99 Old 01-29-2020, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 1355
Oh, and yes, LightSpace Connect works with Apple TV.

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 03-10-2020, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi,

Can you please tell me whether LightSpace Connect is able to display patches from DCI-P3 color space, which are outside of REC709?

I want to calibrate my TV for HDR10 (Samsung Q60).
I am using Lightspace CMS, I have specified "DCI-P3 D65" as Colour Standard Target.
In Option I have tried to set Patch Scale to 64-940 or 0-1023 but unfortunately I can only set maximum to 0-255, is that OK?
In my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K in Display settings I have specified [email protected], RGB 10 bit, HDR always. This kicked in the HDR mode of my TV.
Then I have launched Lightspace Connect and executed profiling in Lightspace CMS.

Unfortunately it matched only Rec709 gamut. Is it due to patch scale in Lightspace CMS or I am missing something?

Please help me to understand.
Thank you.
post #93 of 99 Old 03-10-2020, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1371 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgijs Samoilenko View Post
Hi,

Can you please tell me whether LightSpace Connect is able to display patches from DCI-P3 color space, which are outside of REC709?

I want to calibrate my TV for HDR10 (Samsung Q60).
I am using Lightspace CMS, I have specified "DCI-P3 D65" as Colour Standard Target.
In Option I have tried to set Patch Scale to 64-940 or 0-1023 but unfortunately I can only set maximum to 0-255, is that OK?
In my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K in Display settings I have specified [email protected], RGB 10 bit, HDR always. This kicked in the HDR mode of my TV.
Then I have launched Lightspace Connect and executed profiling in Lightspace CMS.

Unfortunately it matched only Rec709 gamut. Is it due to patch scale in Lightspace CMS or I am missing something?

Please help me to understand.
Thank you.
You need another component such as an HDFury box to inject the correct metadata into the signal. Just setting your FireStick to "HDR Always" doesn't do that. Although the TV goes into HDR mode, the patterns are not correct for HDR. And you should be specifying Rec 2020.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 99 Old Today, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I own the Amazona FireTV 4k. lightspace free version , I1displaypro , jvc 7900 projector ,

i plan to connect the firetv4k to the bluray palyer cxuhd (cambridge audio) to the storm isp intergrated AV to the jvc projector is this acceptable.

FireTV 4k has RGB and YCbCr selectable output.

with respect to the above for the jvc to be calibrated to color space dci p3 ( can the ligtspace connect app on firetv4k generate the patterns for dci p3 ?) and if so following are the queries in relation to this ;

1) what's the correct patch scale setting in Lightspace when using Lightspace Connect on the Amazon FireTV4

2) what color format to be selected between auto , RGB and YCbCr in the display settings in the Firetv4k

3) what color depth setting in the firetv4k to be selected between 8 , 10 And 12 bits

4)what video resolution in Ftv4k to be selected

thanks

Storm I.ISP 3D.16.12.ELITE , Jvc X7900be , cxuhd bluray player And PSB speakers Dolby Atmos 11.4
post #95 of 99 Old Today, 01:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz View Post
I own the Amazona FireTV 4k. lightspace free version , I1displaypro , jvc 7900 projector ,

i plan to connect the firetv4k to the bluray palyer cxuhd (cambridge audio) to the storm isp intergrated AV to the jvc projector is this acceptable.

with respect to the above for the jvc to be calibrated to color space dci p3 ( can the ligtspace connect app on firetv4k generate the patterns for dci p3 ?) and if so following are the queries in relation to this ;

1) what's the correct patch scale setting in Lightspace when using Lightspace Connect on the Amazon FireTV4

2) what color format to be selected between auto , RGB and YCbCr in the display settings in the Firetv4k

3) what color depth setting in the firetv4k to be selected between 8 , 10 And 12 bits

thanks
The LS Connect app on iOS and TvOS both support P3 patch generation. Credit to @Anger.miki for pointing this out to me a few days ago. I would assume that the Fire TV does too.

I have never used the Fire TV but if you check The Cheap Test Pattern Generator Thread, you may find optimal settings for that device there. The first post contains details for the Fire TV but it was not the 4K version, so you may need to read through a little.

LG OLED65C9MLB**Denon AVR-X3500H**Focal Sib Evo Atmos 5.1.2**Sky Q UHD**Xbox One X**Panasonic DP-UB820**ATV 4K**Harmony Elite
i1D3 OEM**i1D3 Retail**i1 Pro2 OEM**LightSpace HTP**CalMAN Home for LG**RPi Pgenerator**Ted's Disk & Media Files**S & M HD & UHD HDR Benchmark Disks**HD Fury Integral 2
post #96 of 99 Old Today, 02:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz View Post

thanks
Hi,
while I found the Display Gamut choice in iOS/tvOS devices, I wasn't able to do the same for Android based devices (fireTV 4K included). FireTV 4K is bit perfect in YCC output (even if the internal converter doesn't do the RGB/YCC conversion accurately with LS connect. The results are pretty good), so you should use that.

1) 0-255
2) YCbCr
3) 10 or 12
4) 1080/24p or 4K/24p (don't know if the Fire TV Stick 2K change resolution/frame trick also works with FireTV 4K)

You're welcome.
liberator72 likes this.

T.U.C. Master | TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, CM Enthusiast, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: Klein K10-A, Jeti spectraval 1501, X-Rite i1 Display Pro OEM Rev. B-02 | Test Pattern Generator: Riccardo Biasiotto’s PGenerator (RPi)

Last edited by Anger.miki; Today at 02:06 AM.
post #97 of 99 Old Today, 02:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger.miki View Post
Hi,
while I found the Display Gamut choice in iOS/tvOS devices, I wasn't able to do the same for Android based devices (fireTV 4K included). FireTV 4K is bit perfect in YCC output (even if the internal converter doesn't do the RGB/YCC conversion accurately with LS connect. The results are pretty good), so you should use that.

1) 0-255
2) YCbCr
3) 10 or 12
4) 1080/24p or 4K/24p (don't know if the Fire TV Stick 2K change resolution/frame trick also works with FireTV 4K)

You're welcome.
Even though you no longer have the DVDO, you will always be our cheap TPG guru

LG OLED65C9MLB**Denon AVR-X3500H**Focal Sib Evo Atmos 5.1.2**Sky Q UHD**Xbox One X**Panasonic DP-UB820**ATV 4K**Harmony Elite
i1D3 OEM**i1D3 Retail**i1 Pro2 OEM**LightSpace HTP**CalMAN Home for LG**RPi Pgenerator**Ted's Disk & Media Files**S & M HD & UHD HDR Benchmark Disks**HD Fury Integral 2
post #98 of 99 Old Today, 02:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 614
Hehe! That was the last thing I analyzed with now your DVDO
liberator72 likes this.

T.U.C. Master | TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, CM Enthusiast, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: Klein K10-A, Jeti spectraval 1501, X-Rite i1 Display Pro OEM Rev. B-02 | Test Pattern Generator: Riccardo Biasiotto’s PGenerator (RPi)
post #99 of 99 Old Today, 03:59 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
thank you Anger.miki and liberator72 for the super quick replies , will give it a go

Thanks again

Storm I.ISP 3D.16.12.ELITE , Jvc X7900be , cxuhd bluray player And PSB speakers Dolby Atmos 11.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page