Help!! What is the best tool for calibrating a Sony OLED tv? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-18-2019, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help!! What is the best tool for calibrating a Sony OLED tv?

My partner wants me to get him a calibration tool for his birthday and I have no idea where to start! He is very particular about colour and smoothness on pictures for our new song OLED tv...I am so out of my depth but want to get him something that will not only work on our tv but on computer monitors and for photo editing too if possible.
I’ve been looking online at the x-rite ColorMunki and i1pro or the spyder range...looking for any feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-18-2019, 03:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1716 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianao View Post
My partner wants me to get him a calibration tool for his birthday and I have no idea where to start! He is very particular about colour and smoothness on pictures for our new song OLED tv...I am so out of my depth but want to get him something that will not only work on our tv but on computer monitors and for photo editing too if possible.

I’ve been looking online at the x-rite ColorMunki and i1pro or the spyder range...looking for any feedback
Turn it on and start watching, from what I understand they are pretty incredible right out of the box.
I'm sure some of these OLED guys will know.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2019, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianao View Post
Have him download the Calman app from google playstore on tv....Buy him the Calman Home for Sony software from Portrait displays. (formerly spectracal) around $150 + .. a I1display 3 or C6 HDR colorimeter and a amazon 4k firestick to use the test patterns from Calman mobileforge app..Then have him read and follow this guide and he'll be on his way to calibration addiction.

http://sonyglobal.akamaized.net/is/c...AN-updated.pdf

65 Sony A1E-Oled - Calman Home Ent/C6 HDR2000
Denon - 7200WA - Mirage Speakers
Roku Ultra/Sony UBP-X800M2/4K Firestick

Last edited by camacho8; 08-19-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2019, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you! Can I ask what the amazon fire stick does? We have a chrome cast and use an nvidia shield already hooked up to the tv. Do these do a similar thing?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2019, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 405
No and also Mobileforge isn’t good on any devices. My suggestion is to buy him a i1 Display Pro + i1 Pro 2 OEM bundle. You can find something here. Scroll down for prices. Then he will decide by himself what software and test pattern generator to buy.

TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | SintoAmp: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, Portrait Displays CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018 R3, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2 - i1 Display Pro OEM B-02, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page