Calibration Questions For HDR Newb - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2019, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Calibration Questions For HDR Newb

Ok, I have a vizio e series 43" HDR tv. This is the first tv with HDR I've owned. I want to know if, 1 - Will rec709 calibrate separately from HDR on this tv? and 2 - can someone tell me a pretty straight forward way to calibrate HDR? I want to make sure I have it set up properly. I've been looking around and feel a little confused with the HDR calibration portion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-14-2019, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby5 View Post
Ok, I have a vizio e series 43" HDR tv. This is the first tv with HDR I've owned. I want to know if, 1 - Will rec709 calibrate separately from HDR on this tv? and 2 - can someone tell me a pretty straight forward way to calibrate HDR? I want to make sure I have it set up properly. I've been looking around and feel a little confused with the HDR calibration portion.
I also own an E series Vizio and to answer your question(s) yes, you will need to do two separate calibrations. One for SDR (2.4 gamma and Rec709) and the other for HDR (BT2084 gamma and BT2020 color space). THe best advice I can give to calibrate for HDR is to watch Calman HDR tutorials on youtube. Standard calibration is pretty straightforward. Start with going to rtings.com and look up your model number to get the basic settings of what to turn off and leave on. This will help speed up the process and minimize errors when you do calibrate. You will need a pattern generator that kicks the tv into HDR mode. It will do this on top of whatever mode the tv is already in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page