Yep, I also took the time to figure out, as accurately as I was able to, which exact code values my C6 was adjusting with its settings. It didn't match the official suggested codes, and I actually found out that one of the settings actually jumped up and down for which code it directly controlled, leading to very inconsistent results. In the end I decided to focus on correcting greyscale chroma only, not luma, as the luma changes were also causing too drastic of a change, causing a sharp banding that was just not fixable. Despite creating my own patterns to match the settings on my set, including patterns that would represent the midpoints between the optimal code values, for a good reference point in how they cross over, it still created visible artifacts that were just impossible to remove while maintaining chroma correction. While I was able to technically improve the error by a lot, it just wasn't helpful visually. Plus, each setting appeared to affect the same number of nits no matter how dark the target code should have been making it very difficult to get good values in the lower nits anyways.
Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Sony UBP-X700, Chromecast Ultra
Check out my video game movie edits