Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD
PGenerator + HD Fury Device = HDR10 RGB-Video Patch Generation
For users who want to generate bit-perfect HDR10 patch generation for their HDR10 calibration, using PGenerator which is bit-perfect with RGB output combined with an HD Fury device (for metatadata/avi injection) can be used.
Using the HD Fury GUI, the user has to add to custom HDR10 Metadata (Tick always to send REC.2020 flag):
Custom Metadata (0.005 Black / 1000 nits Peak): 87:01:1a:74:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:e8:03:32:00:e8:03:90:01
Custom Metadata (0.005 Black / 4000 nits Peak): 87:01:1a:b0:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:a0:0f:32:00:e8:03:90:01
About AVI InfoFrame, usually users get the code for AVI from AVTopController panel of CalMAN but the problem with latest display models is that they require the complete header to able to provide the correct color output.
Since there no selection in CalMAN for AVTopController for the output resolution/frame rate the user will use (its not complete code with header also), for that reason you have to modify the AVI Infoframe according to the resolution you will use:
82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:10:00:00:00 for 1080p60 RGB (VIC 16 is the decimal code for 1080p60)
82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:20:00:00:00 for 1080p24 RGB (VIC 32 is the decimal code for 1080p24)
82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:5D:00:00:00 for 2160p24 RGB (VIC 93 is the decimal code for 2160p24)
82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:51:00:00:00 for 2160p60 RGB (VIC 97 is the decimal code for 2160p60)
If the user will use the 'short AVI code' without header which CalMAN generates, while the patterns will be HDR10, the gamut readings will be totally wrong with high under-saturation of colors.
Thanks for posting this Ted.
I managed to pick up a pre-owned Linker for what I think is cheap and wanted to not only make sure it works as it should but, also fancy having a go at calibrating for the HDR sources on my Panasonic. As such, I just wanted to confirm a few points.
TPG will be an RPi initially used with Lightspace.
1. What EDID do I use?
2. Where do I enter the custom metadata? I'm assuming: HDR / AVI > CUSTOM HDR INJECTION and tick 'Enable custom HDR'.
3. Where do I enter the AVI Infoframe code? I'm assuming: HDR / AVI > CUSTOM AVI and tick 'Enable custom AVI'.
4. HDR / AVI is also where I tick the 'Forced On' box for BT.2020 OUT?
5. Do I select 'SCALING MODE' 'UP'?
6. Do I still need to set Lightspace to output a limited RGB range?
7. I believe 1 through 5 will be the same when using the Linker with a AVFoundry VideoForge Classic and/ or CalMAN Home for Panasonic?
Thanks in advance,