Sony Master Series A9F Calibration and Settings
This thread is dedicated to the calibration and user settings for the Sony Master Series OLEDs, specifically the A9F.
The thread will focus on the following:
1) Manual calibration and Auto calibration using the new Calman Autocal process.
2) Gray Scale, CMS, LUT Verification, Color Volume, HDR Tone Mapping and Luminance accuracy to include 20%, 50%, 75% and 100% scans to see how the set performs overall.
3) Pros and cons of using alternate white points with this specific set.
4) Recommendations, tips, or other productive suggestions on how to properly calibrate this set and overcome any issues.
5) Near black detail, posterization and any other PQ pro's and con's specifically related to calibration.
6) Performance and user settings for SDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG.
7) General discussion of CM Autocal on any new TVs as it relates to comparison with Sony's implementation.
8) This forum is not for sharing or posting calibration Gray Scale or CMS settings unless used to illustrate a problem.
The idea of this thread is to encourage contributions from Home Enthusiasts and the Professionals and build a calibration knowledge base with factual, useful information that all can learn from and use as we proceed through the model year.
This is going to be a very exciting model year with Sony's Ultimate processor and all of the picture processing improvements they have promised along with the new Calman Autocal calibration process. Also this will be the first time we will have access to Sony's CMS controls.
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
Last edited by jrref; 09-26-2018 at 05:48 AM.