CalMAN Home for Samsung - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #91 of 92 Old 07-05-2019, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just to Clarify...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motociclao View Post
The trick was to change gamma to -3, I had a bunch of emails with tech support until we figured it out. What I meant on my previous post is that I changed the settings but left them at default after that.

Hopefully they add that to their guide/video.
Just wanted to clarify: You're saying if you change the gamma to -3, you won't get clipping at 100 using MobileForge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 92 Old 07-05-2019, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandhorn View Post
Just wanted to clarify: You're saying if you change the gamma to -3, you won't get clipping at 100 using MobileForge?
No, if you don't change gamma to -3 the autocal fails, this is for the KS8000 (maybe all 2016 TVs).

Without gamma -3: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58054034

With gamma -3: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58245966

This is what tech support sent me:
Quote:
We did some testing on similar hardware and are also getting some strange results. My QA team is going to do some more testing over the next few days and see if we can figure out what is going on.
Quote:
One of our engineers were able to get really solid results. Here's what he did:

"I used Full Field [for the patters, found under pattern generator tab] (workflow standard, but good to check)"
"I set meter to 5 samples to account for screen wibbly-wobblies (technical term)"
"I adjusted the DDC Gamma control using the grayscale page before running a multipoint grayscale to -3 (fully turned down)"
"I think the same result could be achieved by adjusting the target from BT.1886 to Power with an exponent that more closely matches the panel native setting."
He also had communication issues via the USB/serial connection using a USB hub. If you can go without a hub, that would be a good thing to do.

Last edited by Motociclao; 07-05-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page