CalMAN Home for LG - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 147Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #511 of 520 Old 10-04-2019, 05:43 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f16leon View Post

I used ColorMunki Photo.
You can’t perform a proper calibration with only a spectrophotometer as a stand alone instrument it’s lucking low light accuracy so you can’t really trust it for readings of grayscale below ~30% gray.

You will need to get a colorimeter to use it for all the measurements and to profile it to improve its color accuracy with your spectro.
Thanks.

I'll buy a i1display,and try again.
f16leon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #512 of 520 Old 10-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
thepiecesfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Can anyone help me understand the differences between HD Fury Integral, Integral 2 and Linker for the purposes of calibrating HDR10 and Dolby Vision using Calmans internal pattern generator. I see both discussed interchangeably Linker and Integral. I have an opportunity to pick an Integral up for $100 want to make sure it will do the job.
thepiecesfit is offline  
post #513 of 520 Old 10-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Make73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I tried also HDR10 autocal.
CalMAN Home for LG (5.10.1.94), LG OLED77C9 (fw 03.60.30)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN autocal LG OLEDC9.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	2627716  
Attached Files
File Type: zip CalMAN autocal C9 raised black.zip (281.1 KB, 17 views)
Make73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #514 of 520 Old 10-14-2019, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,837
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post
I tried also HDR10 autocal.
CalMAN Home for LG (5.10.1.94), LG OLED77C9 (fw 03.60.30)
LG is aware of this TV firmware bug and are working on a fix.
Make73 and LiLAsN like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
WiFi-Spy is offline  
post #515 of 520 Old 10-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Member
 
HiFi4Vision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
LG is aware of this TV firmware bug and are working on a fix.
Do you know if the problem has been fixed in the upcoming firmware v04.70.05 ?
KC-Technerd likes this.
HiFi4Vision is offline  
post #516 of 520 Old 10-16-2019, 06:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Make73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 86
i1Display Pro Plus, does it work with CalMAN Home for LG and if not, is there plans to add support?
Can´t find OEM rev B from Europe so planned if that would be my next meter.
Make73 is offline  
post #517 of 520 Old 10-16-2019, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 4,170
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Liked: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post
i1Display Pro Plus, does it work with CalMAN Home for LG and if not, is there plans to add support?
Can´t find OEM rev B from Europe so planned if that would be my next meter.
The Plus currently doesn't work with CalMAN, but probably eventually will. Light Illusion sells the rev B OEM meter.
Make73 likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #518 of 520 Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Make73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
The Plus currently doesn't work with CalMAN, but probably eventually will. Light Illusion sells the rev B OEM meter.
Since it´s same meter and I´m not interested i1 Profiler, placed order for rev B OEM from Light Illusion.
Thanks for Ted
Make73 is offline  
post #519 of 520 Old 10-19-2019, 07:05 PM
Member
 
HiFi4Vision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi4Vision View Post
Do you know if the problem has been fixed in the upcoming firmware v04.70.05 ?
Since this version has been officially released now I can answer my own question: the issue still exists.


I tried to measure the luminance of a C64 test video but at least my i1D3 doesn't seem to be able to handle such low light conditions, i.e. my eyes are better than my i1D3 (at least in this specific situation).
Measurements with a C108 test pattern show ~0.06 nits, but I guess that doesn't tell us anything ...
cremor likes this.

Last edited by HiFi4Vision; 10-19-2019 at 07:13 PM.
HiFi4Vision is offline  
post #520 of 520 Old 10-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi4Vision View Post
Since this version has been officially released now I can answer my own question: the issue still exists.


I tried to measure the luminance of a C64 test video but at least my i1D3 doesn't seem to be able to handle such low light conditions, i.e. my eyes are better than my i1D3 (at least in this specific situation).
Measurements with a C108 test pattern show ~0.06 nits, but I guess that doesn't tell us anything ...
Thanks for the update. Pretty much to be expected. Firmware updates need to be vetted in stages and this may take months. Doubt the raised black levels will be fixed on this one. That is why I was really hoping it wasn't on LG's side. Zzz... I'm sure Calman could have fixed it much faster than a company that follows a corporate hierarchy.
Make73 likes this.
LiLAsN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off