Updating VideoForge Pro Firmware Rev1.01 to ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rayjr
  • 1 Post By ConnecTEDDD
  • 1 Post By Rayjr
  • 1 Post By RetiredandLovingIt

post #1 of 7 Old 12-08-2018, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Updating VideoForge Pro Firmware Rev1.01 to ?

I could not find a specific thread covering the VideoForge Pro. If I did, please direct me to it if my issue is covered there. Thank you.

I for the life of me cannot get my unit to update its firmware. I bought the VideoForge Pro when I had a Panasonic VT50 but stopped calibrating when I got the Sony Z9D several years ago. The firmware version on the unit I have appears to be Rev1.01. I am trying to update it to 1.7(?) but cannot get the unit to find the Com Port that Windows 10 Device Manager is showing, Com Port 3 in this case. When I check the details for the Com Port, it shows the Manufacturer as FTDI and says "This defice is working properly". But, when I run the SG20 FIRWARE UPDATING TOOL and enter Com3 and select the Search Signal Generator button, the light remains red. It does not turn to yellow as the instructions says it should.

If anyone can provide some advice and/or guidance it would be much appreciated. Now that CalMAN will soon be calibrating the Z9D in auto mode, I would like to start trying my hand at calibrating again.

Thanks much.

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-08-2018, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredandLovingIt View Post
I bought the VideoForge Pro when I had a Panasonic VT50 but stopped calibrating when I got the Sony Z9D several years ago.
My guess would be that you have the VideoForge Classic or HDMI.....NOT the VideoForge Pro.
The VideoForge Pro is the newer 4k gen that just came out about a year ago.

Hope this helps.
RayJr
RetiredandLovingIt likes this.

Last edited by Rayjr; 12-09-2018 at 06:27 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-09-2018, 02:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2921 Post(s)
Liked: 3569
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredandLovingIt View Post
When I check the details for the Com Port, it shows the Manufacturer as FTDI and says "This defice is working properly". But, when I run the SG20 FIRWARE UPDATING TOOL and enter Com3 and select the Search Signal Generator button, the light remains red. It does not turn to yellow as the instructions says it should.
Hi, try to download and install the CalMAN Device Driver Pack 2.4, then the latest VCP (FTDI drivers, Virtual COM->USB) drivers for Windows 10 from here.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-09-2018, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr View Post
My guess would be that you have the VideoForge Classic or HDMI.....NOT the VideoForge Pro.
The VideoForge Pro is the newer 4k gen that just came out about a year ago.

Hope this helps.
RayJr

Appreciate the help but believe I had a "senior moment" last night when I mentioned how long ago I got the VideoForge. I of course could be wrong, but the face of the unit says "VideoForge PRO" and "VF PRO" on the face. Also, on the top row of buttons it has one labeled 4K so I think I am good in that regards.

Thanks again for the input.

Spoiler!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-09-2018, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
OK...I was just working off the info you offered.

Now Ted's answer may be better suited
post #6 of 7 Old 12-09-2018, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, try to download and install the CalMAN Device Driver Pack 2.4, then the latest VCP (FTDI drivers, Virtual COM->USB) drivers for Windows 10 from here.

Hi Ted, good to see you again. I've been away for a while.

Still no luck with updating the firmware. Wish they could have made it a bit simpler. The interesting thing is the CalMAN has no problem finding it on Com3. When I do the FTDI drivers you game me above, it says there is no need to install because the most current drivers are already being used. So I guess that was not the issue. Do I have to update the firmware to 1.7 to get it to work with the new Sony Bravia workflow?

I must be doing something wrong but just can't figure it out.

Takes for trying.

Spoiler!
post #7 of 7 Old 12-09-2018, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr View Post
OK...I was just working off the info you offered.

Now Ted's answer may be better suited

Guys, I was just able to update the firmware to Rev1.07 because I finally read the setup instructions correctly. The problem I was having was that the instructions say "4. Connection is successful when the light is red, as shown below." The word "red" is yellow on my copy and hard to read, so I was looking at the picture and that light is yellow! So I have been thinking all along that the red light I was getting was wrong when in fact it was correct. Feel like and idiot, which is not new for me.

Sorry for the mixup. I am now ready to give it a try. I really did have a "senior" moment.

Thank you very much for your time and effort!!
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Spoiler!

Last edited by RetiredandLovingIt; 12-09-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page