Philips 65PUS7803 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-17-2019, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Philips 65PUS7803 65

Hi everyone! I need to help calibration to this tv picture settings day, night, movie, and game settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-01-2019, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Same here!
post #3 of 3 Old 04-03-2019, 02:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3545
Hi guys,

If you are interested to improve your display picture, you have to spend some time reading about calibration

Calibration is not working with sharing settings, each display (even if its same brand/model) is different (so parametric settings are different per set) and to calibrate it you need specific patterns (if you don't have plans to use meters) or ideally meters/software and how to use them to be able to calibrate it completely.

Panels are different per manufactured factory, region, manufacture date, there is ranking of panel's (grade A, A-, B+ etc..) different electronics are used periodically, differences over firmware around the world etc.

There some stuff which can be performed only by using a calibration disk, see there: What is the best calibration disk???

The next step to performing a complete calibration is by getting and using a colorimeter and start with a free calibration software, see there for more details.

(just ignore using blue filter glasses methods, its useless, see there for more details)

Here are some images I have designed to showcase what you are checking when are you looking to some basic patterns using an RGB Cube Space presentation (below pictures are examples of general calibration patterns what they are doing, when you see them to other calibration disk also):

Using the Contrast Flashing Bars Pattern, you are checking this area:

Using the Advanced Contrast Flashing Bars Pattern, you are checking additionally the RGBCMY also:

Using the 7-Color Clipping Bars Pattern to prevent clipping of each color channel (WRGBCMY), you can check to see if your colors luminance are OK, and not clipping (without meter...if you see clipping then you reduce the color slider -1 for example, or more if required, sometimes removing contrast can help also), when this is OK then you can start performing color gamut calibration (with meters) using for example 100% Saturation and 75% Stimulus levels patterns, starting from doing the primary colors (R,G,B) and then moving to secondary colors (C,M,Y), you are checking these areas:

To evaluate your near black details to prevent clipping or lifted levels with Brightness Flashing Bars or Advanced Brightness Flashing Bars:

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page