i1 Display Pro is not working with Calman Home - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rolls-Royce

post #1 of 3 Old 04-11-2019, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i1 Display Pro is not working with Calman Home

Hi everyone.

2 year ago, i had bought an i1 Display Pro, Colormunki Design and Calman Home Enthusiast and they operated well. Unfortunately, i lost my i1 and i had to bought another one on BHphoto, but this one is not detected by Calman. Everytime i open Calman, it shows me a error: Meter or Source device is not supported:Cal.CalIO.ContextManager

This is the version of my i1:

I checked Window's Device Manager and HWinfo and my i1 appears exactly like what Calman describes in their Device Driver Setup Guide: a USB Input Device.

I mailed to Calman's support and X-rite's support but they didn't know what caused that error. In addition, Calman can still detect my Colormunki. I'm using Window 10 Pro ver 1903 build 18362.53 and Calman Home Enthusiast 5.9.2.59.

Have anyone had solve this problem ? Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-11-2019, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
Did you install the X-Rite factory software? If so, you will have to turn off the X-Rite Device Services Manager. Right-click "This PC". Select "Manage" > "Services and Applications" > "Services". The X-Rite service'll be down at the bottom of the list.
Your meter's part number and serial number also concern me. It appears to be an OEM meter made for ASUS, and the serial number doesn't follow the conventions known to be used by X-Rite:
I1-XX.X-XX.XXXXXX.XX for Retail meters, or
OE-XX.X-XX.XXXXXX.XX for OEM units
I'm wondering if it is locked to an ASUS product, and that is why it isn't being picked up by CalMAN.
chunon likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 04-11-2019 at 03:33 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-11-2019, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Did you install the X-Rite factory software? If so, you will have to turn off the X-Rite Device Services Manager. Right-click "This PC". Select "Manage" > "Services and Applications" > "Services". The X-Rite service'll be down at the bottom of the list.
Your meter's part number and serial number also concern me. It appears to be an OEM meter made for ASUS, and the serial number doesn't follow the conventions known to be used by X-Rite:
I1-XX.X-XX.XXXXXX.XX for Retail meters, or
OE-XX.X-XX.XXXXXX.XX for OEM units
I'm wondering if it is locked to an ASUS product, and that is why it isn't being picked up by CalMAN.
Hi Rolls-Royce. I have disabled X-rite Device Services Manager in "Services", it doesn't help.

i will send the part number to X-rite's support to check your guess. Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
calibration , calman , error , help please , xrite

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page