Sony XBR 930D - Calibration Questions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-25-2017, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sony XBR 930D - Calibration Questions

I'm preparing to buy a Sony XBR 930D. This screen is just intended to last a few years to bridge to future technology and it's about $1,500, plus tax, so I don't feel like it makes sense to invest in pro calibration for this set.

I read a user review, where a guy mentioned using the CNET calibration settings. I'm wondering whether the production tolerances of these screens is tight enough that this is a good idea. Also, I'm fairly adept at learning technical tasks, but wasn't sure how to read these settings (I haven't seen many service menus). Any suggestions you have are appreciated.

scribd.com/doc/314629430/Sony-XBR-65X930D-CNET-review-calibration-report

Last edited by forkenbrock; 01-27-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-28-2017, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Set the picture mode to Custom, Contrast to Max, Gamma to -2, Color to Expert1 and drop the blue gain to -5 or -6.

That should close to Gamma 2.4 and D65 based on the 3 Sony sets I've played with this year.

Alternatively set the picture mode to Custom, Contrast to Max, Gamma to -1 and Color to Expert1. That should be around 6900K (D69) and a Gamma of 2.3. Sony seems to be quite good with factory calibrations (even though they are slightly too blue).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page