What happened to SpectraCAL forums? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rolls-Royce
  • 4 Post By ConnecTEDDD

post #1 of 5 Old 08-11-2019, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Question What happened to SpectraCAL forums?

The forums at SpectraCAL (i.e., http://www.spectracal.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19) all come up as 404 now. Spectracal.com now redirects to portrait.com and there are no links to any forums, just "Contact Us." I tried using that and have yet to receive any reply.

Does anyone know if the SpectraCAL forums at least archived somewhere so that all the useful information that was posted over the years is still available?

Is this forum here on avsforum now considered the "official" CalMAN discussion forums? Where is it best to ask questions about CalMAN?

Very confused...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Calman forum was shutdown 5/6 months ago. The only official way to talk with Portrait Displays is by email. Of course, Tyler (CalMAN technical evangelist) frequents this forum too, so he might give answers or suggestions to those who request them.

TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | SintoAmp: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, Portrait Displays CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018 R3, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2 - i1 Display Pro OEM B-02, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
post #3 of 5 Old 08-12-2019, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger.miki View Post
Calman forum was shutdown 5/6 months ago. The only official way to talk with Portrait Displays is by email. Of course, Tyler (CalMAN technical evangelist) frequents this forum too, so he might give answers or suggestions to those who request them.
Yep. It's old news.
Anger.miki likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-12-2019, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendell View Post
the forums at spectracal (i.e., http://www.spectracal.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19) all come up as 404 now. Spectracal.com now redirects to portrait.com and there are no links to any forums, just "contact us." i tried using that and have yet to receive any reply.

Does anyone know if the spectracal forums at least archived somewhere so that all the useful information that was posted over the years is still available?

Is this forum here on avsforum now considered the "official" calman discussion forums? Where is it best to ask questions about calman?

Very confused...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolls-royce View Post
yep. It's old news.
R.I.P. We miss them.

---------------------------------------
Samsung 75Q9FN, OPPO UDP-205
Win 10 Pro x64 1903
HT Enthusiast Extended Custom WF v19.3.0 - 7/5/2019
HT Enthusiast Essentials Custom WF v1.2.0 - 7/5/2019
post #5 of 5 Old 08-13-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked: 3701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendell View Post
The forums at SpectraCAL (i.e., http://www.spectracal.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19) all come up as 404 now. Spectracal.com now redirects to portrait.com and there are no links to any forums, just "Contact Us." I tried using that and have yet to receive any reply.

Does anyone know if the SpectraCAL forums at least archived somewhere so that all the useful information that was posted over the years is still available?
Hi, sadly they have been disabled, not just closed.... from January 2019: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57408796

I should very happy if they were just available there but with no new post or new PM capability only....

I had many stuff posted there, talking for CalMAN.

At least it was a place where you were able to see if one bug for example you were experiencing...if it was affecting other users also, so you were saving time from trying a new calibration or waiting to perform after the next software release.

Also there were a lot of info from the lead programmer and initial company inventors, very informative for all users, about calibration generally also, not specific for CalMAN users only, like myself.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
calman , Spectracal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page