2018 LG OLED Calibration and User Settings (No price talk) - Page 96 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2393Likes

post #2851 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3249 Post(s)
Liked: 4045
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Is there a flowchart or slide somewhere showing LG's 2018 WOLED image-processing engine?

How incoming 8-bit values are converted for entry into the LUTs, how many bits of precision within LUT entries, used to comoute interpolated output values, and bits of precision on the output values themselves, that sort of thing...

I'm trying to understand how 8-bit RGB or YCbCr inputs get processed from the HDMI input all the way to the TCONs that drive the WOLED panel so if there is any reference document of thread where those details are discussed, I'd appreciate a pointer...
Image processing chain seems to be: Input Signal -> Contrast/Brightness -> 3D LUT -> 1D LUT (gamma preset, xx-Point White Balance, CMS) -> OLED Light -> Display’s Panel.

C8/E8/W8 have 10bit (1024) entry 1D LUT with 15bit precision values and 33-Point Cube with 12bit precision values.

B8 has 10bit (1024) entry 1D LUT with 15bit precision values and 17-Point Cube with 12bit precision values.

About 1D LUT:

26 or 42 specific points can be calibrated from CalMAN.

LightSpace support up to 101 point grayscale measurements if you like (you can create custom list with specific values you want, using any spacing), but with 33 points it will be fine.

There is a difference in processing if you send YCbr input vs. RGB-Video Input:

see there for more details: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57411680

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
Sorry if this has been asked prior in this (very long) thread.

Will the upcoming version of Calman Home support the LG C8 for autocalibration or only the newer (just released) C9?

I'm primarily interested in adjusting and optimizing black levels after the recent LG firmware update. Any advice here on what meter, software, and pattern generator might allow me to do this optimally without breaking the bank?

Sorry if this question is too pedestrian for what seems to be a very wonky thread.
Hi, you will need a colorimeter, i1Display PRO is available in 2 version... the Retail which is rated up to 1000 nits and the OEM which is rated up to 2000 nits.

LG OLED's 2018/2019 will not exceed 1000 nits, but to be future-proof-ready to calibrate other display tech which is brighter (like many current LCD-LED models) you can think about the OEM version.

About SDR pattern generator, you can use RPgenerator (if its supported to CalMAN Home 2019), since MobileForge is not perfect with any supported device as you can see there: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...cy-thread.html

If you add an HDFury device to the output of PGenerator, for HDR10 Metadata and AVI infoframe injection, it can generate HDR10 patterns also.

LG 2019 will have internal generator but to work, the displays need to have Brightness @ 50 and Contrast @ 85 in SDR mode and Brightness @ 50 and Contrast @ 100 in HDR10/DV mode. With any other settings it will not work. Also you will not able to verify a post calibration of HDR10/DV with internal generator, you will need external pattern generator solution.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #2853 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I'm not sure I agree because the HDR offsets can be calculated and at the end of the day if I take two identical LGs one calibrated with the Calman-LG process and one OOTB or just with the white point set properly, the calibrated set always has elements of it's PQ that are visibly better regardless of the underlying technical details.
Just because the image is 'visibly better' doesn't mean it is calibrated in any way.
It just means you prefer the visual image, which unfortunately means nothing.
As stated, you need to do a calibration verification.
Anything else is just your preference vs. someone other's preference...

And anyone that is active within these forums is/should be looking for technical calibration accuracy.
Not aesthetic preference.

Steve
L30Z3N likes this.

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2854 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Image processing chain seems to be: Input Signal -> Contrast/Brightness -> 3D LUT -> 1D LUT (gamma preset, xx-Point White Balance, CMS) -> OLED Light -> Display’s Panel.

C8/E8/W8 have 10bit (1024) entry 1D LUT with 15bit precision values and 33-Point Cube with 12bit precision values.

B8 has 10bit (1024) entry 1D LUT with 15bit precision values and 17-Point Cube with 12bit precision values.

About 1D LUT:

26 or 42 specific points can be calibrated from CalMAN.

LightSpace support up to 101 point grayscale measurements if you like (you can create custom list with specific values you want, using any spacing), but with 33 points it will be fine.
Thanks Ted - slowly starting to understand. From other threads, I thougt I understood that the 1D LUT preceded the 3D LUT on the KG WOLED video chain, so I'd appreciate clarification on that. In any case, I understand that whether using CalMAN or LS, sample points can be measured and interpolated to 1024 entry points for download into 1D LUT (one for each R=G=B triplet). From the flow you've outlined above, I'd guess that the 1D LUT is responsible for final whitepoint/greyscale/gamma calibration, is that correct? And in the case the 1D LUT is not used, that means you end up with the whitepoint/greyscale/gamma comng out of the 3D LUT, right?

In terms of the internal 3D LUTs (33^3 or 17^3), are the lookup points equally spaced? Are they fixed? Are the specified somewhere? Presumably CalMAN and LS know how the internal 3D LUTs are structured in order to convert correction files for download, but I'm interested if there are any documents or discussions on that subject...

Quote:
There is a difference in processing if you send YCbr input vs. RGB-Video Input:

see there for more details: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57411680
Yes, I recall getting into all of these details with you about the proper way to use your LightSpace calibration disk .

So as far as getting the best accuracy for use of the internal 3D LUT, is it still the case that using the target bluray player set for YCbCr output will provide the most accurate pathway for accuracy of Bluray playback? That would mean manual patch control, right? So what is the next-best (low-cost) accurate way to utilize auto,atoc patch generation - using a media player in YCbCr ouput mode and teusting/verifying that both your bluray player and your media player handle YCbCr pass-through accurately (or more importantly, identically)?
post #2855 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I recall getting into all of these details with you about the proper way to use your LightSpace calibration disk .

So as far as getting the best accuracy for use of the internal 3D LUT, is it still the case that using the target bluray player set for YCbCr output will provide the most accurate pathway for accuracy of Bluray playback? That would mean manual patch control, right? So what is the next-best (low-cost) accurate way to utilize auto,atoc patch generation - using a media player in YCbCr ouput mode and teusting/verifying that both your bluray player and your media player handle YCbCr pass-through accurately (or more importantly, identically)?
Ideally you need a pattern generator for SDR which is bit-perfect for YCbCr patch generation, the lower cost available is DVDO AVLab TPG (see for a second-hand unit), so you will profile using the same colorspace as your player later will output the video signal (YCbCr).

Another bit-perfect solution is the PGenerator which is based to Rasbery Pi hardware, it will be bit-perfect for RGB colorspace generation (not for YCbCr), but is low cost: https://www.lightillusion.com/pgenerator.html

Another solution is using LightSpace Connect application with a FireStick for RGB-Video patch generation.

While CalMAN can use FireStick also, its not bitperfect the Mobileforge, the testing results are available there to see: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...cy-thread.html

post #2856 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Ideally you need a pattern generator for SDR which is bit-perfect for YCbCr patch generation, the lower cost available is DVDO AVLab TPG (see for a second-hand unit), so you will profile using the same colorspace as your player later will output the video signal (YCbCr).

Another bit-perfect solution is the PGenerator which is based to Rasbery Pi hardware, it will be bit-perfect for RGB colorspace generation (not for YCbCr), but is low cost: https://www.lightillusion.com/pgenerator.html

Another solution is using LightSpace Connect application with a FireStick for RGB-Video patch generation.

While CalMAN can use FireStick also, its not bitperfect the Mobileforge, the testing results are available there to see: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...cy-thread.html
Just to make sure I understand correctly, impractical as it may be, you always have the option to be bit perfect by using the Lightspace calibration disk on the target bluray player, right (manually)?

So the other options you list above are to allow automatic path-generation / characterization, right?

I have a FireStickTV4K, so of the options you listed, that is the one that appeals to me the most. Doing that requires operating in RGB rather than YCbCr which as you pointed out earlier can result in innaccuracies. But what about putting my Sony Bluray player into RGB output mode? If the Sony is accurate making YCbCr conversion to RGB, woukdn't the end result be acccurate? And couldn't the accuracy of the resulting calibration be checked with color checker patterns from the Lightspace disk (manually)?

I have a Sony BDP-S5200 and I believe you told me frim prior discussions that it is close to bit-accurate for RGB output - does that mean that for my specific bluray player, I coukd consider to operate in RGB mode rather than YCbCr mode for both bluray calibration and playback?
post #2857 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just to make sure I understand correctly, impractical as it may be, you always have the option to be bit perfect by using the Lightspace calibration disk on the target bluray player, right (manually)?
OLED require very fast measurements and different patch order and drift patches, so my disk is not recommended as pattern generation for OLED via 3D LUT Automated measurement way for 1000/4913 meter reads without user prompt.

Quote:
I have a FireStickTV4K, so of the options you listed, that is the one that appeals to me the most. Doing that requires operating in RGB rather than YCbCr which as you pointed out earlier can result in inaccuracies. But what about putting my Sony Bluray player into RGB output mode? If the Sony is accurate making YCbCr conversion to RGB, wouldn't the end result be accurate? And couldn't the accuracy of the resulting calibration be checked with color checker patterns from the Lightspace disk (manually)?
There internal player processing of FireStick which makes YCbCr output (as patch generation we are talking, which is different from playback accuracy) to be inaccurate, for that reason RGB-Video can be used only.

Quote:
I have a Sony BDP-S5200 and I believe you told me frim prior discussions that it is close to bit-accurate for RGB output - does that mean that for my specific bluray player, I coukd consider to operate in RGB mode rather than YCbCr mode for both bluray calibration and playback?
This can work.

post #2858 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
OLED require very fast measurements and different patch order and drift patches, so my disk is not recommended as pattern generation for OLED via 3D LUT Automated measurement way for 1000/4913 meter reads without user prompt.
OK, so I need to forget about manual patch generation (primarily because of drift on WOLED).

Quote:
There internal player processing of FireStick which makes YCbCr output (as patch generation we are talking, which is different from playback accuracy) to be inaccurate, for that reason RGB-Video can be used only.

This can work.
Cool, thanks.

So for my case, the most-practical lowest-cost pattern generation would be to use my FirestickTV4K in RGB mode for TPG and then configure my Sony BDP-5200 to also output RGB.

For streaming, if I use the same FireStickTV4K (still configured for RGB) will that also be accurate? I suppose now we are talking about FireStickTV4Ks accuracy making YCbCr to RGB conversion, rather than RGB to YCbCr conversion...

SDR Blurays are my primary priority, but would appreciate the most effective way to also get streaming SDR accuracy through the FireStickTV4K (ideally, because of Atmos support) or the BDP-5200 streaming apps or the C9s internal streaming apps (this last of which I suppose will also give me Atmos, so I'll prefer the LG's internal streaming over the FireStickTV4K if thete is a way to calibrate for accuracy...).
post #2859 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK, so I need to forget about manual patch generation (primarily because of drift on WOLED).
I said no display characterization (automatic displaying of 1000/4913) patch displaying I don't recommend, not the manual calibration! You can do manual calibration.

Quote:
So for my case, the most-practical lowest-cost pattern generation would be to use my FirestickTV4K in RGB mode for TPG and then configure my Sony BDP-5200 to also output RGB.
Yes.

Quote:
For streaming, if I use the same FireStickTV4K (still configured for RGB) will that also be accurate?
I have no idea, use my patterns (Media Files) stream with RGB-Video output and compare the results with YCbCr output to find out.

post #2860 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I said no display characterization (automatic displaying of 1000/4913) patch displaying I don't recommend, not the manual calibration! You can do manual calibration.

Yes.

I have no idea, use my patterns (Media Files) stream with RGB-Video output and compare the results with YCbCr output to find out.
Excellent idea - thanks!

As far as display characterization versus manual calibration, yes, I was referring to 1000/4913 patch characterization.

Any thoughts on the best way to calibrate for the TVs internal apps? If the same 3D LUT generated from FireStickTV4K in RGB output is used for internal apps, will the result be accurate? If not, what's your suggestion for the liwest-cost / most practical way to generate accurate LUTs for internal apps?
post #2861 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Any thoughts on the best way to calibrate for the TVs internal apps? If the same 3D LUT generated from FireStickTV4K in RGB output is used for internal apps, will the result be accurate? If not, what's your suggestion for the liwest-cost / most practical way to generate accurate LUTs for internal apps?
You will use the same LUT's for all sources (internal apps or external inputs).

post #2862 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Hi, when you are creating meter profile, use wide gamut (native panel) in SDR mode (not the Auto, because Auto will select the factory Native Panel -> REC.709 mapping).

Because in HDR10 mode, the panel is using differently the W-subpixel (compared the SDR mode), ideally you need to create a different meter profiling in HDR10 but at 100 nits (so using 50% Luminance Levels patterns).
That makes sense, thank you very much!
post #2863 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You will use the same LUT's for all sources (internal apps or external inputs).
Got it - thanks.

So you use one accurate pathway / TPG to generate the LUTs and then assume that all oher pathways / video sources are accurate enough to keep up.

If something like internal streaming apps has sources of innacuracy, you don't try to calibrate that out - understand.

Last edited by fafrd; 03-24-2019 at 05:04 PM.
post #2864 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked: 2148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywaycn View Post
I'm thinking to upgrade my meter cause i1Dpro is quite old and never has chance to re-profle since bought it.

YES, i knew it and that's why i use RGB Full.

Great, it looks make sense. i will try another shoot tomorrow.

BTW, it seems no way to change TV setting to 0-255 or just keep use "LG 26 pts 16-235" would be fine?

Original post fixed. thanks!

I'm thought i should put all necessary infor when i need help.

Make sure the TV has ‘black level = Low’ in the TV settings. It will probably set itself to high if the raspberry pi is set to full, which will cause AutoCal to fail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #2865 of 3554 Old 03-24-2019, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
When you have Black Level = High, TV expect PC Levels black.

When you have Black Level = Low, TV expect Video Levels black.

The correct settings is Rasberry Pi RGB Full (CalMAN Video Levels) and LG Black level @ Low.
Luckly, i had double checked and its LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Without profiling to a spectrophotometer? Probably "Raw XYZ" or "Default".
Quote:
Hi, when you are using X-Rite i1Display PRO with WRGB OLED using CalMAN, use the RAW XYZ (which is the factory default calibration table. (since there no EDR table for WRGB but for RGB OLED, useful for RGB OLED Sony post-broadcast displays only.)

When you are using X-Rite i1Display PRO with LightSpace, there available EDR for WRGB OLED, its been used an FSI post-production WRGB OLED for that EDR file generation (which is equipped with LG WRGB panel)
Meter setting changed to "RAW XYZ", its work. And Thanks Rolls-Royce also.

Quote:
LG TV is not supporting direct *.3dl file upload. That file format is just a file format CalMAN decided to use for LG.

Internal TV LUT table is 0-1023, when CalMAN released for support for LG 2018, it was generating 3dl file 0-1023 with black at 64. Because there were some issues to LUT generation, with some invalid data below 64, which producing issues, CalMAN decided to generate 64-1013 3dl file (so to prevent possible issues below 64). But when you select to upload a 64-1024 3dl file, CalMAN is scaling first to 0-1023 and then its uploading to the TV. So it will not send 1:1 the exact data the 3dl file will be include, since its doing a scaling first.

When you will use LG Template with DeviceControl, LightSpace will export the file as exact LG want it. (no any scaling involved)
But i had tried refreshed DeviceControl cloud. But no found LG template.

Quote:
Use normal 10% windows with black backgroud when you perform 3D LUT measurements, you don't need APL patterns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Make sure the TV has ‘black level = Low’ in the TV settings. It will probably set itself to high if the raspberry pi is set to full, which will cause AutoCal to fail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well noted.

Now, it's time to update my 2nd round calibration. And to the one who just found this thread and looking for LG 2018 OLED 65B8P SDR calibration. You may get some idea from here.

Hardware
TV: LG OLED 65 B8P
SW: Calman 5.9.2.59 Home Enthusiast
Meter: i1Display pro retail 2011 model. (i bought it aroud 2012, so it should be. 0.1 - 1000 cd/m2)
TPG: Rpi PGenerator with 2.0.16 DeviceControl on Rpi 3B+

TPG setting:
TPG: 1080p24, RGB Full

LG TV Settig
Picture menu -> Picture Options -> Black Level = LOW

Calman Settings:
Meter: Meter mode = Raw XYZ, Low light handler =Enabled, mode=2, trigger=5 cd/m2 (my suggest optimize meter repsond time agian)
TV: Active grayscale points = LG 26 pts 16-235
PG control interface options: Windows size 10% (No need to care Pattern APL, Pattern size)
Workflow baisc option: Colorspace target= D65, HD, BT.709; Gamma fomula=Power 2.2; Luminance level=Video (16-235)
Application measurement options: Full Fieid Pattern insertion= Freq 30 (1D LUT), 15 (3D LUT); Duration 5; level 15% ; AutoCal targets DeltaE formula=de2000_jNDab, Cube deltaE formula=de2000

Workflow setting READ ALL THE DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY.
Grayscale 1D LUT: 16-235, (result is better than Rolling)
3D LUT: iRP point based LUT: video range SMPTE(16-235), 3000 pts (Ted suggest that less than 3500 would be accuracy; ) Pattern delay = 0.25 (optimize it according your network)

Here is post-cal result for Cinema 2.2, isf Expert Dark 2.4. i'm pretty satisfied. IF there no mistake, then i will move to HDR10/DV calibration.
BTW, Ted, if you have free time, do you mind review Cinema and Expert Dark .3dl file again?

Cinema 2.2

isf Expert Dark 2.4

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Sweeps Cinema 2.2.png
Views:	710
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	2544000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Sweeps _Expert Dark 2.4.png
Views:	705
Size:	399.1 KB
ID:	2544002   Click image for larger version

Name:	post_Cal_Expert Dark 2.4.png
Views:	691
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	2544004   Click image for larger version

Name:	post_Cal_Cinema 2.2.png
Views:	703
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	2544006   Click image for larger version

Name:	ColorChecker Expert Dark 2.4.png
Views:	682
Size:	555.1 KB
ID:	2544008  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ColorChecker Cinema 2.2.png
Views:	701
Size:	552.6 KB
ID:	2544010  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cinema_isf Expert Dark.zip (403.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by mywaycn; 03-24-2019 at 08:45 PM.
post #2866 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 01:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
But i had tried refreshed DeviceControl cloud. But no found LG template.
It will not be available automatically, users will have to fill a form first and the I will provide access to registered users of LightSpace to their DeviceCloud user name, and template will be available automatically to their cloud. I will update when this will be ready, I'm working on it now.

Quote:
BTW, Ted, if you have free time, do you mind review Cinema and Expert Dark .3dl file again?

I see small issues to ramps in cyan/blue and magenta/red area, typical noise of CM engine as others have reported also, but its at least is a LUT that you can watch movies now.

But I see a reduction of the area near black, you should check a brightness pattern to see if you have any clipping, I'm sure that you will find something there.

See your 1D LUT Viewer picture there. (I have scaled the 64-1023 to 0-1023, to look better)
mywaycn likes this.

post #2867 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 02:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Your LG0_03242019_054543PM_Cinema 2.2.3dl file was a UNITY 1:1 file.

post #2868 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Quote:
It will not be available automatically, users will have to fill a form first and the I will provide access to registered users of LightSpace to their DeviceCloud user name, and template will be available automatically to their cloud. I will update when this will be ready, I'm working on.

I'm looking forward to this update as well. I spent 3 hours tinkering with lightspace kinda going through steps of the process last night, doing a small profile last night of only 125 patches just to make sure I was even using the right function. I think I was thrown off because I'm intuitively looking for a button that says create 3dlut and not the "display characterization" or however it's labeled in ls. And then I opened device control and it was mainly Panasonic TVs...ands that when I decided it was bed time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2869 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjboshart View Post
I'm looking forward to this update as well. I spent 3 hours tinkering with lightspace kinda going through steps of the process last night, doing a small profile last night of only 125 patches just to make sure I was even using the right function. I think I was thrown off because I'm intuitively looking for a button that says create 3dlut and not the "display characterization" or however it's labeled in ls. And then I opened device control and it was mainly Panasonic TVs...ands that when I decided it was bed time
There is a quick guide here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57763422

Stay tuned for LG Template for DeviceControl, 2morrow.
Amirhosein Herandy likes this.

post #2870 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjboshart View Post
I'd suggest following this guide to learn the basics for LightSpace...
https://www.lightillusion.com/lut_ca...ots_guide.html

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #2871 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Both my dad and my neighbor liked my TV so much that they picked one up.

I'm likely to dabble in calibrating mine. And, eventually, I may apply what I learn to their panels as well.

But, of course, I could screw everything up on either mine or theirs. . . so here's my question:

Is there a way to undo everything you did while calibrating? Does a factory reset of the TV erase even the 3DLUT and/or the stuff that Calman (assuming I use that) writes to the TV?

--H
post #2872 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
Both my dad and my neighbor liked my TV so much that they picked one up.

I'm likely to dabble in calibrating mine. And, eventually, I may apply what I learn to their panels as well.

But, of course, I could screw everything up on either mine or theirs. . . so here's my question:

Is there a way to undo everything you did while calibrating? Does a factory reset of the TV erase even the 3DLUT and/or the stuff that Calman (assuming I use that) writes to the TV?

--H
Full DDC reset by calman or Factory reset by TV menu is same. After than you’re back to default .
post #2873 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Full DDC reset by calman or Factory reset by TV menu is same. After than you’re back to default .
Cool. Good to know there's an escape hatch. I was concerned that some of the fancier stuff these applications do would hide in nooks and crannies where the factory reset can't/won't reach.

It must be terrible when a wife, kid, or. . . I suppose a husband, accidentally wipes out a professional calibration by resetting the TV to factory defaults. =(
post #2874 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QUOTE=ConnecTEDDD;57800374]It will not be available automatically, users will have to fill a form first and the I will provide access to registered users of LightSpace to their DeviceCloud user name, and template will be available automatically to their cloud. I will update when this will be ready, I'm working on it now.

Will it be made available to users of the Lightspace 3-Day Rental option?
post #2875 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 02:17 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
It will not be available automatically, users will have to fill a form first and the I will provide access to registered users of LightSpace to their DeviceCloud user name, and template will be available automatically to their cloud. I will update when this will be ready, I'm working on it now.
Will it be made available to users of the Lightspace 3-Day Rental option???
post #2876 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomandavis View Post

Yes.

post #2877 of 3554 Old 03-25-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomandavis View Post
Yes..
Great!
post #2878 of 3554 Old 03-26-2019, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 92
New SW 4.10.31 ruining previous calibration

With new LG sw (4.10.31), aiming at fixing the black flashing issue and alleviating macro-block, the calibration response has drammatically chanded in the low luminance area. You can see below the changse from 4.10.15 (dashed) to 4.10.31 in RGB levels and near black.

At watching black are crushed even more than on my old B6.

I have fixed recalibrating, with two methods, the first working only on RGB, the second, I think more correct, rising Brighness (from 51 to 55) to black preservation, but still having to add some colour at lowest IRE for flattening gamma.

Same result with autocal, that unluckily I cannot fix as I don't have Calman anymore

To add that also colors (red luminance) is impacted and need to be fixed in CMS, but that's minimal (1/2 steps)

My reccomandation to users without a meter, is increasing brightness, but preserving black.

TV: LG 55E8PLA, Pana TX-L37ET5E BD/DVR: Panasonic BMR-BWT735 Media player: Teufel Connector 2, HT Rec: ANTHEM MRX 510,
Front: Woofer&Tweeter, Center: 2Woofer&1Tweeter, Surround: Bose acoustimass 5 series II, Sub: SVS SB2000
post #2879 of 3554 Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 AM

Liked: 2
Quick question about Calman Autocal.

Can I set luminance target higher than 115-120 nits at Autocal? To set up Day mode, I want to set up 200 nits or higher. Can it be done at LG autocal workflow?

Thanks.
post #2880 of 3554 Old 03-26-2019, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 3775
Quote:
Originally Posted by realhd1080 View Post
Quick question about Calman Autocal.

Can I set luminance target higher than 115-120 nits at Autocal? To set up Day mode, I want to set up 200 nits or higher. Can it be done at LG autocal workflow?

Thanks.

Yes you can set whatever light output you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
realhd1080 likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page