X-Rite Announces i1PRO 3 Plus (Spectrophotometer) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
  • 6 Post By ConnecTEDDD
  • 3 Post By ConnecTEDDD
  • 2 Post By Anger.miki
  • 1 Post By skschatzman

post #1 of 16 Old 06-18-2019, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked: 3701
X-Rite announces i1PRO 3 Plus (Spectrophotometer)

There is a new i1PRO 3 spetrophotometer coming out at the end of July 2019 from X-Rite.

New i1Pro 3 Plus delivers production calibration and color profiling capabilities for the widest range of industrial print applications, including wide- and grand-format, digital textiles, ceramics, and backlit film printing.

Full release announcement: https://www.xrite.com/about-us/news-...t-and-textiles

Currently, the improvements related to Emissive mode measurements (display calibration measurements) according to the posted announcement are very limited (only extended luminance range up to 5000 nits announced), once there will be more info I will update this thread.

There more updates related to Reflectance mode (measure papers/tiles), we are not interested in display calibration world.

In Reflectance mode, i1PRO's are using their internal tungsten lamp to illuminate the object (the color on printed paper...since you using the meter in contact mode to the paper, if the lamp will not light up, it will be like taking a dark reading), so after the llumination (which i1PRO's has certification since they used about 25 colored ceramic tiles to test/pass the certification) the reflected light will be analyzed by the i1PRO. When you are measuring a display; since the display has it's own illumination; the meter is working in Emissive mode and internal lamp is not used.
Rolls-Royce, L30Z3N, bobof and 3 others like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 06-18-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-18-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 1210

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 16 Old 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 2699 Post(s)
Liked: 1600
I don't know how much, but based on the announcement low light readings will be more accurate. I'm interested, but pricing will dictate my decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 06-18-2019, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
I don't know how much, but based on the announcement low light readings will be more accurate. I'm interested, but pricing will dictate my decision.
Low light improvement when you measure using the reflectance mode, not related with measurements for display calibration.
ajc9988, omarank and AdamAttewell like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #5 of 16 Old 06-18-2019, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Low light improvement when you measure using the reflectance mode, not related with measurements for display calibration.
Bummer
post #6 of 16 Old 06-19-2019, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
New i1io table, LOL...I bet i1io v2 table won't work with i1Pro3... these guys have no shame.
I hope some guy will make a 3D printed gadget for placing spectrophotometer like with i1io v1 and i1Pro2.

I wonder if that new LED illuminant will be full spectrum of just UV. (BTW, ArgyllCMS never used AFAIK UV led... and it seems that it does not needed for FWA).
post #7 of 16 Old 06-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 394
I’m curious about its Photometric Range. If it’s still 10nm, then nothing has changed for display calibration I guess.
L30Z3N and omarank like this.

TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | SintoAmp: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, Portrait Displays CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018 R3, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2 - i1 Display Pro OEM B-02, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
post #8 of 16 Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 2453 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Are they actually going to certify the performance with emissive displays now?
post #9 of 16 Old 07-24-2019, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicent View Post
I wonder if that new LED illuminant will be full spectrum of just UV. (BTW, ArgyllCMS never used AFAIK UV led... and it seems that it does not needed for FWA).
The tungsten lamp has been replaced completely by a full spectrum LED.

Expect the peak luminance output difference, it can be only slight faster from faster scanning rate (400 Hz over 200 Hz of i1PRO2).

Nothing else, except the different FOV compared to i1PRO2, so far.

post #10 of 16 Old 07-24-2019, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Lets see some info (which currently not available to X-Rite website).

i1PRO 3 Plus Pictures:

i1Pro 3 Plus Video

i1PRO 3 Plus PDF's:

i1Pro 3 Plus Specs

i1Pro 3 Plus for Imaging

i1Pro 3 Plus for Print

i1Pro 3 Plus for Textiles

i1iO for the i1Pro 3 Plus

Enjoy...

post #11 of 16 Old 07-24-2019, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

post #12 of 16 Old 07-27-2019, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Feature comparison of new i1Pro 3 Plus vs i1Pro 2 (PDF)

post #13 of 16 Old 07-29-2019, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

https://www.xrite.com/page/i1-pro-3-plus-family

post #14 of 16 Old 07-29-2019, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thank you for keeping us up to date on this. Any idea on price yet?
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #15 of 16 Old 08-05-2019, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

i1Profiler (i1Publish) 3.0.0 (01 August 2019) has been released.

Release Notes

This update to i1Profiler adds support i1Pro 3 Plus and i1iO for i1Pro 3 Plus, it is also recommended for use with i1Pro 2, i1iO2, i1iSis 1 and i1iSis 2 family.

i1Pro first generation devices are still supported in Monitor and Printer profiling workflows. However license upgrades or transfers with i1Pro1 devices are no longer supported.

The following features and improvements have been added for this release:

General Application

New Features

Adds support for the i1Pro 3 PLUS large aperture spectrophotometer.

- Large 8 mm aperture, to support a wide range of substrates.

- Polarization filter (M3) to reduce specular effects on fabrics, ceramics, & glossy media.

- Captures M0, M1 and M2 in a single pass.

- Full spectrum LED light source.

-Measures up to 5k cd/m2 for ultra-bright displays

Adds support for the i1iO 3 Automated Scanning Table

- Utilizes the i1Pro 3 PLUS features to allow measurement of a wider variety of substrates.

- Optional z-axis spacers allow measurement of very thick materials.

Introduces the ability to create ICC profiles for transmissive media; clear, translucent and textile.

Adds support for the ECG test chart and better support for patch sets created by third party applications.

Bug Fixes

Fixes issue where EPS files created for CMYK+N test charts were corrupted on Mac.

Fixes issue where i1Profiler Tray application will not launch on some MacOS systems.

Known Issues

The measurement algorithm used for transmissive patch scanning does not have error checking. Please verify all measurements visually on screen before proceeding to the next workflow step. If you have difficulty scanning a chart, switch to spot mode.

There is a refresh issue when scrolling within the gamut view window. If the screen does not refresh correctly, click anywhere within the application window and the gamut view will update.

The Reference Files for the ColorChecker SG and ColorChecker 24 for scanner profiling have been updated. These new reference files apply well to ColorChecker SG and 24 charts manufactured after November 2014. For ColorChecker editions prior to November 2014, please use the former Reference Files, which can be downloaded from www.xritephoto.com, including instructions how to replace and apply them in i1Profiler.

Profiling and optimizing profiles with very large patch sets (>3000) will require a very large amount of RAM. If profiling fails, reduce the amount of patches in the test chart.

Monitor calibration does not work when multiple monitors are in mirror mode (this issue affects Windows® installations only.)

i1Profiler does not support the calibration of displays connected via AirPlay.

If you have problems loading the display profile after it has been created or if the system cannot load the display LUTs, turn off Automatic Display Control (ADC) on the measurement page and try again.

i1Profiler uses OpenGL to display the profile’s 3D gamut. If you encounter a problem with the gamut preview, make sure that your video card drivers are up to date.

i1Profiler can import CGATS measurement files from other applications. However, the color engine has been optimized to work with the patch sets generated within i1Profiler. The profile quality from profiles made entirely within the i1Profiler workflow will exceed profiles made from legacy charts and measurements. In the case of CMYK+N profiles, some legacy patch sets may not even build a profile successfully. It is strongly recommended that users build new charts within i1Profiler for CMYK+N profiling.

If you are using Ambient Smart Light Control when making your display profile, expect to get higher Delta E values in Display QA. This function optimizes profiles for visual appearance based on measured ambient conditions not for minimal Delta E.

The i1ProfilerTray application looks for connected displays at launch. If you disconnect or connect a display, the i1ProfilerTray will not see the change until it is restarted, the user logs out or the system is restarted. On Windows the i1ProfilerTray can be restarted from the Programs\Startup menu, on Mac, the tray is located in the same folder as the i1Profiler application.

The application may lose its connection to a measurement device if the computer goes into sleep or hibernation mode. If this happens, disconnect and reconnect the device to restore the connection.

Installation of older applications that use the previous version of X-Rite Device Services may cause i1Profiler to not connect with devices or to not launch. If this occurs, reinstall i1Profiler to restore the latest Device Services.

If you encounter any problems connecting to your measurement device, please disconnect and reconnect the device to restore the connection.

Make sure your i1iSis power button is on when you connect the USB cable. If you connect with the button off, then turn the power on, the i1iSis will not be seen.

The i1iO device does not support single row charts.

You cannot measure an optimization test chart that contains patches extracted from an image if you are using an i1iO or i1iO2.

Download Link: https://www.xrite.com/service-suppor...publish_v3_0_0

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 08-05-2019 at 02:09 PM.
post #16 of 16 Old 08-06-2019, 12:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Thank you for keeping us up to date on this. Any idea on price yet?
https://www.lightillusion.com/i1_pro_3.html

We are waiting on a new SDK and development unit to finalise LightSpace integration.
(Should be a simple process, according to X-Rite.)

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page