AVS Forum banner

Surely the dumbest video on YouTube regarding calibrating (Mr4k)

5K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  CruelInventions 
#1 ·

My mind can’t comprehend how an individual can be so wrong pretty much with everything he said but thinks he’s correct, also that 32k people are subscribed to this fool. I don’t like drawing attention to idiots like this but there are times it just has to be called out

#5 ·
Best video part is when he leave the seat to open the front door.

#7 · (Edited)
It’s my fault. I left him a comment yesterday about the new S&M UHD Benchmark disc. I haven’t watched any of his other videos so I didn’t really know much about him. I was looking for a YT review of someone using the S&M disc but found a video of him playing with TV settings and thought it might interest him. I think I may have done a disservice to YouTube by encouraging him. I couldn’t even finish watching the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I just wasted almost 28 minutes of my life! lol

Anyway, at least I had a laugh or two... and from 13:00 to 16:30 he just reminded me of Axl Rose introducing "Outta get me" in Live at the Ritz 1988, you can watch it By the way, he should have put that song as background music!

#9 ·
https://youtu.be/r3MbDRwnp_w

My mind can’t comprehend how an individual can be so wrong pretty much with everything he said but thinks he’s correct, also that 32k people are subscribed to this fool. I don’t like drawing attention to idiots like this but there are times it just has to be called out
This guy is horrible. I have watched some of his videos and 99.9% he is so wrong and way off base.

Really scary how much wrong information he puts out there and I know some may actually take his advice.

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

#10 · (Edited)
Based on his barbeque rant it sounds like he paid a plumber with a tapeworm and a lazy eye 1000 dollars to calibrate his TV[emoji57]. Contrast, brightness and sharpness are all set by eye by a professional calibrator along with the owner so I'm not sure what he's talking about regarding these settings being unchangeable after the fact because they aren't. TV's can't all be calibrated at the factory which is why those user settings are there in the first place. He needs some anger mgmt. exercises. I didn't even realize I was subscribed to this guy on YT. Yikes.

#15 ·
The bizarre A/C analogy brought to mind this thread.

Although, to be fair, nothing in that other thread came close to the awesomeness of this guy's comment:
... and then you have to pay ... close to a thousand dollars [to] some guy sitting on your couch, on your sofa in the living room, staring at your wife titties and your wife ass and drinking your beer while he's "calibrating" ...
:D

#16 ·
Yikes. I'm a big fan of freedom of speech but this is where it breaks down.

#19 ·
It's impossible to properly set your grayscale/white point, gamma or color mgmt. settings by your eyes. You're set won't be coming out of black properly and you'll be blowing out your highlights along with inaccurate primary and secondary colors. Lots wrong with that to me.

#23 ·
My mind can’t comprehend how an individual can be so wrong pretty much with everything he said but thinks he’s correct, also that 32k people are subscribed to this fool.
Almost 3 years later, he's up to 45.6K subscribers. Not that impressive of a channel growth rate, but nevertheless he's picking up more than he's losing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.