BasICColor DISCUS Owners thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #31 of 36 Old 11-27-2019, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2810 Post(s)
Liked: 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Thank you for the comprehensive reply. Not sure if HCFR is still being supported, hope it carries-on as an open-source project. I'm looking into P3 for when I upgrade.

I don't mind investing in paid software and the OEM version of the i1D3 but just wanted to know the current state of HCFR.
You are definitely in the wrong thread then...
Manni01 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 11-27-2019, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
You are definitely in the wrong thread then...
I understand what you mean but at the same time it's nice to get an overall view of all the software utilities, the Discus and the reputable i1D3 probe.
post #33 of 36 Old 11-27-2019, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 5181 Post(s)
Liked: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
I understand what you mean but at the same time it's nice to get an overall view of all the software utilities, the Discus and the reputable i1D3 probe.
Well, the only thing relevant to this thread is that HCFR does not support the Discus because the ArgyllCMS driver doesn't support it. Your other question has been discussed in the HCFR thread.
Manni01 and bobof like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 Old 11-27-2019, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 365 Post(s)
Quoted: 5684 Post(s)
Liked: 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Well, the only thing relevant to this thread is that HCFR does not support the Discus because the ArgyllCMS driver doesn't support it. Your other question has been discussed in the HCFR thread.
Yes, sadly that's also the reason why the other free solution, DisplayCAL, doesn't support the Discus either (and Graeme, the author of Argyll, has made it clear that unless someone sends him a free Discus as a gift, not as a loan, Discus support isn't on his roadmap).

So really the only two software that could / should be discussed in this thread are Lightspace and Calman. And in relation to the Discus specifically, performance is better in Lightspace than in Calman as the speed is significantly faster in Lightspace.
bobof likes this.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
JVC Macro feature on Vertex/Vertex2/Integral2/Maestro

Last edited by Manni01; 11-27-2019 at 09:14 AM.
post #35 of 36 Old 11-30-2019, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Thanks. Just to clarify, manual calibration supports all instruments regardless of license, and 3D LUT calibration supports different sets of instruments, depending on license?
The ZRO license support all colorimeters/spectro's LightSpace is capable to operate. Not external pattern generators. But with ZRO you can use PGenerator (without buying LightSpace Connect).

When its coming to paid license levels, there differences between meters supported, for example HTL don't support Klein/JETI/Colorimetry Research/Photo Research/Discus, but its supporting X-Rite and DataColor.

HTP supports all colorimeters/spectro's.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #36 of 36 Old 11-30-2019, 04:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
So really the only two software that could / should be discussed in this thread are Lightspace and Calman. And in relation to the Discus specifically, performance is better in Lightspace than in Calman as the speed is significantly faster in Lightspace.
For the users who want to see about what kind of differences in speed/repeatibility Manni is talking, here is the link: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...e-problem.html

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
basiccolor , calibration , colorimeter , discus , meter

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page