Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-02-2017, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 171
CMS controls broken

Hi,

The CMS luminance control on my LG plasma doesn't do anything - saturation and tint both work but luminance does nothing. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Ricky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-02-2017, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked: 1282
Lumagen. Or EEColor box. Or another LUT box. That's about it.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 5 Old 02-02-2017, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

Figured. I've tried over and over with displaycal, colours look great but have never got a satisfactory gamma result. Don't understand it, I can use the same window size and apl with hcfr and get a great looking greyscale and gamma, and theoretically I should get the same gamma result with displaycal, but I never do.

So I guess I'm out of luck, and a manual greyscale/gamma with hcfr is the best I can do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-14-2017, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Hi, there many options out in the market, here is the complete 3D LUT device (specs/features) comparison list:

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #5 of 5 Old 02-14-2017, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Figured. I've tried over and over with displaycal, colours look great but have never got a satisfactory gamma result. Don't understand it, I can use the same window size and apl with hcfr and get a great looking greyscale and gamma, and theoretically I should get the same gamma result with displaycal, but I never do.

So I guess I'm out of luck, and a manual greyscale/gamma with hcfr is the best I can do.
Hi, I always getting superior post-calibration results using eeColor 3D LUT Box with LightSpace CMS software to my Pioneer KURO LX-6090H.

I have used LightSpace Software for 3D LUT correction generation using 21-Point Cube size (9.261 color point measurements) with and CalMAN at the end only for verification, not because LightSpace don't have verification reports, but I wanted to crosscheck the final results with other software solution also.

With Drift Compensation feature enabled and with 20 value for example, LightSpace takes a one White measurement per 20 patches and at the end it's including to the correction 3D LUT any display 'drifting over the time' issues, Plasma's/OLED's/Projectors are not stable devices over the time and this helps a lot to the final 3D LUT correction table generation.

Anisometric sequences are better suited to displays that have any form of ABL, such as Plasmas and many OLEDs, where Sequential patch ordering can cause display overheating (overheating can actually be an issue on any display that has high peak luminance outputs, as it can cause the display to drift. Anisometric patch sequence is using an algorithm to display the patches with one dark/one bright patch order in simple words.

So LightSpace's engine received the data from all measured colorpoints and exported a 65-Point cube correction table for eeColor 3D LUT Box.

From that display characterization measurement data, I have generate 6 different 3D LUT correction tables with different gamma's (2.2 / 2.25 / 2.30 / 2.35 / 2.4 / BT.1886) for REC.709...each 3D LUT correction table with different gamma setting took about 2-3 seconds to be generated with LightSpace.

Below are some post-veficiation results using LightSpace for 3D LUT correction generation and CalMAN only for verification report.

21-Point Grayscale:

Color Checker SG:

Color Checker SG Fleshtones:

BTW I have scalled the Luminance error chart from +-50 default range to +-10, to show how small are the errors and how good job LightSpace is doing using it's Anisometric Patch sequence and Drift Compensation feature enabled.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page