The cheap Test Pattern Generators accuracy thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 357Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #601 of 632 Old 06-08-2020, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anger.miki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgminder View Post
I'm sorry if this has been answered already on this thread, but is the Amazon Fire TV Cube with LS Connect bit perfect? If so, would introducing an HDFury Integral in between the Fire TV Cube and the TV allow me to do bit perfect HDR calibration from Calman?
Unfortunately, I never had the chance to put my hands on a Fire TV cube. But, if it has the same graphic chip of the full HD stick, then it's RGB output is bit perfect.

T.U.C. Master | TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP,, ColourSpace HTX, CM Enthusiast, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: Klein K10-A, Jeti spectraval 1501, X-Rite i1 Display Pro OEM Rev. B-02 | Test Pattern Generator: Riccardo Biasiotto’s PGenerator (RPi)
Anger.miki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 632 Old 06-09-2020, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
 
jgminder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
PGenerator + HD Fury Device = HDR10 RGB-Video Patch Generation

For users who want to generate bit-perfect HDR10 patch generation for their HDR10 calibration, using PGenerator which is bit-perfect with RGB output combined with an HD Fury device (for metatadata/avi injection) can be used.

Using the HD Fury GUI, the user has to add to custom HDR10 Metadata (Tick always to send REC.2020 flag):

Custom Metadata (0.005 Black / 1000 nits Peak): 87:01:1a:74:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:e8:03:32:00:e8:03:90:01

or

Custom Metadata (0.005 Black / 4000 nits Peak): 87:01:1a:b0:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:a0:0f:32:00:e8:03:90:01

About AVI InfoFrame, usually users get the code for AVI from AVTopController panel of CalMAN but the problem with latest display models is that they require the complete header to able to provide the correct color output.

Since there no selection in CalMAN for AVTopController for the output resolution/frame rate the user will use (its not complete code with header also), for that reason you have to modify the AVI Infoframe according to the resolution you will use:

82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:10:00:00:00 for 1080p60 RGB (VIC 16 is the decimal code for 1080p60)

82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:20:00:00:00 for 1080p24 RGB (VIC 32 is the decimal code for 1080p24)

82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:5D:00:00:00 for 2160p24 RGB (VIC 93 is the decimal code for 2160p24)

82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:51:00:00:00 for 2160p60 RGB (VIC 97 is the decimal code for 2160p60)

If the user will use the 'short AVI code' without header which CalMAN generates, while the patterns will be HDR10, the gamut readings will be totally wrong with high under-saturation of colors.
@ConnecTEDDD , Thank you for posting this. I just got an HDFury Integral and was trying to use my PC with Calman/HCFR to generate patterns and the readings were just all wrong. It turns out I was missing the complete header for the AVI Infoframe as this post detailed. Now the readings I'm getting (for grayscale at least, still checking the rest) are matching up to R. Masciola's HDR10 test pattern readings.
mrtickleuk likes this.
jgminder is offline  
post #603 of 632 Old 06-09-2020, 05:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I have the rpi PGenerator on the default of RGB Full. I set in Calman video levels 16-235. On my Samsung tv which HDMI black level should I have it set to? Auto? Auto and Normal appear to be the same so I believe this is what the PGenerator is outputting vs Low based on one of the inital calibration patterns brightness on the PGenerator device control (the one with 48 levels). Auto and Normal show almost all of the squares vs low which shows bottom one or 2 rows.
Mhall2018 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #604 of 632 Old 06-09-2020, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,267
Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1989 Post(s)
Liked: 2577
The cheap Test Pattern Generators accuracy thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhall2018 View Post
So I have the rpi PGenerator on the default of RGB Full. I set in Calman video levels 16-235. On my Samsung tv which HDMI black level should I have it set to? Auto? Auto and Normal appear to be the same so I believe this is what the PGenerator is outputting vs Low based on one of the inital calibration patterns brightness on the PGenerator device control (the one with 48 levels). Auto and Normal show almost all of the squares vs low which shows bottom one or 2 rows.

Low.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - Portrait Displays/Calman
WiFi-Spy is online now  
post #605 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
jgminder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Can the HDFury Integral take the incoming signal from a PC and convert it to BT.2020? The reason I'm asking is I have the HDFury Integral in between my laptop and the TV in order to inject the HDR metadata and that's working just fine for grayscale because it's a separate section of the TV to enter the measurements (White Balance). However, for color, the signal maps to BT.709 color space and that's what the TV recognizes. So all adjustments by Calman Home for Samsung will map to that colorspace and not BT.2020. I suspect I'd have the same problem if PGenerator is the source. I'm calibrating a Samsung Q70R.

Last edited by jgminder; 06-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.
jgminder is offline  
post #606 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,845
Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3505 Post(s)
Liked: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgminder View Post
Can the HDFury Integral take the incoming signal from a PC and convert it to BT.2020? The reason I'm asking is I have the HDFury Integral in between my laptop and the TV in order to inject the HDR metadata and that's working just fine for grayscale because it's a separate section of the TV to enter the measurements (White Balance). However, for color, the signal maps to BT.709 color space and that's what the TV recognizes. So all adjustments by Calman Home for Samsung will map to that colorspace and not BT.2020. I suspect I'd have the same problem if PGenerator is the source. I'm calibrating a Samsung Q70R.
Hi, use the HD Fury GUI to input the codes, when you are using PGenerator.

HDFury Integral via the Top Port if you have a serial starting in 02 or bottom port if your serial starting with 01.

I see to the codes I have posted, they have an additional 'space', in HDR metadata between ':' and '3'.

Remove that space or use these:

P3 Primaries, 0.005 Black / 1000 nits Peak / 1000 MaxCLL / 400 MaxFALL

87:01:1a:74:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:e8:03:32:00:e8:03:90:01

P3 Primaries, 0.005 Black / 4000 nits Peak / 1000 MaxCLL / 400 MaxFALL

87:01:1a:b0:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:a0:0f:32:00:e8:03:90:01

Custom AVI InfoFrame:

82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:20:00:00:00 for 1080p24 RGB

Configure the PGenerator to output RGB-Data and 24 Hz.

RGB-Data is the only bit-perfect output of the device.

HD Fury will only inject metadata,AVI and add flag for REC.2020, it will not convert any signal to YCbCr 2020, it will pass the RGB signal untouched to your TV.

It will pass the 1080p24 RGB signal untouched to your TV.

But be sure your TV is configured to expect video signal from the HDMI Input. (not Auto)

For LightSpace/ColourSpace, use patchscale 16-235 for HDR10, while for CalMAN configure as video levels.

When something is wrong with HD Fury settings, it will trigger HDR, but the gamut will be REC.709.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #607 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 4,834
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1505 Post(s)
Liked: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, use the HD Fury GUI to input the codes, when you are using PGenerator.

HDFury Integral via the Top Port if you have a serial starting in 02 or bottom port if your serial starting with 01.

I see to the codes I have posted, they have an additional 'space', in HDR metadata between ':' and '3'.

Remove that space or use these:

P3 Primaries, 0.005 Black / 1000 nits Peak / 1000 MaxCLL / 400 MaxFALL

87:01:1a:74:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:e8:03:32:00:e8:03:90:01

P3 Primaries, 0.005 Black / 4000 nits Peak / 1000 MaxCLL / 400 MaxFALL

87:01:1a:b0:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:a0:0f:32:00:e8:03:90:01

Custom AVI InfoFrame:

82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:20:00:00:00 for 1080p24 RGB

Configure the PGenerator to output RGB-Data and 24 Hz.

RGB-Data is the only bit-perfect output of the device.

HD Fury will only inject metadata,AVI and add flag for REC.2020, it will not convert any signal to YCbCr 2020, it will pass the RGB signal untouched to your TV.

It will pass the 1080p24 RGB signal untouched to your TV.

But be sure your TV is configured to expect video signal from the HDMI Input. (not Auto)

For LightSpace/ColourSpace, use patchscale 16-235 for HDR10, while for CalMAN configure as video levels.

When something is wrong with HD Fury settings, it will trigger HDR, but the gamut will be REC.709.
Hmm. When reading your post above, Ted, a space appears between the "80" and ":3e" on both of the P3 Primary lines. I don't think they should be there. Weird. Must be something to do with the forum text formatting.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is online now  
post #608 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,845
Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3505 Post(s)
Liked: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Hmm. When reading your post above, Ted, a space appears between the "80" and ":3e" on both of the P3 Primary lines. I don't think they should be there. Weird. Must be something to do with the forum text formatting.
It seems that problem is somewhere to the form.

Even to my new post, the 'added' space is still there...

When I press to edit the post, space disappears.

Users have to remove the extra space manually.
Rolls-Royce and mrtickleuk like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 06-10-2020 at 04:04 PM.
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #609 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
jgminder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
It seems that problem is somewhere to the form.

Even to my new post, the 'added' space is still there...

When I press to edit the post, space disappears.

Users have to remove the extra space manually.
I think I have everything set up correctly. Here are my strings:
87:01:1a:74:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:e8:03:32:00:e8:03:90:01 (There is no space in the string. It's inserted via the the post of the message.)

82:02:0d:ae:00:e8:64:51:00:00:00:00:00

Screenshots of HDFury Integral configuration are below. I've made sure my PC is outputting [email protected] My Samsung Q70R still reports BT.709 as the Color Gamut. Perhaps it's the PC and I need to try a PGenerator (which I don't have) or maybe try this out on a Fire TV Cube (which I do have.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-10.png
Views:	46
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2740118   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-10 (2).png
Views:	46
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	2740120   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-10 (1).png
Views:	45
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2740122   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-10 (5).png
Views:	44
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	2740126  
jgminder is offline  
post #610 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,845
Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3505 Post(s)
Liked: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgminder View Post
Screenshots of HDFury Integral configuration are below. I've made sure my PC is outputting [email protected] My Samsung Q70R still reports BT.709 as the Color Gamut.
Try using Fixed EDID with Audio replaced from jack.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #611 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 05:13 PM
Senior Member
 
jgminder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Try using Fixed EDID with Audio replaced from jack.
I've tried that already. I moved to Automix from that just to see if that would work. I just used my FireTV Cube instead of the PC and my Samsung TV reports BT.2020 correctly through that device so I'm pretty sure it's the laptop HDMI at this point so I'm guessing I need to move to an RPi PGenerator or Lightspace Connect on the FireTV (but this hasn't been verified as bit perfect.)
jgminder is offline  
post #612 of 632 Old 06-10-2020, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,845
Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3505 Post(s)
Liked: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgminder View Post
I've tried that already. I moved to Automix from that just to see if that would work. I just used my FireTV Cube instead of the PC and my Samsung TV reports BT.2020 correctly through that device so I'm pretty sure it's the laptop HDMI at this point so I'm guessing I need to move to an RPi PGenerator or Lightspace Connect on the FireTV (but this hasn't been verified as bit perfect.)
Use PGenerator with the posted settings.
mrtickleuk likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #613 of 632 Old 06-11-2020, 12:20 PM
Member
 
alfred67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhall2018 View Post
So I have the rpi PGenerator on the default of RGB Full. I set in Calman video levels 16-235. On my Samsung tv which HDMI black level should I have it set to? Auto? Auto and Normal appear to be the same so I believe this is what the PGenerator is outputting vs Low based on one of the inital calibration patterns brightness on the PGenerator device control (the one with 48 levels). Auto and Normal show almost all of the squares vs low which shows bottom one or 2 rows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Low.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you set Calman video levels to 0-255 then pick "normal" for HDMI black level??

Thanks
alfred67 is offline  
post #614 of 632 Old 06-11-2020, 05:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
After setting HDMI Black Level to Low I ran the meter profile and calibration again. Much happier with the results on the Color Checker Classic even Pre Cal.

I wanted to see how the apps on the tv tested. So tonight I found the Ted's Disk CalMAN: Color Checker Classic on Youtube. I compared that to another set of readings from the PGenerator to verify the meter profile on the i1display was good. It didn't test as well. I have the picture settings set to "all sources" but there must be something going on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calccc.png
Views:	57
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	2740666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Color Checker Classic.png
Views:	54
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	2740670  

Last edited by Mhall2018; 06-11-2020 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Removed URLs
Mhall2018 is offline  
post #615 of 632 Old 06-12-2020, 01:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,845
Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3505 Post(s)
Liked: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhall2018 View Post
After setting HDMI Black Level to Low I ran the meter profile and calibration again. Much happier with the results on the Color Checker Classic even Pre Cal.

I wanted to see how the apps on the tv tested. So tonight I found the Ted's Disk CalMAN: Color Checker Classic on Youtube. I compared that to another set of readings from the PGenerator to verify the meter profile on the i1display was good. It didn't test as well. I have the picture settings set to "all sources" but there must be something going on.
Hi,

The YouTube videos of Ted's disk are there only for demonstration of the features of the calibration disk.

I don't recommend any user to use them for any calibration.

YouTube re-encodes any uploaded video to use their compression methods.

This procedure will not keep the patches' original values, and it will shift the digital levels, adding digital errors.

Since you want to measure using the ColorChecker Classic color sequence, you can download the free version of the disk.

It will contain that ColorChecker Classic chapter (MP4/MKV) for CalMAN, and then load it to your player/TV USB or stream it from your home network.
mrtickleuk likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #616 of 632 Old 06-12-2020, 04:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wishful thinking I guess. I did download the free version already. I’ll have to check it out with the usb input.
Mhall2018 is offline  
post #617 of 632 Old 06-17-2020, 11:43 PM
Member
 
lordvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick question - if I'm calibrating for bt.709, i can use pgenerator without the hdfury device in the chain?
lordvader is online now  
post #618 of 632 Old 06-18-2020, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Anger.miki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Of course. Actually, that would be the best way to use it for SDR calibration.

T.U.C. Master | TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP,, ColourSpace HTX, CM Enthusiast, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: Klein K10-A, Jeti spectraval 1501, X-Rite i1 Display Pro OEM Rev. B-02 | Test Pattern Generator: Riccardo Biasiotto’s PGenerator (RPi)
Anger.miki is offline  
post #619 of 632 Old 06-22-2020, 11:11 AM
CFC
Advanced Member
 
CFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hey all,


I'm not very familiar with HDFury products.
When referring to the HDFury Integral to inject HDR10 metadata, would this be all I need to pair with PGenerator? --> https://www.hdfury.com/product/integ...60-420-300mhz/
Is there a more appropriate, or even cheaper device if all I need is said metadata injection?

Thanks,
CFC

Signature goes here
CFC is online now  
post #620 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
BJBBJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC View Post
Hey all,


I'm not very familiar with HDFury products.
When referring to the HDFury Integral to inject HDR10 metadata, would this be all I need to pair with PGenerator? --> https://www.hdfury.com/product/integ...60-420-300mhz/
Is there a more appropriate, or even cheaper device if all I need is said metadata injection?

Thanks,
CFC
I was told to and got an HDFury Linker (older version) to pair with my DVDO TPG signal generator and Calman to inject HDR10 metadata into my Sony XBR-75X940D. I have done many 1080P calibrations over the years but was never able to get the full recipe and steps to use the HDFury Linker to do an HDR calibration. On my list to figure out. And probably by then Calman will have finished moving on from us enthusiasts and I will have a new TV!

Perhaps someone else can provide you, and me, more details.
BJBBJB
BJBBJB is offline  
post #621 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 10:52 AM
CFC
Advanced Member
 
CFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBBJB View Post
I was told to and got an HDFury Linker (older version) to pair with my DVDO TPG signal generator and Calman to inject HDR10 metadata into my Sony XBR-75X940D. I have done many 1080P calibrations over the years but was never able to get the full recipe and steps to use the HDFury Linker to do an HDR calibration. On my list to figure out. And probably by then Calman will have finished moving on from us enthusiasts and I will have a new TV!

Perhaps someone else can provide you, and me, more details.
BJBBJB
I ended up purchasing the HDFury Integral from Amazon.
With the help of @jgminder and @mrtickleuk , I was able to get it to inject HDR10 with BT.2020 colors InfoFrame/AVI to a RPi PGenerator signal.
My configuration is RPi --> HDFury --> Denon AVR --> Vizio P75-F1. I'm using the top port for both the HDFury input and output.
The main thing I was missing, was that I did NOT need to add a header to the AVI option.
So for my metadata I went with:
Code:
(0.005 Black / 1000 nits Peak): 87:01:1a:74:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80:3e:13:3d:42:40:e8:03:32:00:e8:03:90:01
and for the AVI:
Code:
00:E8:64:20:00:00:00 for 1080p24 RGB
The RPi is outputting RGB full at 24p.
The physical audio switch on the HDFury Integral is set to JACK as recommended by the manual for continuous InfoFrame injection.
I've attached the screenshots of my configuration.
It's working properly:Click image for larger version

Name:	BT.2020.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	2750262
One thing I haven't quite been able to figure out is how to get it to inject the InfoFrame/AVI unattended. I have to use the Windows GUI to get it to inject and switch to BT.2020. Meaning, I have to click on the "Send IF" and "Send AVI" buttons, I can't just power it up with it's power supply and be off running.

Hope that helps,
CFC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDFury Integral HDR-IF Tab.png
Views:	44
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	2750272   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDFury Integral EDID Tab.png
Views:	41
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	2750274   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDFury Integral Config Tab.png
Views:	40
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2750276  

Signature goes here

Last edited by CFC; 06-28-2020 at 10:58 AM.
CFC is online now  
post #622 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
BJBBJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBBJB View Post
I was told to and got an HDFury Linker (older version) to pair with my DVDO TPG signal generator and Calman to inject HDR10 metadata into my Sony XBR-75X940D. I have done many 1080P calibrations over the years but was never able to get the full recipe and steps to use the HDFury Linker to do an HDR calibration. On my list to figure out. And probably by then Calman will have finished moving on from us enthusiasts and I will have a new TV!

Perhaps someone else can provide you, and me, more details.
BJBBJB
I ended up purchasing the HDFury Integral from Amazon.
With the help of @jgminder and @mrtickleuk , I was able to get it to inject HDR10 with BT.2020 colors InfoFrame/AVI to a RPi PGenerator signal.
My configuration is RPi --> HDFury --> Denon AVR --> Vizio P75-F1. I'm using the top port for both the HDFury input and output.
The main thing I was missing, was that I did NOT need to add a header to the AVI option.
So for my metadata I went with:
Code:
(0.005 Black / 1000 nits Peak): 87:01:1a:74:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80:3e:13:3d:42:40:e8:03:32:00:e8:03:90:01
and for the AVI:
Code:
00:E8:64:20:00:00:00 for 1080p24 RGB
The RPi is outputting RGB full at 24p.
The physical audio switch on the HDFury Integral is set to JACK as recommended by the manual for continuous InfoFrame injection.
I've attached the screenshots of my configuration.
It's working properly:Attachment 2750262
One thing I haven't quite been able to figure out is how to get it to inject the InfoFrame/AVI unattended. I have to use the Windows GUI to get it to inject and switch to BT.2020. Meaning, I have to click on the "Send IF" and "Send AVI" buttons, I can't just power it up with it's power supply and be off running.

Hope that helps,
CFC
@CF ,
Thanks so much for that! I just need it to stay triggered during a Calman calibration run so perhaps this will work.

Thanks,
BJBBJB
BJBBJB is offline  
post #623 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaGamePimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,469
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBBJB View Post
@CF ,
Thanks so much for that! I just need it to stay triggered during a Calman calibration run so perhaps this will work.

Thanks,
BJBBJB
You may be using an older version of Calman (so this would not apply) but if you are using a more recent version of Calman the Calman software can control the Integral (after changing a few settings on the Integral), there is no need to manually enter the IF/AVI data.

Not sure if that applies here, best of luck.

- Jason

HT = Epson 5050ub @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Sony x800 / Panasonic UB820 VOTE BLUE
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON

Last edited by DaGamePimp; 06-28-2020 at 11:54 PM.
DaGamePimp is offline  
post #624 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 4,834
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1505 Post(s)
Liked: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
You may be using an older version of Calman (so this would not apply) but if you are using a more recent version of Calman the Calman software can control the Integral (after changing a few settings on the Integral), there is no need to manually enter the IF/AVI data.

Not sure it that applies here, best of luck.

- Jason
A change to the USB driver needed, in order to accommodate an additional brand of spectrophotometer, knocked out CalMAN's ability to directly control the Integral, and I don't know if this was ever addressed. If he's got the GUI setup working correctly, best he stick with that.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is online now  
post #625 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
BJBBJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBBJB View Post
@CF ,
Thanks so much for that! I just need it to stay triggered during a Calman calibration run so perhaps this will work.

Thanks,
BJBBJB
You may be using an older version of Calman (so this would not apply) but if you are using a more recent version of Calman the Calman software can control the Integral (after changing a few settings on the Integral), there is no need to manually enter the IF/AVI data.

Not sure it that applies here, best of luck.

- Jason
Jason,
Thnaks. Yes I am on most current version of Calman Enthusiast (while it still exists a bit longer). I will have to look into changes there as to insertion. In past, I know a string had to be pasted in somewhere but been a while since I looked at. Don't want to go too far off thread topic, sensitive to that.

BJBBJB
BJBBJB is offline  
post #626 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 03:57 PM
Member
 
lordvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBBJB View Post
@CF ,
Thanks so much for that! I just need it to stay triggered during a Calman calibration run so perhaps this will work.

Thanks,
BJBBJB
Does that mean I need to click those send buttons each time? Or just leave it connected to the hdfury app?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
lordvader is online now  
post #627 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaGamePimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,469
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
A change to the USB driver needed, in order to accommodate an additional brand of spectrophotometer, knocked out CalMAN's ability to directly control the Integral, and I don't know if this was ever addressed. If he's got the GUI setup working correctly, best he stick with that.
Ah, I had not heard of that issue. I have a Spyder, i1Dpro, i1Pro and have not had any issues with the Integral under Calman.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBBJB View Post
Jason,
Thnaks. Yes I am on most current version of Calman Enthusiast (while it still exists a bit longer). I will have to look into changes there as to insertion. In past, I know a string had to be pasted in somewhere but been a while since I looked at. Don't want to go too far off thread topic, sensitive to that.

BJBBJB
I have the older version of Enthusiast (when v4 was the thing) and the latest 2020 Home release so I am not sure if the Integral function is the same for the most up to date Enthusiast release.

Hope you get it sorted.

- Jason

HT = Epson 5050ub @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Sony x800 / Panasonic UB820 VOTE BLUE
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON
DaGamePimp is offline  
post #628 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 4,834
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1505 Post(s)
Liked: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
Ah, I had not heard of that issue. I have a Spyder, i1Dpro, i1Pro and have not had any issues with the Integral under Calman.

- Jason
Yep. It was being discussed here some months ago, along with the fact that CalMAN could not at the time control any other of the HDFury components due to their having different SDKs from the original Integral. It's possible that the driver issue has since been corrected.
DaGamePimp likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is online now  
post #629 of 632 Old 06-28-2020, 05:27 PM
CFC
Advanced Member
 
CFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
Does that mean I need to click those send buttons each time? Or just leave it connected to the hdfury app?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
In my situation, I only need to click the send button once and HDR/BT.2020 remains throughout the whole time the HDFury Integral is powered on.
If I power it down, then the only way I've figured out to get HDR and BT.2020 back next time it's powered back is to again click the send button.


CFC

Signature goes here
CFC is online now  
post #630 of 632 Old 07-08-2020, 03:57 AM
Member
 
lordvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,
So I'm having trouble calibrating my FZ950. My workflow is using Calman Home for Panasonic, with PGenerator, and a HDFury Integral.
I was able to do an SDR calibration just fine, but HDR just doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if it's due to my setting up the HDFury incorrectly, or some other factor.
I'm using 87:01:1a:b0:02:00:c2:33:c4:86:4c:1d:b8:0b:d0:84:80 :3e:13:3d:42:40:a0:0f:32:00:e8:03:90:01 for the metadata, and 82:02:0D:AE:00:E8:64:20:00:00:00 for AVI.
The TV does report 1080p HDR - so I'm assuming the HDFury is working.
The FZ950 under HDMI settings has the RGB range set to FULL (options are Auto|Full|Normal).




I've attached a pre and post cal image, and both look pretty bad. As you can see, the RBG balance looks good, but luminance is way off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-08 194003.png
Views:	47
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	2754662  
lordvader is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off