Advice on settings to set on my Oppo BD player & TV before display calibration? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-03-2019, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Advice on settings to set on my Oppo BD player & TV before display calibration?

Hihi,

I recently purchased Chromapure basic package and a X-Rite EyeOne Display 3 PRO to calibrate my display recently and need some help.

I'm using LG OLED C7 as my display.

I use an OPPO 203 BD player (connected directly to my TV's HDMI IN) to play ALL movies via BD disc or USB HDD. No gaming at all.

I am aware that my LG TV has few settings that i need to take note of before calibration.
A) HDMI Ultra HD Deep colour - ON/ OFF
B) BLACK level = LOW (which corresponds to 16-235)/ HIGH (which corresponds to FULL RGB till 255)

My video path now for calibration:

Laptop's NVIDIA GPU HDMI OUT (setting: "use the video player setting") >> connected to Oppo BD player's HDMI-IN via HDMI cable >> Oppo BD player's HDMI-OUT connected to LG OLED's HDMI IN.

Few questions that need help:

1) If I am calibrating for SDR, what do i select for (A) and (B) on my LG TV?

2) If I am calibrating for HDR, what do i select for (A) and (B) on my LG TV? And I assume i have to turn off DYNAMIC CONTRAST too before HDR calibration? And turn it on thereafter?

3) Oppo BD player - is Color Space = AUTO correct setting for calibration?

4) Is my setting on my NVIDIA GPU correct - ie. to use "use the video player setting"?

Thanks! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 78
post #3 of 3 Old 04-06-2019, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 138
http://watershade.net/wmcclain/UDP-203-faq.html
http://watershade.net/wmcclain/UDP-2...Checklist.html
Plus there was a recent change about Dolby Vision protocol in the last firmware update. This was posted by an owner-“This was the response from Oppo when I emailed them in regards to my Dolby Vision problems. There's a new Dolby Vision protocol that was implemented in the latest official firmware. The Auto setting in Dolby Vision Processing uses the older protocol for TVs or receivers that has not implemented the new changes. The TV-led setting uses the new protocol and if your TV has been updated to the new protocol (which sounds like it has), it will not work with Auto and you will have to use the TV-led setting." Just in case you have any problems.

EQUIPMENT:LG OLED77C8PUA (ISF calibrated by Jeff Meier)-OPPO BDP-203 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Marantz 7703 Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-Outlaw Model 5000 amplifier-2 Mythos 4-1 Mythos 8-2 Mythos BPX-2 NHT Super Zeros-4 SVS Prime Elevation speakers-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Elite-Xbox One S-Roku Ultra streaming player

Last edited by Jbhur212; 04-06-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page