LF calibration settings Philips 70PUS7304 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By indecisivegoat

post #1 of 5 Old 09-13-2019, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
LF calibration settings Philips 70PUS7304

Just got a new TV (upgraded in a sense from a Panasonic 55" Plasma (st60)) and I have been searching for days for which settings to use to get the best picture for my Philips 70PUS7304 but haven't found anything, probably since it's a tad too fresh.
I have gotten it pretty close to the picture of a professionally calibrated Samsung Q60R (the Philips is a lot sharper though).

Anyway, tl;dr:
Anyone sitting on some juicy calibration-info? 🙂
(note: I've tried the settings ppl posted for the 7303 but they looked like pure garbage on the 7304).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-13-2019, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

I can share my current, it looks quite close to the professionally calibrated Samsung Q60R 75" that I brought home for a short while to compare (parts of this is also posted on the avforums):

Picture Mode: Movie
Colour: 60
Contrast: 80
Sharpness: 2
Brightness: 40
Colour enhancement: Off
Colour temperature: Warm
White point alignment, 2 point: Red - WP: 127, Green - WP:90, Blue - WP: 67
Contrast mode: Off
HDR Upscaling: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Video Contrast: 90
Light sensor: Off
Gamma: +2
Ultra resolution: Off
Noise reduction: Off
MPEG artefact reduction: Off
Motion styles: Off
I bought the 70PUS7304 1 week ago.
At first, I was very impressed with how sharp the tv is. I usually watch mostly 1080p-material since I came from a Panasonic 55" Plasma (st60) and this tv is amazing! The blackness i really black and the picture is really good.

One thing I am not a fan of is the viewing angle, if I move 1m to left or right (the corners of my couch) the colors change somewhat and it gets a tad brigher, not deep blacks.
Its not a big issue though, since I think I´ve gotten the calibration somewhat right.
I downloaded some test patterns and such and tried to to my best, after a while I change some things and now it looks nice.
I had no idea if I was doing it right or not, after a few days I went back to the store and picked up a Samsung 75" Q60R which was professionally calibrated and 2 things struck me when I did some comparing to the 7304:

1.) The Samsung is not even close to as sharp as the 7304, even my gf and her mother noticed it, even pointed it out, like it was blurry. With the 7304 we often just say in unison "god damn that is sharp".
2.) My own "calibration" was very close to how the professional calibration of the Samsung was.
I tweaked some more and I am now very happy with the Philips.
I returned the Samsung.

The brightness is not a problem for me, 4k material on Netflix looks nice (dont have any other 4k or HDR accessable atm) but compared to the Panasonic-plasma we can now watch movies during daytime without covering the windows, massive improvement!

My settings are now:

I did use ISF Night a while, but Movie looks good so far, I'll adjust it or go to ISF Night if I feel something needs to be changed from Movie-mode that isn't available.
Samsonait likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-13-2019, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Ehm, I meant to just have the settings, not the entire post from the other forum, sooo, sorry for the double-weird-post, but message is there anyway

(Why cant I edit my posts?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-16-2019, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks man! Only picture settings I could find. Very impressed. Made an account to thank you!

What did u mean with locking in ifs night? And what is the isf function?
post #5 of 5 Old 11-30-2019, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisivegoat View Post
I can share my current, it looks quite close to the professionally calibrated Samsung Q60R 75" that I brought home for a short while to compare (parts of this is also posted on the avforums):

I bought the 70PUS7304 1 week ago.
At first, I was very impressed with how sharp the tv is. I usually watch mostly 1080p-material since I came from a Panasonic 55" Plasma (st60) and this tv is amazing! The blackness i really black and the picture is really good.

One thing I am not a fan of is the viewing angle, if I move 1m to left or right (the corners of my couch) the colors change somewhat and it gets a tad brigher, not deep blacks.
Its not a big issue though, since I think I´ve gotten the calibration somewhat right.
I downloaded some test patterns and such and tried to to my best, after a while I change some things and now it looks nice.
I had no idea if I was doing it right or not, after a few days I went back to the store and picked up a Samsung 75" Q60R which was professionally calibrated and 2 things struck me when I did some comparing to the 7304:

1.) The Samsung is not even close to as sharp as the 7304, even my gf and her mother noticed it, even pointed it out, like it was blurry. With the 7304 we often just say in unison "god damn that is sharp".
2.) My own "calibration" was very close to how the professional calibration of the Samsung was.
I tweaked some more and I am now very happy with the Philips.
I returned the Samsung.

The brightness is not a problem for me, 4k material on Netflix looks nice (dont have any other 4k or HDR accessable atm) but compared to the Panasonic-plasma we can now watch movies during daytime without covering the windows, massive improvement!

My settings are now:

I did use ISF Night a while, but Movie looks good so far, I'll adjust it or go to ISF Night if I feel something needs to be changed from Movie-mode that isn't available.

Hello,

I have this TV and i think i've found the perfect calibration for SDR, but i have some problem with HDR visualization: in fact colors appear really desaturated if i use the same settings in HDR and the only way to make it looks at least brighter and colorful like SDR is to use post processing effects (hdr plus, colors optimization) and to boost color up to 75.
I don't know if it's normal (shouldn't HDR be more colorful than SDR?), is the same happening to you?

By the way, these are my settings:

General Settings:
Color: 50 (you can put it up at a max value of 54 if you like more saturated colors, but don't go past that point or you'll start lose details)
Contrast: 70 (40 at night)
Sharpness: 0 or 1
Brightness: 54

Color Options:
Color Optimization: Off
Color Temperature: Normal

Contrast Options:
Contrast Mode: Off
Hdr - Upscaling: Off (it only makes the screen brighter and mess with contrast)
Video Contrast: 98
Light Sensor: Off
Gamma: 0

Sharpness Options:
Ultra Resolution: Off

Images Optomization Options:
Reduce Noise: Off
Reduce MPEG Artefact: Off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration