3D lut! how look like for SDR? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By L30Z3N

post #1 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 11
3D lut! how look like for SDR?

I have been wondering to improve picture quality of my blu ray movies and I end with 3D lut which I never see its picture before, so i wonder is it really worth it even my TV calibrated through software and get best results? Does video processer such Eecolor 3D lut or Lumagen pro make significant improvement to LG OLED 2016 TV models? Can someone tell me what improvement to PQ will be from both units.

And thank you for answering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight7m View Post
I have been wondering to improve picture quality of my blu ray movies and I end with 3D lut which I never see its picture before, so i wonder is it really worth it even my TV calibrated through software and get best results? Does video processer such Eecolor 3D lut or Lumagen pro make significant improvement to LG OLED 2016 TV models? Can someone tell me what improvement to PQ will be from both units.

And thank you for answering.
It worths but depends on how much "free time" you have to do it and more importantly if you consider to keep your 2016 set couple years or more...

I'm really happy with the 3DLUT on my B6 and I really enjoyed every time I'm watching Blu-ray's movies definitely! but I can also tell you it wasn't easy to get it done for good... To much efforts, time to learn how the panel drift, and consideration about post 3DLUT, with posterization, color banding etc...

I also have to say thanks to many people for their help, specially to @frumenzio , @BlackJoker , @Anger.miki and @ConnecTEDDD
BlackJoker likes this.

TV LG 55B6v SB Samsung F355 TV2-Monitor Samsung UE32C6510 ColorimeterX-Rite EODIS3 i1 Display Pro (Rev B-02 Profiled by JETI 1211) Pattern Generator Raspberry Pi3 3DLUT BOX Truvue eeColor Router Netgear R7000+Open DD-WRT MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2009 SSD+HDD Console XboxOne S 1TB GoW4 Bundle Blu-ray Player Sony UBP-X800 - Panasonic DMP-UB310

Last edited by L30Z3N; 06-07-2019 at 07:16 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-08-2019, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L30Z3N View Post
It worths but depends on how much "free time" you have to do it and more importantly if you consider to keep your 2016 set couple years or more...

I'm really happy with the 3DLUT on my B6 and I really enjoyed every time I'm watching Blu-ray's movies definitely! but I can also tell you it wasn't easy to get it done for good... To much efforts, time to learn how the panel drift, and consideration about post 3DLUT, with posterization, color banding etc...

I also have to say thanks to many people for their help, specially to @frumenzio, @BlackJoker, @Anger.miki and @ConnecTEDDD
Thank you L30Z3N for reply, these information very helpful to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
3D LUT can absolutely give you the best calibration. A large 3D LUT corrects far more points within the display's gamut than user controls - especially CMS - ever could. The major issue for your display is the 2016 OLED tech itself, with heat-related drift, ASBL, etc. It's much more difficult to arrive at a good display profile to build a 3D LUT from than something like an LCD.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2019, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
3D LUT can absolutely give you the best calibration. A large 3D LUT corrects far more points within the display's gamut than user controls - especially CMS - ever could. The major issue for your display is the 2016 OLED tech itself, with heat-related drift, ASBL, etc. It's much more difficult to arrive at a good display profile to build a 3D LUT from than something like an LCD.
Thanks Rolls-Royce for your post.

Last edited by Knight7m; 06-15-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page