HDR10 test patterns set - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 150Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 230 Old 03-16-2018, 01:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,744
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
Quote:
Originally Posted by northrob View Post
Oh, really? There is some difference with my B6.
The E6 (EU) I have checked (before6 months) with 50-Point Grayscace runs, it was not affecting anything the PQ tracking, I have checked about 60-80 different metadata, even different min (black) numbers from 1 nits up to 6.5nits, or every combination of MaxCLL and MaxFALL.

The only metadata was affecting the tracking was the 540nits max display, which was changing a bit the RGB balance and PQ so I don't recommend anyone to calibrate using 540nits mastering peak becasue no movie has that metadata, with 1000nits it will be ok to use.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 230 Old 03-17-2018, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
You can change the number of decimals if you bring the Datagrid Properties of the chart you are looking, and change the default ''4'' number. It will require to have enabled the Design Mode (available in Enthusiast or Ultimate license levels), to give you ''Properties'' when you will right click the Datagrid.
That did work out! Thanks a lot Ted!

Regarding metadata our plan is to eventually add additional patterns with several metadata variants (4000/1000, no MaxCLL/MaxFALL, ...?) just in case anyone needs them.
What do you think about different patterns sizes? Should there be more variants than only 10% windows, e.g. 5%, 8%?
mrtickleuk likes this.
M-V is offline  
post #33 of 230 Old 03-17-2018, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,381
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked: 6594
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-V View Post
Here you go: download link (Calman CMS patterns)
Be aware that it's not a final version, just a quick build of CMS.
Added 3 combined versions: 10sec, 15sec and 20 sec. Also added a text label (10% gray) to a black pattern so it should be clear now that the screen is black on purpose.



Great, thanks, good to know that xyY targets didn't change since 2016. Wonder if 2018 version allows to copy xyY with more than 4 decimal places.
You're welcome, and thanks for the early patterns

I'm a bit confused though. Earlier you wrote "Calman version I do have (2016) uses significantly different xyY target for BT.2020 Red 50% Sat 50% Lum = 0,5082 0,3107 40,8259 (RGB 8 bit PC = 128 93 93)". Those are different numbers to the Red I posted, so does that mean you would like me to try again with design mode to more than 4 decimal places? Or have you now got matching values? Let me know if I need to do anything

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 230 Old 03-17-2018, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
@mrtickleuk
My earlier comment was regarding HCFR patterns and what I basically meant - you can't use them with Calman.

Archive I've posted later (-> Calman CMS ) is for Calman specifically and targets are exactly the same as you've posted. Also there is a text label below pattern (disappears after 10 seconds) and you can see if RGB triplet matches Calman expectation, see screenshoot in attach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calman-Red-BT2020-50%Sat-50%Lum-screenshoot.png
Views:	82
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	2376426  
Rolls-Royce and mrtickleuk like this.
M-V is offline  
post #35 of 230 Old 03-17-2018, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,381
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked: 6594
I see. Those were HCFR numbers, and you wanted to check if Calman 2018 is still the same as Calman 2016 which you have? Cool.
Rolls-Royce likes this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #36 of 230 Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
jwhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Thank you for these patterns. It's especially nice that you included the Rec.709 in Rec.2020 patterns as I don't believe those exist anywhere else (as manual patterns).

One request - could you add Rec.709 in Rec.2020 patterns to the color saturation sweeps?
Jish9 likes this.
jwhn is offline  
post #37 of 230 Old 03-19-2018, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
I see. Those were HCFR numbers, and you wanted to check if Calman 2018 is still the same as Calman 2016 which you have? Cool.
Yes, exactly. I'll start considering upgrading to Calman 2018 if/when I'll get a brand new shiny 2018 LG OLED with Calman HDR Autocal, SDR 3DLUT and all the bells and whistles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhn View Post
Thank you for these patterns. It's especially nice that you included the Rec.709 in Rec.2020 patterns as I don't believe those exist anywhere else (as manual patterns).

One request - could you add Rec.709 in Rec.2020 patterns to the color saturation sweeps?
Sure. Give us some time, I'll include it in next patterns build along with several combined versions with different timings.

Also we're continuing our work on Calman patterns (no exact time frame yet but I hope soon) and - hold your breath - patterns with voice tips Actually we do have a 'prototype' but voice quality is not quite good enough for now.
WiFi-Spy, jwhn and mrtickleuk like this.
M-V is offline  
post #38 of 230 Old 04-12-2018, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Updated and extended version of HDR-10 Calibration Patterns (HCFR)

Donwload link: HDR10 calibration patterns

Current version includes patterns for HCFR 3.5.1.4 HDR-10 calibration workflow:
- grayscale: 5%, 10%, LG OLED 2016 and 2017 steps
- primaries and secondaries: Rec2020, P3 in Rec2020, Rec709 in Rec2020
- near black 0-20%, 2% step
- near white 96-100%, 2% step
- color saturation 10% and 25% steps: Rec2020, P3 in Rec2020, Rec.709 in Rec.2020
- color checker: GCD Classic, MCD Classic, Calman Classic, Calman SG Skintones, Calman SG, Pantone Skintones

Patterns characteristics:
- MaxCLL: 1000 cd/m2
- MaxFALL: 400 cd/m2
- pattern size: 10%.
- duration: 2min (text label stays on screen for 10 seconds)
- combined version: 10s, 15s, 20s +3s black screen 'cooldown'
bigbadbob, VBB, jwhn and 3 others like this.
M-V is offline  
post #39 of 230 Old 05-08-2018, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100

Updated HDR-10 Calibration Patterns for CalMAN!

Donwload link: HDR10 calibration patterns



Current version includes patterns for HCFR 3.5.1.4 (see previous post for patterns lists) and CalMAN HDR10 Calibration Workflow:
- White Balance Module (2 points: 30% and 80%)
- Grayscale: 20 steps, 10 steps, LG OLED 2016 and 2017
- CMS Adjust BT.2020
- ColorChecker: Classic, SG, Video and full combined version
- BT.2020 Saturation Sweeps: 20% and 10% steps
- P3 Saturation Sweeps inside BT.2020 20% steps
- BT.709 Saturation Sweeps inside BT.2020 20% steps

Patterns characteristics:
- MaxCLL: 1000 cd/m2
- MaxFALL: 400 cd/m2
- pattern size: 10%
- duration: 2min (text label stays on screen for 10 seconds)
- combined version: 10s, 15s, 20s +3s black screen cooldown
WiFi-Spy, siuengr and mrtickleuk like this.

Last edited by M-V; 05-08-2018 at 02:11 PM.
M-V is offline  
post #40 of 230 Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,381
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked: 6594
Awesome, thank you very much!!
M-V likes this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #41 of 230 Old 05-09-2018, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,381
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked: 6594
What luminance are the saturation sweeps at, please? (I'm guessing 50% but it doesn't say anywhere)

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 05-09-2018 at 02:19 PM.
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #42 of 230 Old 05-10-2018, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
What luminance are the saturation sweeps at, please? (I'm guessing 50% but it doesn't say anywhere)
Yes, Luminance is 50%. Default Calman values.

Also, just in case every saturation pattern has a text label with RGB triplet (TV range 16-235) and it can be compared against Calman expectations. For convenience RGB triplets are displayed as 8 bit numbers (it's what both Calman and HCFR are generating and showing to user) but just to be clear - patterns are created and encoded in 10bit mode.
mrtickleuk likes this.
M-V is offline  
post #43 of 230 Old 05-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Afternoon folks, I have a probably stupid question regarding these HDR patterns.

When using the white and colour clipping patterns for my display (max 430 nits) should I adjust my display until the closest luminance to my display is the last patch visible (in this case 450 nits) and nothing above 450 can be seen?
CraftyClown is offline  
post #44 of 230 Old 05-21-2018, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post
When using the white and colour clipping patterns for my display (max 430 nits) should I adjust my display until the closest luminance to my display is the last patch visible (in this case 450 nits) and nothing above 450 can be seen?
No, you shouldn't intentionally clip details above your display physical capabilities. Your display should use tone mapping algorithm built in by the manufacturer and be able to display details above 430 nits.
M-V is offline  
post #45 of 230 Old 06-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi!

I want to use your patterns to do a 2pt WB calibration and reference measurement of my LG B7 using HCFR. Could you please help me with these two questions?:

1) Which patterns should I use for measuring grayscale: "HCFR\01. Grayscale\02. 5% steps" or "01. Grayscale\04. LG OLED 2017 steps - 1000nit"?

2) Which preference must be used in HCFR for these patterns?

Thanks in advance!
maxOLED is offline  
post #46 of 230 Old 06-03-2018, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Thanks for the work that you've put into this!

Question, with regards to the Grayscale patterns. What is the difference between the 20 step patterns and the 2016 OLED patterns. I have a 65" OLED E6P (2016) and was curious what are the differences. How do they differ? What's the advantage of the specific 2016 OLED patterns over the normal 20 step, with a 2016 OLED?

Thanks

Stuntman_Mike is offline  
post #47 of 230 Old 06-04-2018, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Hi guys!

10-20 steps grayscale patterns have 'generic' 5-10% steps ( 5%, 10% ,15%, 20%, ...).
LG OLED TVs (2016, 2017, 2018) are using very specific codes/values for 20 point WB controls and corresponding calibration patterns are significantly different: 7.2%, 21.69%, 29.22%, 36.76%, 40.53%, ...
Check out calibrations notes from LG:
2016 http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...0Procedure.pdf
2017 http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...OLED%20TVs.pdf
2018 - ? (Don't have a link.)

So if you're planning on adjusting 20pt WB controls on LG OLED then LG-specific patterns are required.
But if you're planning doing 2 points WB adjustment you can use use 'generic' grayscale patterns with 5-10% steps. However, as far as I know, 2pt WB controls are blocked in HDR mode on 2016 models and only 20pt WB is available.
M-V is offline  
post #48 of 230 Old 06-05-2018, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-V View Post
Hi guys!

10-20 steps grayscale patterns have 'generic' 5-10% steps ( 5%, 10% ,15%, 20%, ...).
LG OLED TVs (2016, 2017, 2018) are using very specific codes/values for 20 point WB controls and corresponding calibration patterns are significantly different: 7.2%, 21.69%, 29.22%, 36.76%, 40.53%, ...
Check out calibrations notes from LG:
2016 http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...0Procedure.pdf
2017 http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...OLED%20TVs.pdf
2018 - ? (Don't have a link.)

So if you're planning on adjusting 20pt WB controls on LG OLED then LG-specific patterns are required.
But if you're planning doing 2 points WB adjustment you can use use 'generic' grayscale patterns with 5-10% steps. However, as far as I know, 2pt WB controls are blocked in HDR mode on 2016 models and only 20pt WB is available.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Much appreciated.

I saw that the TV used codes instead of %, and figured that the LG OLED patterns were just to make it more user friendly and understandable. Now, after seeing your explanation, it never occurred to me that it was because the % values are actually different than the standard 10/20 step. Interesting.

And yes, on the 2016's there is only the option of 20pt WB in HDR.

Again, appreciate the response and all of the work put in.
RIppolito, mrtickleuk and M-V like this.

Stuntman_Mike is offline  
post #49 of 230 Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
M-V is offline  
post #50 of 230 Old 06-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Can someone clue me in regarding the 20p white balance code values/steps on LG OLED 2017 models? This suite contains grayscale patterns for LG 2016 and 2017 for their appropriate code values. I have an LG B7 but the code values in my TV's menu for 20 point white balance don't match the video files in the LG 2017 folder, they match the ones in the LG 2016 folder though. What am I missing here?
suarsg is offline  
post #51 of 230 Old 06-12-2018, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Is there a way to burn these patterns to a disc similarly to the AVS AVCHD disc (I have a BD burner so I could also do HDMV)?

If not, anyone have any issues with calibrating an LG OLED via USB with these patterns? I know that they trigger HDR on my E6P, but I don't know if going through USB will produce accurate results.


Last edited by Stuntman_Mike; 06-12-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Stuntman_Mike is offline  
post #52 of 230 Old 06-14-2018, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
LG OLED 2018 HDR10 calibration patterns: link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suarsg View Post
Can someone clue me in regarding the 20p white balance code values/steps on LG OLED 2017 models? This suite contains grayscale patterns for LG 2016 and 2017 for their appropriate code values. I have an LG B7 but the code values in my TV's menu for 20 point white balance don't match the video files in the LG 2017 folder, they match the ones in the LG 2016 folder though. What am I missing here?
LG OLED 2017 models actually have not 1 but 3 variants of HDR10 codes for different meta variants: 540, 1000, 4000 nits. But neither of these codes (540, 1000 or 4000) are the same as 2016, so it's not clear why values in the menu match 2016 codes. I think it's worth asking in 2017 models calibration thread.

Also, for now I've built only 1000 nit meta variant for 2017 LG OLED but actually can also add other meta variants if there is any demand for them: 540 (not sure why anyone could need that) and 4000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Is there a way to burn these patterns to a disc similarly to the AVS AVCHD disc (I have a BD burner so I could also do HDMV)?

If not, anyone have any issues with calibrating an LG OLED via USB with these patterns? I know that they trigger HDR on my E6P, but I don't know if going through USB will produce accurate results.
If you're not planning watching content with internal TV USB player I'd advise not to use it for HDR calibration as results could differ from HDMI. In my case readings from internal TV USB player seem to be slightly brighter than from HDMI source. (But not very stable in any case.)

You can try burning patterns as files/directories to a disc but I'm not sure if it'll work. I've tried creating an ISO with DVDFab UHD creator but unfortunately it was almost unusable - no way to choose which file to play.

So for now I think that the most convenient way is to play patterns from a HDMI player over network or from a USB drive.
M-V is offline  
post #53 of 230 Old 06-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
jwhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-V View Post
- combined version: 10s, 15s, 20s +3s black screen cooldown
These combined patterns are great.

One request - could you make combined versions of shorter duration such as 3s?

To me the ideal would be combined files with hybrid durations that are 10s for dark patterns of say 20% or darker on the gray scale and then 3s per pattern after that. Ted's SDR patterns have 2,6, and 10 second versions but I find that none of them are ideal because what's really needed is 10s for the darkest patterns and then 2s / 3s for all others.

Anyway, if you are able to create some shorter duration combined files for the next version, that would be much appreciated.
jwhn is offline  
post #54 of 230 Old 06-17-2018, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,744
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhn View Post
Ted's SDR patterns have 2,6, and 10 second versions but I find that none of them are ideal because what's really needed is 10s for the darkest patterns and then 2s / 3s for all others.

Anyway, if you are able to create some shorter duration combined files for the next version, that would be much appreciated.
Hi, if you have media files of Ted's patterns, since each color can be found as separate file additionally, you can mix the 2/6/10 files and create you own 11/21-Point Grayscale run, with more time on darker patterns and less time with brighter ones.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #55 of 230 Old 06-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
jwhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, if you have media files of Ted's patterns, since each color can be found as separate file additionally, you can mix the 2/6/10 files and create you own 11/21-Point Grayscale run, with more time on darker patterns and less time with brighter ones.
I thought about that. I just wasn't sure how to do so given my limited video editing skills. ; )
jwhn is offline  
post #56 of 230 Old 06-17-2018, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,744
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhn View Post
I thought about that. I just wasn't sure how to do so given my limited video editing skills. ; )
Sorry, I forgot that there separate files for 10 sec only, so its not possible.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #57 of 230 Old 06-18-2018, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-V View Post
LG OLED 2018 HDR10 calibration patterns: link.



If you're not planning watching content with internal TV USB player I'd advise not to use it for HDR calibration as results could differ from HDMI. In my case readings from internal TV USB player seem to be slightly brighter than from HDMI source. (But not very stable in any case.)

You can try burning patterns as files/directories to a disc but I'm not sure if it'll work. I've tried creating an ISO with DVDFab UHD creator but unfortunately it was almost unusable - no way to choose which file to play.

So for now I think that the most convenient way is to play patterns from a HDMI player over network or from a USB drive.
Thanks for the response.

I have a gaming rig hooked up to my OLED via HDMI, so it's not a problem to play it from there really. Is there a player that is recommended to play back these files from PC, or does it not really matter in terms of accuracy?

Stuntman_Mike is offline  
post #58 of 230 Old 06-18-2018, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhn View Post
These combined patterns are great.

One request - could you make combined versions of shorter duration such as 3s?

To me the ideal would be combined files with hybrid durations that are 10s for dark patterns of say 20% or darker on the gray scale and then 3s per pattern after that. Ted's SDR patterns have 2,6, and 10 second versions but I find that none of them are ideal because what's really needed is 10s for the darkest patterns and then 2s / 3s for all others.

Anyway, if you are able to create some shorter duration combined files for the next version, that would be much appreciated.
Sure. Adding combined versions with static delays is relatively easy so I'll add 3s version in next build. Hybrid version is more tricky but I'll see what can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Thanks for the response.

I have a gaming rig hooked up to my OLED via HDMI, so it's not a problem to play it from there really. Is there a player that is recommended to play back these files from PC, or does it not really matter in terms of accuracy?
I'm using HTPC myself with MPC-BE + external LAV filters + madVR. Actually, if you're planning to watch content from your PC you can use madTPG patterns generator - it's capable of outputting HDR patterns for some time now.
RIppolito and Stuntman_Mike like this.
M-V is offline  
post #59 of 230 Old 06-21-2018, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-V View Post
I'm using HTPC myself with MPC-BE + external LAV filters + madVR. Actually, if you're planning to watch content from your PC you can use madTPG patterns generator - it's capable of outputting HDR patterns for some time now.
Thanks. I'll give this a try.

madTPG probably doesn't have the coded patterns for an LG 2016 OLED, though, right?

Stuntman_Mike is offline  
post #60 of 230 Old 06-22-2018, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
M-V
Member
 
M-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Thanks. I'll give this a try.

madTPG probably doesn't have the coded patterns for an LG 2016 OLED, though, right?
It doesn't need to, it is an software pattern generator supported by most (if not all) of calibration software including HCFR and Calman.
M-V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
calibration , hdr , HDR-10 , hdr10 , patterns

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off