CalMAN Home for LG - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 169 Old 05-19-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,247
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3735 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
Pattern is either madvr (preferred as it does HDR, and most content plays through madvr) or Calman client III (I like being able to select the pattern here for verification), I've tried using both. As for a delay it auto selects 0.25 when I choose optimize, however I normally use 1, as I never remember to do that, these were with 1 as a result.



I tried using no low light handler (normally this is fine except for HDR), I also tried 3 samples for under 1,3, and 5 cd/m all without any difference. I normally use 3 samples under 1 cd/m for HDR work, as I've found this works best, never needed it previously for SDR.



Thanks,

ERIC


Try 1.5 fixed and 5 seconds fixed for the llh setting. I ran autocals with the same meter and don’t have those issues . Using Enthusiast Calman 2019 rc1.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 169 Old 05-19-2019, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LeRoyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Woodstock Georgia
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 95
egandt, If your meter is measuring anything other than 0 y for black your brightness setting is too high. Try 50 before you autocal.

LeRoy

LG OLED65C8PUA, Onkyo TX-RZ920, Sony UBP-X700, Apple TV 4K, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, AT&T Gigabit Internet & U-verse
LeRoyK is offline  
post #33 of 169 Old 05-19-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,602
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
Pattern is either madvr (preferred as it does HDR, and most content plays through madvr) or Calman client III (I like being able to select the pattern here for verification), I've tried using both. As for a delay it auto selects 0.25 when I choose optimize, however I normally use 1, as I never remember to do that, these were with 1 as a result.



I tried using no low light handler (normally this is fine except for HDR), I also tried 3 samples for under 1,3, and 5 cd/m all without any difference. I normally use 3 samples under 1 cd/m for HDR work, as I've found this works best, never needed it previously for SDR.





Edit: I noticed something looking and black once it finishes anything from 24 and down is solid black (not 16 and below as expected), leaving be only 28 and 32 so the Brightness is way off, in fact 28 is where I'd normally expect 16 (so by at least 8 to 12), which could possible explain the issue, but does not explain why Autocal set these so very-very low.



Thanks,

ERIC


This is most likely limited vs. full range issue.

Your PC output should be in full range, The TV should be in limited range “black level Low”.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
WiFi-Spy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 169 Old 05-19-2019, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
egandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I think it may have been the video drivers, I updated last night to the latest Nvidia driver, I rolled back the driver to what I'd previously installed, and things went smoother. Could have been reinstalling fixed the range I guess, as both were set to Full range.

While at it this is a great video for SDR.
SDR:
Just wish they had actually posted the HDR. Also wish I'd watched before trying the process the first time.

Edit: Based on this at 3 and 2.3 I have a Black Crush, that I had to manually handle via DDC as per the instructions enclosed, I assume that it an artifact of the 04.10.55 firmware.

ERIC

Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 7700K (at 4.9GHZ),32GB RAM
GTX 1080 TI (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 960Evo and Adaptec 6805T RAID6 (11.3TB)

ERIC

Last edited by egandt; 05-19-2019 at 05:57 PM.
egandt is offline  
post #35 of 169 Old 05-20-2019, 11:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone

When using HDR Manual Calibration or SDR Manual Calibration, can I run the Saturation Sweeps?

Can the calibration process for the UH610 be completed with the UHD BD player & UHD Test Patterns BD?

Thanks
Martin Wang is offline  
post #36 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Member
 
mdamien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey @WiFi-Spy do the HDFury devices work with Calman Home for LG? I have an Integral 2 that I would want to use when doing HDR/DV calibrating.

Thank you!

Last edited by mdamien; 05-21-2019 at 08:14 AM.
mdamien is offline  
post #37 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 3,931
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamien View Post
Hey @WiFi-Spy do the HDFury devices work with Calman Home for LG? I have an Integral 2 that I would want to use when doing HDR/DV calibrating.

Thank you!
No reason why they wouldn't. You may not have direct control of the Integral 2 - devices after the original Integral use different APIs - but you can have the Integral 2 GUI open in another window and operate it that way. You can cut and paste the IF strings needed from CalMAN to the Integral 2 GUI.
mdamien likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 05-21-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Rolls-Royce is online now  
post #38 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
thepiecesfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I'm assuming everyone is testing the beta. I have a LG C8 with i1 Display Pro. Would I be able to use this what kind of pattern generator is needed can anyone throw some more info my way? Thank you
thepiecesfit is offline  
post #39 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 3
So i have done the calibration for isf dark and isf bright on my lg c9 and i am really happy about the result using i1display pro and calman lg home.
Could you share your opinion on those result if you see anything wrong.
Also i find the calibration for hdr and dolby vision extremely difficult.
Is anyone has a tutorial for this?
How do you set the test pattern in the way that when they change you dont see what is playing on your tv and mess up the reading.

What is the correct white point, gamma, color gamut etc for those mode?

Why do we need an external generator to verify the calibration for hdr and dolby vision and is that important?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190521_161722_1558460277054.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	2569694   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190521_002515_1558460309012.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2569696  
Toto84 is offline  
post #40 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 3,931
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiecesfit View Post
I'm assuming everyone is testing the beta. I have a LG C8 with i1 Display Pro. Would I be able to use this what kind of pattern generator is needed can anyone throw some more info my way? Thank you
It's not a beta.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is online now  
post #41 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,602
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
CalMAN Home for LG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto84 View Post
So i have done the calibration for isf dark and isf bright on my lg c9 and i am really happy about the result using i1display pro and calman lg home.
Could you share your opinion on those result if you see anything wrong.
Also i find the calibration for hdr and dolby vision extremely difficult.
Is anyone has a tutorial for this?
How do you set the test pattern in the way that when they change you dont see what is playing on your tv and mess up the reading.

What is the correct white point, gamma, color gamut etc for those mode?

Why do we need an external generator to verify the calibration for hdr and dolby vision and is that important?


We are current in the process of creating video tutorial videos for CalMAN Home for LG.

The important part you need to be aware of using the internal pattern generator for HDR/DV calibration is that the TV needs to be in HDR or DV mode during the respective calibrations. This can be accomplished in multiple ways.

1. Using an HDMI source device to send the TV HDR10 content during HDR calibration , and Dolby Vision content during the DV calibration.

2. Play HDR10 or DV content via USB stick using TV’s built in media player application durning the respective calibration process. The reason this works is the pattern generator is rendered on top of the media player app or HDMI video. LG has provided 1hr long full screen 15% gray video files in SDR, HDR, and DV video formats for this purpose. You can download them here:

https://calmankb.groovehq.com/help/l...tern-generator

I am also working on a 10hr long SDR version for people that want to do longer than 1hr 3D LUTs.

Tyler
mdamien and jrref like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
WiFi-Spy is offline  
post #42 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 04:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto84 View Post
So i have done the calibration for isf dark and isf bright on my lg c9 and i am really happy about the result using i1display pro and calman lg home.
Could you share your opinion on those result if you see anything wrong.
Also i find the calibration for hdr and dolby vision extremely difficult.
Is anyone has a tutorial for this?
How do you set the test pattern in the way that when they change you dont see what is playing on your tv and mess up the reading.

What is the correct white point, gamma, color gamut etc for those mode?

Why do we need an external generator to verify the calibration for hdr and dolby vision and is that important?


We are current in the process of creating video tutorial videos for CalMAN Home for LG.

The important part you need to be aware of using the internal pattern generator for HDR/DV calibration is that the TV needs to be in HDR or DV mode during the respective calibrations. This can be accomplished in multiple ways.

1. Using an HDMI source device to send the TV HDR10 content during HDR calibration , and Dolby Vision content during the DV calibration.

2. Play HDR10 or DV content via USB stick using TV’s built in media player application durning the respective calibration process. The reason this works is the pattern generator is rendered on top of the media player app or HDMI video. LG has provided 1hr long full screen 15% gray video files in SDR, HDR, and DV video formats for this purpose. You can download them here:

https://calmankb.groovehq.com/help/l...tern-generator

I am also working on a 10hr long SDR version for people that want to do longer than 1hr 3D LUTs.

Tyler
Thanks for your reply, i managed to do hdr but i am not sure what are the correct target for dolby vision.
Is it rec2020 or p3?
Toto84 is offline  
post #43 of 169 Old 05-21-2019, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,602
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto84 View Post
Thanks for your reply, i managed to do hdr but i am not sure what are the correct target for dolby vision.
Is it rec2020 or p3?


The workflow sets that automatically for you.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
WiFi-Spy is offline  
post #44 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 03:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto84 View Post
Thanks for your reply, i managed to do hdr but i am not sure what are the correct target for dolby vision.
Is it rec2020 or p3?


The workflow sets that automatically for you.
Can you please confirm what the gamma should be set as for hdr and dolby vision on the lg c9.

Thanks for your help
Toto84 is offline  
post #45 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,181
Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Liked: 5148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto84 View Post
Can you please confirm what the gamma should be set as for hdr and dolby vision on the lg c9.

Thanks for your help
2.2 but the workflow should set it up automatically for you.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
jrref is offline  
post #46 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 05:58 AM
Member
 
mdamien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
No reason why they wouldn't. You may not have direct control of the Integral 2 - devices after the original Integral use different APIs - but you can have the Integral 2 GUI open in another window and operate it that way. You can cut and paste the IF strings needed from CalMAN to the Integral 2 GUI.
Got it, thank you!
mdamien is offline  
post #47 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 06:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
We are current in the process of creating video tutorial videos for CalMAN Home for LG.

The important part you need to be aware of using the internal pattern generator for HDR/DV calibration is that the TV needs to be in HDR or DV mode during the respective calibrations. This can be accomplished in multiple ways.

1. Using an HDMI source device to send the TV HDR10 content during HDR calibration , and Dolby Vision content during the DV calibration.

2. Play HDR10 or DV content via USB stick using TV’s built in media player application durning the respective calibration process. The reason this works is the pattern generator is rendered on top of the media player app or HDMI video. LG has provided 1hr long full screen 15% gray video files in SDR, HDR, and DV video formats for this purpose. You can download them here:

https://calmankb.groovehq.com/help/l...tern-generator

I am also working on a 10hr long SDR version for people that want to do longer than 1hr 3D LUTs.

Tyler
that's how i calibrated mine
but these gray videos are 1 hr long but sometimes calibration goes to hr 34mns+
still can't calibrate DV since it gave me green screen
i'm looking forward to your videos.

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #48 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,602
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4klover View Post
that's how i calibrated mine

but these gray videos are 1 hr long but sometimes calibration goes to hr 34mns+

still can't calibrate DV since it gave me green screen

i'm looking forward to your videos.


If you got the Dolby Vision green screen then that means you need to update your TV firmware. You might have to download it directly from LG’s website on your computer and load it with a thumb drive.
Rolls-Royce and 4klover like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
WiFi-Spy is offline  
post #49 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 07:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
thanks for that
i see there's a new firmware update
will update today
WiFi-Spy likes this.

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #50 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 04:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I measure the peak luminance on hdr game mode at 580 nit !
730 hdr cinema.

Is that normal?
Toto84 is offline  
post #51 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
egandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
C8 HDR Post calibration, serious loss of details towards black and everything is very-very red. Simply put calibrating using the LG HDR work flow for Technicolor HDR, everything looked good in Calman, but the result is un-viewable, seriously crushed blacks and a massive red tint to everything (in fact uncalibrated game mode is far better), which is surprising as the results are decent for the post calibration check (see attached).
Attached are screenshots of the workflow in calman.
It is hard to get images of the result (tends to brighten up the image from what is really seen) as the cell phone camera is less than perfect, but I tried to get some examples and there included as well.


Thanks,
ERIC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_App_yLpKBqTKXi.png
Views:	44
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	2570364   Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_App_ylk0ubVoJx.png
Views:	37
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	2570366   Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_App_xGQYKMetxu.png
Views:	38
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	2570368   Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_App_u2RnRvZTFc.png
Views:	34
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	2570370   Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_App_qlWheKuI1t.png
Views:	35
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	2570372  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_App_hcfeqpCxdF.png
Views:	31
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	2570374   Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_App_BnTsRjdGyh.png
Views:	34
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	2570376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Technicolor_clibrated_red_example.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2570386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Technicolor_calibrated.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	2570388   Click image for larger version

Name:	uncalibrated_game.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	2570390  


Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 7700K (at 4.9GHZ),32GB RAM
GTX 1080 TI (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 960Evo and Adaptec 6805T RAID6 (11.3TB)

ERIC

Last edited by egandt; 05-22-2019 at 06:20 PM.
egandt is offline  
post #52 of 169 Old 05-22-2019, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,602
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
CalMAN Home for LG

Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
C8 HDR Post calibration, serious loss of details towards black and everything is very-very red. Simply put calibrating using the LG HDR work flow for Technicolor HDR, everything looked good in Calman, but the result is un-viewable, seriously crushed blacks and a massive red tint to everything (in fact uncalibrated game mode is far better), which is surprising as the results are decent for the post calibration check (see attached).

Attached are screenshots of the workflow in calman.

It is hard to get images of the result (tends to brighten up the image from what is really seen) as the cell phone camera is less than perfect, but I tried to get some examples and there included as well.





Thanks,

ERIC


Has to be a levels is mismatch somewhere with regards to MadVR as the pattern generator. How is the PC output configured? Full range? We have never tested madVR for HDR in house. I can see if I can set up a machine with an Nvidia card and madVR as a pattern generator.

If you use the generic HDR10 workflow to just measure uncalibrated HDR Cinema mode using MadVR as the pattern generator, What do the grayscale and color checker look like? Make sure you’re not connected to the TV has a display.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
WiFi-Spy is offline  
post #53 of 169 Old 05-23-2019, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
egandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Has to be a levels is mismatch somewhere with regards to MadVR as the pattern generator. How is the PC output configured? Full range? We have never tested madVR for HDR in house. I can see if I can set up a machine with an Nvidia card and madVR as a pattern generator.

If you use the generic HDR10 workflow to just measure uncalibrated HDR Cinema mode using MadVR as the pattern generator, What do the grayscale and color checker look like? Make sure you’re not connected to the TV has a display.
Yes I'm full range, I selected Madvr as that is what I use to display most conent and figure matching would be best, seems to work well for SDR.

I also have a Vertex, would you suggest using the CalMAN PC patterns and forcing HDR via the Vertex in place of using the madvr for calibrating HDR then?

ERIC

Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 7700K (at 4.9GHZ),32GB RAM
GTX 1080 TI (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 960Evo and Adaptec 6805T RAID6 (11.3TB)

ERIC
egandt is offline  
post #54 of 169 Old 05-23-2019, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WiFi-Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,602
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
Yes I'm full range, I selected Madvr as that is what I use to display most conent and figure matching would be best, seems to work well for SDR.



I also have a Vertex, would you suggest using the CalMAN PC patterns and forcing HDR via the Vertex in place of using the madvr for calibrating HDR then?



ERIC


Give me a day or two to get this PC w/ Nvidia GPU and MadVR set up connected to a 2018 LG C8. I will figure out what is the correct configuration with regards to range for the Autocal to work correctly.

You might need to calibrate in limited range and then change the TV to full range after. That is what our professional Hollywood users are doing when they need the LG to be in full range.

Tyler
mdamien likes this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
WiFi-Spy is offline  
post #55 of 169 Old 05-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Member
 
mdamien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Give me a day or two to get this PC w/ Nvidia GPU and MadVR set up connected to a 2018 LG C8. I will figure out what is the correct configuration with regards to range for the Autocal to work correctly.

You might need to calibrate in limited range and then change the TV to full range after. That is what our professional Hollywood users are doing when they need the LG to be in full range.

Tyler
I look forward to seeing what you come back with as that chain will be similar to what I will be using to calibrate my C8.
mdamien is offline  
post #56 of 169 Old 05-24-2019, 07:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
is the tutorial still coming ?
i calibrated DV then HDR is now fked LOL

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #57 of 169 Old 05-24-2019, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
thepiecesfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Assuming one can get their hands on a pattern generator like the Spectracal VideoForge PRO, what kind of results can one expect with a budget meter like i1 Display Pro using the LG Autocal? Would it be able to handle DV and HDR10 as well? The equipment is a lot of money but sometimes pops up used.
thepiecesfit is offline  
post #58 of 169 Old 05-24-2019, 09:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiecesfit View Post
Assuming one can get their hands on a pattern generator like the Spectracal VideoForge PRO, what kind of results can one expect with a budget meter like i1 Display Pro using the LG Autocal? Would it be able to handle DV and HDR10 as well? The equipment is a lot of money but sometimes pops up used.
The c9 has a pattern generator
You just need to load up the hdr and DV files through a USB and the i1 display will do the job for you.

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #59 of 169 Old 05-24-2019, 09:33 AM
Senior Member
 
thepiecesfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4klover View Post
The c9 has a pattern generator
You just need to load up the hdr and DV files through a USB and the i1 display will do the job for you.
My TV is a LG C8. Maybe LG will feel sorry for us and give us one as well one day
thepiecesfit is offline  
post #60 of 169 Old 05-24-2019, 11:27 AM
Member
 
aflscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Picked up CalMAN Home for LG last night. This will be handy to have. No questions yet as I won't be able to try it out for a couple of weeks. I had my C9 professionally calibrated, but they didn't do HDR or Dolby Vision so that's what I'm after with this.



Any idea on the ETA for the videos? They'd be really useful.



Scott

I own an LG 65" C9. I'm thrilled with it.
aflscott is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off