Thinking of Purchasing VideoForge PRO - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-26-2019, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Thinking of Purchasing VideoForge PRO

So the other day I decided to recalibrate my Sony X940E, since the new android TVOS update. After updating my Calman to the latest version, I noticed that Spectracal have added a new workflow for Sony TVs with Direct control. You do have to install an app on your TV to have a DDC feature. Connecting calman to TV was pretty seemless. I tried to use it in conjunction with Mobileforge on Amazon tv, but it seem like this workflow does not support mobile forge. Because when you connect to the TV app using network control, you can't also connect to mobile forge on the network (maybe down the road?).

So, for those that have Video Forge Pro. Do you think it's justifiable to purchase this pattern generator for home use. $1,400 seem a bit much for just one TV. I already have C6 non HDR2000, and i1 Display pro meter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-26-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 2015
Thinking of Purchasing VideoForge PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanti123 View Post
So the other day I decided to recalibrate my Sony X940E, since the new android TVOS update. After updating my Calman to the latest version, I noticed that Spectracal have added a new workflow for Sony TVs with Direct control. You do have to install an app on your TV to have a DDC feature. Connecting calman to TV was pretty seemless. I tried to use it in conjunction with Mobileforge on Amazon tv, but it seem like this workflow does not support mobile forge. Because when you connect to the TV app using network control, you can't also connect to mobile forge on the network (maybe down the road?).

So, for those that have Video Forge Pro. Do you think it's justifiable to purchase this pattern generator for home use. $1,400 seem a bit much for just one TV. I already have C6 non HDR2000, and i1 Display pro meter.
For most home users, it is overkill.

The guys in the CalMAN Home for Sony thread are mostly using laptop HDMI or RasberryPi. They should be able to help.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download

Last edited by WiFi-Spy; 06-27-2019 at 02:25 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-27-2019, 02:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 361
I agree with Tyler: using your laptop HDMI (with RGB output, not YCbCr) or the RPi PGenerator will get the job done.

TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | SintoAmp: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, Portrait Displays CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018 R3, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2 - i1 Display Pro OEM B-02, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page