The cheap Test Pattern Generators accuracy thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 199Likes

post #301 of 312 Old 08-07-2019, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Thanks Ted and Riccardo

LG OLED65C8PUA, Onkyo TX-RZ920, Sony UBP-X700, Apple TV 4K, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, AT&T Gigabit Internet & U-verse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 312 Old 08-11-2019, 04:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked: 3701
For people interesting to use PGenerator, its been tested using Raspberry: Pi 2 Model B / Pi 3 Model B / Pi 3 Model B+ hardware. We recommend these hardware options.

Currently Pi 4 Model B is not supported, but it will be added support (if the testing goes fine) next month probably.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 08-11-2019 at 04:30 AM.
post #303 of 312 Old 08-11-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 5069 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
For people interesting to use PGenerator, its been tested using Raspberry: Pi 2 Model B / Pi 3 Model B / Pi 3 Model B+ hardware. We recommend these hardware options.

Currently Pi 4 Model B is not supported, but it will be added support (if the testing goes fine) next month probably.
Can one be purchased already built ready to go?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 312 Old 08-11-2019, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Can one be purchased already built ready to go?
The developer of PGenerator is just an enthusiast, he has provided a lot of free tools to the calibration community.

When the guide I will prepare will be ready with pictures and details about how to setup/use, for those who experience any problem with current instructions, it will be easier from all to get a unit from any store and just follow the super-detailed instructions.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #305 of 312 Old 08-12-2019, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
We spoke in PM, but when needed an noob for testing and instal for the raspberry pi 4 I'm glad to help.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

65QE9FN
post #306 of 312 Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Recently I decided to purchase a DVDO AVLab TPG to help automate my ChromaPure calibrations. As previously mentioned in this thread the DVDO with firmware 1.03 has the cool colorchecker feature which allows one to test whether or not your calibration source's output is bit perfect.

I believe someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the Oppo 203 4K player is bit perfect on output. Of course being the nerd that I am I had to confirm this with my own setup! ConnecTEDDD was kind enough to send me a spreadsheet containing the expected YCbCr triplets for the CalMan color checker classic patches that are found on his excellent Ted's Lightspace CMS bluray disk version 1.1. So I set the Oppo 203 (on latest official 65-0131 firmware) to output [email protected] fps, YCbCr 4:4:4, and 8 bits per channel. I set the DVDO to passthrough, connected the output cable from my Oppo to the DVDO input, and then hooked another HDMI cable from the DVDO output directly to the HDMI 2 input of my LG C6P OLED display. I then activated the colorchecker function on the DVDO and started measuring the YCbCr values of the CalMan color checker patches from Ted's bluray disk. The results are attached...as you can see all patches measured perfectly with no digital errors. This is important to me because I like to calibrate my LG C6 manually using Ted's ChromaPure specific patterns. I will now use ChromaPure in conjunction with the DVDO to automate all of the post calibration measurements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oppo 203 DVDO Colorchecker Measurements.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	2602614  
ConnecTEDDD and Anger.miki like this.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (65-0131 firmware)
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
NAD C316BEE Stereo Amplifier
Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 Sound Bar (3.2 firmware)/Xbox One X 4K Gaming Console/Apple TV 4K
post #307 of 312 Old 08-13-2019, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD_99 View Post
Recently I decided to purchase a DVDO AVLab TPG to help automate my ChromaPure calibrations. As previously mentioned in this thread the DVDO with firmware 1.03 has the cool colorchecker feature which allows one to test whether or not your calibration source's output is bit perfect.

I believe someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the Oppo 203 4K player is bit perfect on output. Of course being the nerd that I am I had to confirm this with my own setup! ConnecTEDDD was kind enough to send me a spreadsheet containing the expected YCbCr triplets for the CalMan color checker classic patches that are found on his excellent Ted's Lightspace CMS bluray disk version 1.1. So I set the Oppo 203 (on latest official 65-0131 firmware) to output [email protected] fps, YCbCr 4:4:4, and 8 bits per channel. I set the DVDO to passthrough, connected the output cable from my Oppo to the DVDO input, and then hooked another HDMI cable from the DVDO output directly to the HDMI 2 input of my LG C6P OLED display. I then activated the colorchecker function on the DVDO and started measuring the YCbCr values of the CalMan color checker patches from Ted's bluray disk. The results are attached...as you can see all patches measured perfectly with no digital errors. This is important to me because I like to calibrate my LG C6 manually using Ted's ChromaPure specific patterns. I will now use ChromaPure in conjunction with the DVDO to automate all of the post calibration measurements.
Hi, I have performed the same test with OPPO 203/205 from drive and from USB, both players had bit-perfect digital output for YCbCr: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post51029553

Some more info about how these kind of tests can be performed:

HDMI Video Signal Evaluation using Digital Pixel Analysis

For HDMI video output accuracy testing, the most accurate way is to use a device which can examine the HDMI Input signal pixels with digital level analysis.

There available some very expensive solutions for such testing in professional market, like Quantum Data 882EA-HDMI Video Generator / Analyzer, Tektronix WFM5250 SDI/HDMI Waveform Monitor or using Dolby's PRM-4200/4220 Professional Reference Monitors 'Pixel Cursor Display' function.

In the professional market but with more 'consumer friendly' price level, there two Reference Pattern Generators with Pixel Analysis capability: DVDO AVLab TPG 4K Reference Pattern Generator and Accupel DVG-6000 Ultra Plus (with Engineering Option).

Unfortunately, both products have been discontinued now.

DVDO can analyze SDR up to 1080p60 input signal while Accupel can analyze additionally HDR10 also, but its HDMI 2.0a Input board is limited to 10.2 Gbit data rates (not 18 Gbit).

DVDO's AVLab TPG 4K Reference Pattern Generator (Firmware 01.03.769) features a very useful feature called as 'Color Checker'.

Using that feature it can provide real-time digital value analysis (RGB or YCbCR value) of the selected pixel from DVDO cursor.

The top left corner of the cursor box indicates the position of the pixel being measured.

The cursor box can be moved around the screen to select the specific pixel/area to measure using the directional arrows on the AVLab-TPG.

This test can show if the pattern is solid or each pixel has different values from internal device processing.

Professional & Enthusiast calibrators has found this feature very valuable, to check the accuracy of any player output, testing various colorspace output options:

post #308 of 312 Old 08-16-2019, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi
I want to use for Calman and LightSpace (trial) MADTPG calibration patterns.
When I switch MADTPG after opening on my Sony OLED, I see that the menu bar of the software as on the attachment is still present during the calibration .Is this normal?
IF I select "use fullscreens", nothing happens. I always have this menu bar where you can select some options or disable others?
What should you do?

thank you. sorry for my English . I am French and I try to understand the software.

Laurent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0472.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	2603478  
post #309 of 312 Old 08-16-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterwarzombie View Post
Hi
I want to use for Calman and LightSpace (trial) MADTPG calibration patterns.
When I switch MADTPG after opening on my Sony OLED, I see that the menu bar of the software as on the attachment is still present during the calibration .Is this normal?
IF I select "use fullscreens", nothing happens. I always have this menu bar where you can select some options or disable others?
What should you do?
Hi Laurent,

You have to double clip madVR TPG screen.

post #310 of 312 Old 08-16-2019, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Hi Laurent,

You have to double clip madVR TPG screen.
thanks
post #311 of 312 Old 08-16-2019, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1834 Post(s)
Liked: 1129
Quote:

Can the PGenerator software be used by the new Calman Home for Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, etc? Will Calman recognize the PGenerator RPi device and will it automatically send necessary patterns? Does it support both SDR and HDR color patterns?

I am thinking of buying the Calman package with the C6 meter but don't have a pattern generator and this would be a godsend over spending the $1495 required for the SourceForge Pattern Generator.
post #312 of 312 Old 08-16-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
Can the PGenerator software be used by the new Calman Home for Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, etc? Will Calman recognize the PGenerator RPi device and will it automatically send necessary patterns? Does it support both SDR and HDR color patterns?

I am thinking of buying the Calman package with the C6 meter but don't have a pattern generator and this would be a godsend over spending the $1495 required for the SourceForge Pattern Generator.
Hi,

PGenerator can work with all CalMAN Home versions, you will connect as ''SpectraCal Unified Pattern Generator Control Interface''.

Its been tested using Raspberry: Pi 2 Model B / Pi 3 Model B / Pi 3 Model B+ hardware. Currently we recommend only these hardware options only.

It will support bit-perfect patch generation of RGB-Video triplets, not other colorspace. (of RGB-Full if you like).

As standalone device it can't generate HDR10 patterns since its HDMI 1.4.

But at the output of Raspberry is you connect an HD Fury device as HDR10 metadata/AVI infoframe injection device then you will be able to convert the RGB-Video SDR to RGB-Video HDR10 patterns.

But there no HD Fury device right now which is working when you will direct operate it from inside CalMAN. At past it was supported the HDFury Intergral (1), but the last time it worked, it has before a software release update of CalMAN @ August 2017 with HD Fury Integral (1).

But you can use the HD Fury GUI utility with any HD Fury device to add the metadata manually.

You 'virtually' connect from inside CalMAN the AVTOPcontroller, and from there it will generate for you the metadata/infoframe and later you import them to HD Fury GUI.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page