2018 LG OLED Calibration and User Settings (No price talk) - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2257Likes

post #1171 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4379 Post(s)
Liked: 5370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Why its not adding Red? ...and only Green-Blue.... Even if you got valid meter measurement with Green-Blue, that shade will be totally wrong without Red.
I tired autocal again and a couple of preliminary thoughts:
1) I clicked the "Commit" button in the DDC controls after I did the 3000 pt 3D LUT and I saw calman update the TV. BTW, I set the range on the 3DLUT to 0-235 at 3,000 points. It ran pretty fast, about 1.5 hrs to complete with the Klein and the Murideo set with D-Nice's suggestions.

2) I changed the setting on my K10A from 3 reads to 1. I left the low light handler on just in case but no issues.

3) I'm not getting that problem with the gray scale being set high in the lower IRE's. See below.

4) This time around the color checker and the saturation sweeps looked spot-on. I'm not saying that the 3D lut is perfect because I haven't looked at the raw file but the calman scans and the PQ look good compared to when I last tried.

5) I calibrated Technicolor with D-Nice's white point and Cinema at D65, both look good. I just need a little time to watch D-Nice's white point but so far, looks fine. I also calibrated at a high brightness 250 nits so I can compare the picture with my A1E with is in a bright room which is more challenging for Autocal but it seemed to handle it well, no crazy stuff was observed.

I'll post the scans once I finish everything but the only thing that I would like to see at this point, in addition to a really good 3DLUT is a 42 pt 0-235 1DLUT selection and a backup program.
mrtickleuk likes this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified

Last edited by jrref; 07-28-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked: 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I tired autocal again and a couple of preliminary thoughts:
1) I clicked the "Commit" button in the DDC controls after I did the 3000 pt 3D LUT and I saw calman update the TV. BTW, I set the range on the 3DLUT to 0-235 at 3,000 points. It ran pretty fast, about 1.5 hrs to complete with the Klein and the Murideo set with D-Nice's suggestions.
Hi John,

You mean 16-235.

Quote:
2) I changed the setting on my K10A from 3 reads to 1. I left the low light handler on just in case but no issues.
You sacrifice repeatability, because as CalMAN is not using the Klein SDK to operate the meter, it's using custom code which provides shorter read times but with not good repeatability, you need to set at least 3 or 5 to match the repeatability that software which using Klein SDK, like ChromaSurf or LightSpace for example.

Klein SDK using boxcar averaging while CalMAN is using other averaging/sampling method, there better repeatability with Klein's SDK.

Put some patterns in meter continue mode to see your repeatability, values will not be so stable.

Quote:
4) This time around the color checker and the saturation sweeps looked spot-on. I'm not saying that the 3D LUT is perfect because I haven't looked at the raw file but the CalMAN scans and the PQ look good compared to when I last tried.

I'll post the scans once I finish everything but the only thing that I would like to see at this point, in addition to a really good 3DLUT is a 42 pt 0-235 1DLUT selection and a backup program.
Please when you talk about a display performance, always post some data, we can't imagine how is the performance unless you post the 3dl file and post verification charts.

Only upload the 3dl file which is useful for LightSpace users who following that thread, they can import it and see what has happening to your generated 3D LUT file.

As you don't use LightSpace, but only CalMAN (while D-Nice using LightSpace also), you can't do anything with that 3dl file, since CalMAN don't have any tool to overview the generated correction, they only to verify for errors is to import your 3dl file to LightSpace and then use 1D LUT, 3D LUT or LUT View tools to check for issues.

For people to check this until you finish with your verification charts, you can upload it quickly here.

There no need to wait approval from Tyler until to post your data (they will not approved if they are not great, right?), its a TV 3D LUT test, not any scientific experiment which its results will affect humanity. If results will be not good, there no problem, it will basically help Tyler and SpectraCAL to improve the software and next time to be better.

Its more important to not have issues visually but some dE than from having very low dE and issues with real content/gradation.
BlueChris, BlackJoker and L30Z3N like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 07-26-2018 at 10:23 AM.
post #1173 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi John,

You mean 16-235.

You sacrifice repeatability, because as CalMAN is not using the Klein SDK to operate the meter, it's using custom code which provides shorter read times but with not good repeatability, you need to set at least 3 or 5 to match the repeatability that software which using Klein SDK, like ChromaSurf or LightSpace for example.

Klein SDK using boxcar averaging while CalMAN is using other averaging/sampling method, there better repeatability with Klein's SDK.

Put some patterns in meter continue mode to see your repeatability, values will not be so stable.

Please when you talk about a display performance, always post some data, we can't imagine how is the performance unless you post the 3dl file and post verification charts.

Only upload the 3dl file which is useful for LightSpace users who following that thread, they can import it and see what has happening to your generated 3D LUT file.

As you don't use LightSpace, but only CalMAN (while D-Nice using LightSpace also), you can't do anything with that 3dl file, since CalMAN don't have any tool to overview the generated correction, they only to verify for errors is to import your 3dl file to LightSpace and then use 1D LUT, 3D LUT or LUT View tools to check for issues.

For people to check this until you finish with your verification charts, you can upload it quickly here.

There no need to wait approval from Tyler until to post your data (they are not approved if they are not great, right?), its a TV 3D LUT test, not any scientific experiment which its results will affect humanity. If results will be not good, there no problem, it will basically help Tyler and SpectraCAL to improve the software and next time to be better.

Its more important to not have issues visually but some dE than from having very low dE and issues with real content/gradation.
Yes I meant 16-235 but since I have the Murideo I can use 16-255. I understand what you are saying about the Klein but I it seemed to work reliably with 1 or 3 reads. I very rarely see a problem when calibrating manually and I wanted to try it to see if it would work reliably to speed up the 3DLUT readings since faster is better with the OLED, less heating problems.

As far as PQ, yes I know I can just post everything but sometimes that becomes counter productive. Preliminary feelings are that i'm not seeing "obvious" artifacts or any other anomalies in the PQ after the calibration so far. There may be some minor issues but I have to look at more content. As you know I see a lot of sets so i can pick this stuff out pretty quickly. At the end of the day, i'm pleased to see improvements over what we started with and I hope with all the feedback, maybe with a couple of more tweaks, the product will be pretty good. So far im optimistic.
mrtickleuk likes this.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1174 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 2082
Here is Vincent Teoh's (HDTVtest) latest video showing the reduction in color banding on 2018 LGs in the latest beta version of CalMAN:

We are committed to continuous improvement in CalMAN's 3D LUT engine. The next beta will build on the improvements already seen in the just released beta 2.

We have received very positive feedback on the latest beta from our users in Hollywood (even the ones that use both CalMAN and Lightspace.)
bacon333, T( )( )L and mrtickleuk like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #1175 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2335 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
If someone were to like Vivid mode...

What other settings on the C8 need to be changed?

Thanks!

Shopping List:
TV: Samsung Q90R, or LG C9, or Sony ...
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820, or Sony X800M, or Pioneer Elite LX500
Soundbar: Samsung Q90R, or Sennheiser Ambeo, or...
AVR and Speakers: Marantz 8012, or... and GE Triton Reference, or...
post #1176 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
''there is issue to magenta area also.'':

25% Magenta - Chromaticity Animation:

Quote:
As far as PQ, yes I know I can just post everything but sometimes that becomes counter productive. Preliminary feelings are that i'm not seeing "obvious" artifacts or any other anomalies in the PQ after the calibration so far. There may be some minor issues but I have to look at more content. As you know I see a lot of sets so i can pick this stuff out pretty quickly. At the end of the day, i'm pleased to see improvements over what we started with and I hope with all the feedback, maybe with a couple of more tweaks, the product will be pretty good. So far im optimistic.
John,

As you seen earlier, there was a user which didn't had any visual issue (he was very excited with the results) with real content until I told him where to look for, so after looking the magenta area he found and reported the problem I saw (without measurements of his display, only checking his cube file), see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon333 View Post
From Ted's color ramp (which is an awesome pattern), I didn't notice any big problems in the yellow/cyan area but quite a bit of artifact/banding in the magenta/blue areas. As for the 4%/5%, they're clearly visible. Even 1% is barely visible with 0.5% blended with 0%.

Since magenta on Ted's color ramp looked pretty bad, I pulled up chapter 15 of Blade Runner 2049 where giant magenta Joi (Ana de Armas...whew), walks up to Gosling. My girlfriend gave me weird looks when I took the shot but her thigh and knee area had some posterization. Gradation wasn't smooth and is noticeable from a viewing distance of 8.5 ft (20/15 vision). Would I have noticed this if I weren't looking for it? Probably not (because I'm more of a boob guy), but it's there.
It's impossible to watch so many different scenes from different movies with different color tones, it will be 5 sec examination if you upload your 3dl file. I will save you 2-3 hours of verification with real content if I will find out something to your data.

3D LUT data examination can't hide anything, if there errors there, it will be errors with real content also, just you have to spend hours to found the specific scene where the problem will be more noticed, or check 100 different color ramps with various gradation for evaluation.

So we will be able to see if your scans agree with the cube data, becasue anyone can cook dE reports, of use PhotoShop to copy-past-join charts or post other TV charts (I'm not talking for you, just it can happen when someone want to promote something that is not true.)

Your results can be great, but can have issues, its not your fault if it will have issues, nothing to worry about, just because you have K-10A, so measure more accurately a lot of low luminance patches, we want to see if there improvements with better meter, becasue all users here are testing exact same TV models, just from different countries and different meters.
Iron Mike and L30Z3N like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #1177 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Here is Vincent Teoh's (HDTVtest) latest video showing the reduction in color banding on 2018 LGs in the latest beta version of CalMAN:

https://youtu.be/CDW8Vf3xxFI

We are committed to continuous improvement in CalMAN's 3D LUT engine. The next beta will build on the improvements already seen in the just released beta 2.

We have received very positive feedback on the latest beta from our users in Hollywood (even the ones that use both CalMAN and Lightspace.)

Oversaturation fixed,only the rest to go
bacon333 and BlackJoker like this.

Calman Enthusiast,Lightspace HTP,Klein K-10A,I1pro2,Murideo 6G.
post #1178 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yes, there improvements over earlier versions of CalMAN, I'm glad I helped located them after I gathered data of other people and analyzed them (not my personal data), but I'm not glad you didn't had enough internal testing to spot these issues the latest years (no-one at hollywood?), since the over-saturation bug was there at least 18 months, (from CalMAN 2016) and banding to some setups were easily noticed.

For example, the over-saturation bug, I have posted about this from March 2017, without having any scans of 10-Point Saturation of the user to see it, that issue was affecting 3D LUT generations from CalMAN 2016 (CM 2017 released @ July 2017), if you see that post from March 2017: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...l#post51508873

...and download the file the user uploaded (@ file-dropper link) you will see exact the same oversaturation of 100%, its something I mentioned to that old post also '''Looking the 3D LUT viewer I see that you have used the Wide Gamut, so your Green and Red was over saturated but there is an issue to blue/magenta area where seems like it's not oversaturated to some luminance levels, while @ 100% Saturation was oversaturared, strange cube..''

Can you give some light to the CalMAN users which will use LightSpace and upload 3D LUT via LUT upload to LG? here is the question: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post56525020
BlackJoker likes this.

post #1179 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 393
I am so excited about next CalMAN release! Can't wait to have no more doubt about the OLED model to buy. Do you think we will see a smooth cube in the next beta @WiFi-Spy ? By the way, why lut level is now 16-255? Is it to avoid low luminance issues or what? Thanks Tyler

TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | SintoAmp: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, Portrait Displays CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018 R3, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2 - i1 Display Pro OEM B-02, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
post #1180 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I'm more interested in @WiFi-Spy giving any indication on what is going on with some people seemingly being able to load a 3D Lut into the panel without issue and others not having it load at all and if this is being looked into?

Also, as people outside of the USA have a lot harder time returning panels, are people with black crush at brightness 50 completely screwed? Trying to lift the low end after the fact doesn't seem to help much.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #1181 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobhc2010 View Post
I'm more interested in @WiFi-Spy giving any indication on what is going on with some people seemingly being able to load a 3D Lut into the panel without issue and others not having it load at all and if this is being looked into?

Also, as people outside of the USA have a lot harder time returning panels, are people with black crush at brightness 50 completely screwed? Trying to lift the low end after the fact doesn't seem to help much.
You should ask that to Neil from LG USA as he knows if the factory black clipping will be solved in some ways. Look HERE for a deeper explanation. Right now, you have three choices: 1) to accept the limit of your panel, 2) to buy another panel (Sony/Panasonic?), 3) buy an external video processor (eecolor is my suggestion, but stock are really low if not sold out).

TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | SintoAmp: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, Portrait Displays CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018 R3, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2 - i1 Display Pro OEM B-02, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
post #1182 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Ran a 10,000 pt overnight (Cinema with 2.4 target). More isn't better I guess. Picture is noticeably less coherent, more saturated, and black crush (black pasta looks like a black rock). Just a rougher picture overall. Definitely noticeable in content. Ted's color ramps look similar to the previous 6,000 pt cal. I think vertical ramps look worse.

As Tyler mentioned above, adjusting the sub b/c from the service menu caused misalignment near black so I manually calibrated 2.3 and 3. Any changes to 4% and it changes everything below it. I left the 4% close to 5% in hopes the 3DLUT will correct the luminance (wishful thinking). With sub b/c brightness at 128 (default), only 21 is flashing. I have increase to 140 to get 17 to barely flash. Maybe there's a better halfway point but I'll try manually calibrating the near blacks at 128 as Tyler suggested. This calibration was done at 140.

Pre-grayscale calibration, 17 is flashing appropriately. Post grayscale calibration, and 18 flashes but 17 is barely visible. Post 3DLUT, 19 is flashing and 18 is barely visible.

I also reprofiled the i1Display Pro with the i1 Pro since the last calibration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss.png
Views:	30
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	2433348   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-cal.png
Views:	26
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	2433350   Click image for larger version

Name:	gs-post-cal-series.png
Views:	28
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	2433354   Click image for larger version

Name:	GS-Cinema-Delta15.png
Views:	29
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	2433356   Click image for larger version

Name:	cinema-gs-settings-manual.PNG
Views:	34
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2433358  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.png
Views:	25
Size:	468.7 KB
ID:	2433360   Click image for larger version

Name:	3dlut-10000-2point4.png
Views:	26
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	2433362  
Attached Files
File Type: zip LG0_SJ9500_286511692.zip (193.6 KB, 8 views)
post #1183 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

It's interesting, today when playing with Autocal, I did a reset then set brightness to 51 with the DDC because that's where it needs to be on my set. I then ran the 1d and 3d luts and the DDC still showed brightness of 51 which is contrary to another report of Autocal resetting it back to 50.

It would be interesting for the person with the black crush problem to raise the brightness a bit and then Autocal and see what the result is.

John
post #1184 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

2018 LG OLED Calibration and User Settings (No price talk)

Quote:

We don't have a panel with bad black crush in house to test on. If you select LG dark detail are you able to manual adjust the very bottom RGB points up to fix the crushing?

The 3D LUT not being applied to the image is an LG firmware bug they are fixing. CalMAN properly loads the LUT, which is why after a hard power cycle of the TV, the 3D LUT is properly applied.
jrref likes this.

Last edited by WiFi-Spy; 07-26-2018 at 12:02 PM.
post #1185 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ran a 10,000 pt overnight (Cinema with 2.4 target). More isn't better I guess. Picture is noticeably less coherent, more saturated, and black crush (black pasta looks like a black rock). Just a rougher picture overall. Definitely noticeable in content. Ted's color ramps look similar to the previous 6,000 pt cal. I think vertical ramps look worse.

As Tyler mentioned above, adjusting the sub b/c from the service menu caused misalignment near black so I manually calibrated 2.3 and 3. Any changes to 4% and it changes everything below it. I left the 4% close to 5% in hopes the 3DLUT will correct the luminance (wishful thinking). With sub b/c brightness at 128 (default), only 21 is flashing. I have increase to 140 to get 17 to barely flash. Maybe there's a better halfway point but I'll try manually calibrating the near blacks at 128 as Tyler suggested. This calibration was done at 140.

Pre-grayscale calibration, 17 is flashing appropriately. Post grayscale calibration, and 18 flashes but 17 is barely visible. Post 3DLUT, 19 is flashing and 18 is barely visible.

I'm running a 10,000 pt LUT now with the Klein, but i'm using 250 nits so I can compare it with my Sony so there may be some drift. I'll let you know what I see.

John

Last edited by jrref; 07-26-2018 at 12:12 PM.
post #1186 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

What is your meter exposure mode and low light handler set to?

post #1187 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's interesting, today when playing with Autocal, I did a reset then set brightness to 51 with the DDC because that's where it needs to be on my set. I then ran the 1d and 3d luts and the DDC still showed brightness of 51 which is contrary to another report of Autocal resetting it back to 50.

It would be interesting for the person with the black crush problem to raise the brightness a bit and then Autocal and see what the result is.
We have talked about this yesterday and it's not working any normal menu or any service menu sub-adjustment related to Brightness, as Tyler posted below as reference since he knows first hand about internal stuff:

Quote:
If you need to set brightness to 60 to get a correct black level (even after running pixel refresh) most people using these in Hollywood have ended up retuning the TVs that behave like this. I have only talked with 3 people that have had this problem, and all of them ended up returning the sets, as calibration of 1D LUT doesn't fix it, and autocal won't work correctly if brightness is not set to 50 during 1D LUT calibration.

Have you tried running the pixel refresher?
Quote:
By adjusting the sub brightness in the service menu You have caused the 1D LUT points to be misaligned near black. The autoCAL algorithm is trying to calibrate one point it’s actually affecting another, So it keeps increasing that point but it’s not seen any difference in the measurement so it keeps going.

One thing you can try is resetting the sub brightness back to 128. Then manually use the DDC controls to push up the very bottom and see if that recovers you’re near black shadow detail? Also if you do a full DDC reset, putting a unity 1D LUT, is black still crushed?

post #1188 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
We don't have a panel with bad black crush in house to test on. If you select LG dark detail are you able to manual adjust the very bottom RGB points up to fix the crushing?

The 3D LUT not being applied to the image is an LG firmware bug they are fixing. CalMAN properly loads the LUT, which is why after a hard power cycle of the TV, the 3D LUT is properly applied.

Till now all questions still unanswered thanks for that. I don't know why you just answering the questions from specific people.

You and spectracal should be thankful that Ted I and many others doing the beta tests which you are responsible for and which helps to improve your software.

So again Which level is correct 16-255 or 16-235 ?
And how is it possible to upload a third party 3dl file which 1DLUT format is correct?

Would be happy to get even one question answered thx.

TV: LG OLED 65C8 Sources: Apple TV 4K, OPPO UDP-203 Video Processor: TruVue eeColor
Probe: Klein K10-A, i1 Display Pro OEM Rev.B (2018), i1Pro2 OEM Rev.E Software: Lightspace HTP, Calman 2019 Ultimate
post #1189 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker View Post
Till now all questions still unanswered thanks for that. I don't know why you just answering the questions from specific people.

You and spectracal should be thankful that Ted I and many others doing the beta tests which you are responsible for and which helps to improve your software.

So again Which level is correct 16-255 or 16-235 ?
And how is it possible to upload a third party 3dl file which 1DLUT format is correct?

Would be happy to get even one question answered thx.
Here is the main question, it's the third time I'm asking Tyler the same question:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post56525020

Does it requires to send special email to SpectraCAL support for that? ...since I have active annual payed fee for customer support and upgrades? ..and Tyler get email notification when I quote him.

I'm asking public that, for LightSpace users to be informed about this feature, how to use it properly.

post #1190 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 1845 Post(s)
Liked: 3636
From personal experience, do not expect positive, or any feedback for that matter, from any company whom deems you a threat and/or hostile towards their products. With that being said, I would not spend time doing what is essentially free consulting by outlining in detail issues with their product and possible solutions.

I understand and agree that we all should be FREELY helping each other (purpose of this life anyway.... but that is an entirely different conversation). However, the world is prodomently manipulated and controlled by the opposite. As such, just say f**k it and move on. You know what works to get you the results you want, right?

Again, I’m speaking from experience.
post #1191 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger.miki View Post
You should ask that to Neil from LG USA as he knows if the factory black clipping will be solved in some ways. Look HERE for a deeper explanation. Right now, you have three choices: 1) to accept the limit of your panel, 2) to buy another panel (Sony/Panasonic?), 3) buy an external video processor (eecolor is my suggestion, but stock are really low if not sold out).
I'm not going to buy a different panel or an external LUT box and I'd prefer not to accept the limit of my panel. Do you have a way I can contact Neil?

Quote:

As mentioned, this messes with the 1D LUT points

Quote:

Again I seem to run into the same issue bacon333 had where it messed up other grey levels. And the hard power cycle doesn't seem to help for me and others. It seems some people don't even need to do the power cycle. Do I need to take this up with LG instead? If so, can you point me in the direction of a team or someone with knowledge as their general tech support seems to know little with regards to the calibration side of things?
mrtickleuk likes this.

Display - LG OLED55C8
Speakers - Dali Zensor 3 (Front), Zensor Vokal, Zensor 1 (Surrounds), Alteco C-1 (Atmos) w/SVS PC-2000
Receiver & Misc - Denon AVC-6500H, Philips Hue, Harmony Elite, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Nvidia Shield, i1 Display Pro
post #1192 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The problem is the LG locked that internal LUT to work only with CalMAN, the noise should be less if LG was giving that API open to all calibration software companies, like Panasonic for example where you can use whatever software you want for cube generation.

If LG was providing the LUT access to all, there no reason to point any issue for improvement to CalMAN from my side, now since its locked to work only with CalMAN, I'm interested to work good.

Since CalMAN added capability to load LUT's from other software (it's CalMAN who released that feature), we have to know how to do it, for users to upload LUT from LightSpace or DisplayCAL.

post #1193 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm not going to buy a different panel or an external LUT box and I'd prefer not to accept the limit of my panel. Do you have a way I can contact Neil?

As mentioned, this messes with the 1D LUT points

Again I seem to run into the same issue bacon333 had where it messed up other grey levels. And the hard power cycle doesn't seem to help for me and others. It seems some people don't even need to do the power cycle. Do I need to take this up with LG instead? If so, can you point me in the direction of a team or someone with knowledge as their general tech support seems to know little with regards to the calibration side of things?

I can’t reply to every single post on here at all hours of the day. If you would like direct help the best method is to email our tech-support support<at>SpectraCal.com And if we need to escalate it to LG we can.

Tyler

post #1194 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
From personal experience, do not expect positive, or any feedback for that matter, from any company whom deems you a threat and/or hostile towards their products. With that being said, I would not spend time doing what is essentially free consulting by outlining in detail issues with their product and possible solutions.

I understand and agree that we all should be FREELY helping each other (purpose of this life anyway.... but that is an entirely different conversation). However, the world is prodomently manipulated and controlled by the opposite. As such, just say f**k it and move on. You know what works to get you the results you want, right?

Again, I’m speaking from experience.

I'm totally with you with that said we will see how they can improve their software without our help.

I will test every single beta and going to prove and provide data that the 3D LUT is a mess.
@jrref you are thread starter and actually acting like a little child who need permission to post scans and calibration files? Sounds really corrupt to me but anyways they can ignore me and Ted but here are plenty other users with questions that need to be answered and yes I know how to get great results and not great looking charts I'm glad I got some secret tipps from Hollywood users 🤫
@WiFi-Spy you answering only the questions that suits you that's all.

Good look with further updates

TV: LG OLED 65C8 Sources: Apple TV 4K, OPPO UDP-203 Video Processor: TruVue eeColor
Probe: Klein K10-A, i1 Display Pro OEM Rev.B (2018), i1Pro2 OEM Rev.E Software: Lightspace HTP, Calman 2019 Ultimate
post #1195 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I can’t reply to every single post on here at all hours of the day. If you would like direct help the best method is to email our tech-support support<at>SpectraCal.com And if we need to escalate it to LG we can.

Tyler

I don't even get answers from the support so tell me on which way I get my questions answered.

post #1196 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Tyler
Hi Tyler,

Thank you, I didn't mean for you to be answering every post. I will contact your support.
post #1197 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't even get answers from the support so tell me on which way I get my questions answered.
We respond to all support emails. I don't recall seeing any from you in the last 3-4 months. But I could be mistaken.

post #1198 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
I'm totally with you with that said we will see how they can improve their software without our help.

I will test every single beta and going to prove and provide data that the 3D LUT is a mess.
@jrref you are thread starter and actually acting like a little child who need permission to post scans and calibration files? Sounds really corrupt to me but anyways they can ignore me and Ted but here are plenty other users with questions that need to be answered and yes I know how to get great results and not great looking charts I'm glad I got some secret tipps from Hollywood users 🤫
@WiFi-Spy you answering only the questions that suits you that's all.

Good look with further updates
BlackJoker, you attack jrref by calling him a little child then you throw a tantrum because they ignore your angry rants. It’s the whole glass house thing.
jrref likes this.
post #1199 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 02:42 PM

On the black crush issue, my C8 suffers from it i can barley see 20 but today I calibrated using 10% window bt1886 and .0019 nits. I have a C6 meter, I did a 26 rolling 235. I had problem with 2.5 spiking Up to 2.6 gamma, after autocal I fixed with manual adjustments, reduced red a little by eye. I then did a 1500 point 3D lut. After I finished my Color checker showed 1 color high at 1.2 and my average was .5. Checked my black level and 17 was showing in darkened room.

Hope this helps someone.
post #1200 of 3235 Old 07-26-2018, 02:59 PM

I tried D-nice white offset using 50% and 25% window. The grayscale looked a little green. On content it looked pretty good but it looked like I calibrated to 2.2 . I probably did something wrong, but am not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page