I've been going hard at this the last couple of days, and have everything set up and comfortable enough to tweak. I've read through the online walkthrough, watched a youtube video, and read through 80% of this thread. I do have a couple questions that have been bugging me on the initial setup, since I'm getting conflicting answers while searching so I figured a consolidated post would give me better answer. To reiterate, I'm fully intending to do this Autocal process only (SDR, and hope it translates it automatically to DV and HDR etc.). I'm just interested in learning this "next step" for correct settings and approach to hold me over for another year or so until professional calibration time
- I'm using the Autocal feature, and am a novice enthusiast. The below questions I'm looking for the best/recommended settings for a set it and leave it approach so I know I'm confident the PQ is optimized from that perspective.
- A9G Oled
- Sepctral MobileForge pattern generator via FireStick4k
- X-rite i1Display Pro
(1) With the i1Display meter setup, the walkthrough guides specifically says to use the "OLED" setting for meter mode, while the youtube instructions say RawXYZ is best. Which one is it? Do I also need to enable the Low Light Handler?
(2) The guides specifically and clearly call for SDR with Power Gamma 2.2 and D65 for setup. OK easy enough, however, in the guide further down there's a sub-bullet that says for OLED to use Gamma formula bt.1886. Which is correct target? My understanding is that I can still do PowerGamma 2.2 and just manually change it later after calibration to 2.4 (or -2 on Sony).
(3) Measurement options: Sony defaults to de2000, online people are recommending JNDab, the youtube video says ITP....without going into details, what's my best setting with the above?
(4) Set Contrast to 100 for calibration, bring down to 90 afterwards? Or leave at 90 and AutoCal does it automatically to 100?
(5) I'm assuming the "source" pattern generator settings (like APL, pattern size etc) are set automatically with the AutoCal and Mobileforge and I don't need to touch those?