LG60uj7700 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-2018, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG60uj7700

Color problems. Color has extreme red tint. Faces are more red than they should be. White baseball uniforms have a pinkish hue. I adjust the green tint way up and it helps but when I change channels to a different broadcast, the faces look more greenish than they should. I end up adjusting the picture for different channels and shows. I have never owned a TV that required to be adjusted like this. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and how I can correct it? Also, for some broadcasts the faces look odd. They are a blend of red and orange and dont look natural. Turning down the color doesn't help unless I turn it way down but then it's obvious there is not much color in the picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-08-2018, 03:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3491 Post(s)
Liked: 4428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60uj7700 View Post
Color problems. Color has extreme red tint. Faces are more red than they should be. White baseball uniforms have a pinkish hue. I adjust the green tint way up and it helps but when I change channels to a different broadcast, the faces look more greenish than they should. I end up adjusting the picture for different channels and shows. I have never owned a TV that required to be adjusted like this. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and how I can correct it? Also, for some broadcasts the faces look odd. They are a blend of red and orange and dont look natural. Turning down the color doesn't help unless I turn it way down but then it's obvious there is not much color in the picture.
Hi, there some stuff you can fix checking some patterns to prevent the clipping you have to your white's (Contrast Pattern), your near black details (Brightness Pattern), to prevent color clipping (Color Clipping Pattern), but to perform color gamut/grayscale/gamma/white balance calibration you will need a meter and software, you can't do that parametric adjustments without proper gear.

Start by selecting the Movie Mode (which is the best performing mode from all the other movies that each TV is coming), disable enhancement, do contrast/brightness/color clipping adjustments, then display a Grayscale ramp and swap throu the available color temp modes, while you are looking the pattern choose one of the selections that seems to your eyes that is more neutral, then re-check contrast/brightness/color clipping again.

Here are some images I designed to showcase what you are checking when are you looking to some basic patterns using an RGB Cube Space presentation. While the examples saying Ted's disk, they are doing the same kind of verification when you are using similar pattern from other disks also.

Using the Contrast Flashing Bars Pattern, you are checking this area:

Using the Advanced Contrast Flashing Bars Pattern, you are checking additionally the RGBCMY also:

Using the 7-Color Clipping Bars Pattern to prevent clipping of each color channel (WRGBCMY), this sometimes can be fixed be removing some additionally clicks from the contrast control also, you are checking these areas:

To evaluate your near black details to prevent clipping or lifted levels with Brightness Flashing Bars or Advanced Brightness Flashing Bars:

More details about what you can do without meters see: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post37293066

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post34599017

If you have plans to move further, investing to a colorimeter and software then look here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post55567396

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page