Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-05-2019, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Samsung Calibration

Hi,

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I am looking for a "guide" (or manual etc..) of sorts to work my way around in the service menu CMS for a Samsung UN65F6350.

I am struggling with calibrating it quite a bit (using i1D3 and HCFR) as it would seem the default RGB gain/offsets are for "dynamic" mode. So I get everything good to go in grayscale then I "save" it (muteX2+power) and then when I repower on the TV - the picture mode is dynamic. If I change the picture mode, the grayscale goes all to hell (don't even need the meter, it's off by eye).

The CMS in my Epson projector is much more intuitive :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-07-2019, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Through my own experience and research I will share what I have found on the Samsung TV service menu calibrations.

Firstly it is not advisable to adjust the white balance in the service menu without first changing the picture mode to movie, the colour tone/temperature will automatically change to Warm 2. The reason for this is that picture mode standard, natural and movie are filtered down from dynamic since dynamic controls are set very high (hard clips beyond 235 at about 180 I could be mistaken about the exact value).

On my e series the only way that I have found to switch to movie is by rooting the TV and then through a few other tricks change the values for movie white balance only through telnet.

K series is a lot easier may work with f series unlocks adjustments for white balance and colour management for all modes.

Please see the following links for further information:

Look from line 377, these values can be adjusted through telnet;
https://ctrlv.it/id/4200/1509947673

You will need a way to enable expert mode for this one if you do not have cal data restore available, see last post on the page;
https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.ph...10732&start=90

All the best, let us know about your progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page