LG 2017 OLED Calibration Thread and Settings - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3366Likes

post #3271 of 3274 Old 02-09-2020, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 721
LG 2017 OLED Calibration Thread and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by suarsg View Post
Do you mind if I post what your calibrator told you after you sent him the link to my post with the issues and measurements? It will immediately discredit him for either a) not actually looking at what was being written/shown and just telling you what you wanna hear to protect his business or b) not understanding as much about HDR10 as he, a highly respected professional calibrator, actually should.

If you want to be a snake like that. Never mind that this person routinely collaborates with, and shares data with, some of the most well known professional calibrators in North America. The only reason I haven’t shared it openly on the forum is because I didn’t think it was fair to embarrass you like that.

LG OLED65C7P - Professionally Calibrated l Apple TV 4K l Microsoft Xbox One S l Sony STR-ZA1100ES l Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel l Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floorstanding L/R l Polk Audio Monitor 45B Rear Surround l Dual BIC V1220 Subwoofers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 3274 Old 02-09-2020, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Master View Post
If you want to be a snake like that.
Uh, that's why I was asking for permission first?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Master View Post
Never mind that this person routinely collaborates with, and shares data with, some of the most well known professional calibrators in North America.
I don't even know who he is, I only know him by highly respected professional calibrator. I have no stake in this or this business.

Quote:
The only reason I haven’t shared it openly on the forum is because I didn’t think it was fair to embarrass you like that.
His response to your mail made it pretty clear he didn't look at the post or tried to understand what we were talking about. What he wrote didn't even fit what was discussed or criticized. Not sure how that would embarrass me. Feel free to post his exact words and my response to it.
post #3273 of 3274 Old 02-09-2020, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Well, that escalated fast unnecessarily!

HDR and Dolby Vision have always been at the very least partially borked on the 2017 LG OLED's, and that's an undeniable fact. Some partial fixes have been made along the way, but who knows what compromises were made to make those fixes. There really is no need for this hostility though. If it is something someone isn't noticing for themself, then it really isn't anything to get worked up about.
lax01 and suarsg like this.

LG OLED65C9MLB**Denon AVR-X3500H**Focal Sib Evo Atmos 5.1.2**Sky Q UHD**Xbox One X**Panasonic DP-UB820**ATV 4K**Harmony Elite
i1D3 OEM**i1D3 Retail**i1 Pro2 OEM**LightSpace HTP**CalMAN Home for LG**RPi Pgenerator**Ted's Disk & Media Files**S & M HD & UHD HDR Benchmark Disks**HD Fury Integral 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3274 of 3274 Old 02-10-2020, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 438

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration