post #31 of 34 Old 09-07-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3123 Post(s)
Liked: 3865
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
The only case where that occurs is with Plasma (5.6 dE improvement), and that is largely because the default reading is so poor.
Hi Tom,

The reason why with Plasma EDR you were able to measure the lowest dE compared to the reference is that fact that from all tables X-Rite has released, they only table where X-Rite used a consumer TV was the Plasma, with a Panasonic VT20/25 probably (or VT30).

For all other tables, X-Rite used popular displays / data projectors from web/photo/post-production world, so no other display/projector sample used from consumer TV/HT world market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
The EDR files improved the i1d3’s accuracy in most cases, except in the OLED case where it resulted in a significantly LESS accurate reading. I can only speculate as to why this is so. My guess is that the original EDR file, which as created several years ago, was based on a RGB OLED, which has considerably different characteristics than the White OLEDs used in the consumer world. The accuracy with OLED in its default mode is actually quite good, slightly better than the SpyderX.

The bottom line is that if we include OLED, the EDR files provide essentially no improved accuracy. If we eliminate OLED as an outlier, then the EDR files improve accuracy over the default mode by 1.7 dE, a meaningful but hardly profound increase in accuracy.
The reason why you found so large errors with OLED table is coming from that fact that his table i useful only for RGB OLED, as X-Rite used the Sony PVM-2541 RGB OLED Monitor.

If you have plans to update the test with new data, you can download the LightSpace ZRO, inside to the installation folder you will see an FSI EDR file.

You can see details how that file has been created there: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58525408

The FSI_XM55U_23Jan19.edr is for LG OLEDs 2018 panel based models, since FSI use the same glass as C8. The spectral data used for this EDR has been generated from the FSI XM55U display (~15K$ post production monitor).

Also I have asked Steve Shaw (CEO of LightSpace) and has no problem if you want to use it to ChromaPure, for your i1Display PRO users, since this file is not provided right now from X-Rite SDK, as it has a special job X-Rite did for Light Illusion and FSI.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 09-08-2019, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
The reason why you found so large errors with OLED table is coming from that fact that his table i useful only for RGB OLED, as X-Rite used the Sony PVM-2541 RGB OLED Monitor.

If you have plans to update the test with new data, you can download the LightSpace ZRO, inside to the installation folder you will see an FSI EDR file. . . .

The FSI_XM55U_23Jan19.edr is for LG OLEDs 2018 panel based models, since FSI use the same glass as C8. The spectral data used for this EDR has been generated from the FSI XM55U display (~15K$ post production monitor).

Also I have asked Steve Shaw (CEO of LightSpace) and has no problem if you want to use it to ChromaPure, for your i1Display PRO users, since this file is not provided right now from X-Rite SDK, as it has a special job X-Rite did for Light Illusion and FSI.
I assumed as much.

Thanks, I appreciate that. However, we don't use EDR files, and in any case OLED measurements are surprisingly accurate using the default CMF for the i1d3 and require very little correction.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #33 of 34 Old 09-14-2019, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Is there an after market diffuser that is recommended for the SpyderX? Or is it possible to improvise?

Edit: Disregard...it looks like a diffuser is NOT required for JVC Autocal.

Last edited by mikela; 09-14-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 09-15-2019, 05:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
Is there an after market diffuser that is recommended for the SpyderX? Or is it possible to improvise?

Edit: Disregard...it looks like a diffuser is NOT required for JVC Autocal.
That's probably true, but the SpyderX is not currently supported by JVC Autocal (Spyder 5 only). There are indications that it will be supported in the next few months but probably only for NX5,7,9 and RSx000.
mikela likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page