NEWB With a Sony XBR55900E, How to Calibrate - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By willieconway

post #1 of 4 Old 10-01-2019, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
NEWB With a Sony XBR55900E, How to Calibrate

Contacted my local DTX experts who are ISF certified and they won't really help me. They mentioned a 4K Blu Ray player yet the wife and I watch MINIMAL blu ray movies, everything we watch is through KODI Deep Search HD/Netflix 4K or Amazon Prime. I have regular blu rays and dvd's but have invested in a 4K players, they (DTX) told me to buy a 4K player then they will give me a disc. To be honest I grabbed this TV based upon CNET/Rtings.com reviews and got it for $900 out the door which was an awesome deal at the time (Fall 2017). I just pulled it out of the box and set it up and haven't done much with the TV since (I did the input format to 4K and made they enhanced inputs), I'm using EtherReal 18 gbps HDMI cables, CAT 5e Ethernet cables. Can someone help me get the most out of my TV and if a disc is truly needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-01-2019, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I would start on the settings page for a baseline(https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e/settings). Then tweak to what you want to see.

Also there is a thread on here for the TV(https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...-talk-383.html), take a look in it and you can find some tips. Good Luck

4KTV: Sony 65 930E Receiver: Pioneer VSX-LX101 7.2 Channel ATMOS/DTS-X Speakers: JAMO S 807(2) Fronts, Andrew Jones SP-FS52 (2) Rears, Center:SP-C22, Klipsch R-14SA Atmos Subwoofer: SVS PB-3000 Subwoofer 4K Player and Misc: Panasonic UB-820, Sony X700, Sony X800, Samsung UBD-K8500, Comcast Arris AX014ANM and Extreme 150 Internet and PS4 (6TB Edition)
post #3 of 4 Old 10-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmueller9834 View Post
Contacted my local DTX experts who are ISF certified and they won't really help me. They mentioned a 4K Blu Ray player yet the wife and I watch MINIMAL blu ray movies, everything we watch is through KODI Deep Search HD/Netflix 4K or Amazon Prime. I have regular blu rays and dvd's but have invested in a 4K players, they (DTX) told me to buy a 4K player then they will give me a disc. To be honest I grabbed this TV based upon CNET/Rtings.com reviews and got it for $900 out the door which was an awesome deal at the time (Fall 2017). I just pulled it out of the box and set it up and haven't done much with the TV since (I did the input format to 4K and made they enhanced inputs), I'm using EtherReal 18 gbps HDMI cables, CAT 5e Ethernet cables. Can someone help me get the most out of my TV and if a disc is truly needed.
If you really want to calibrate you'll need a meter, patterns, and software. See https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...damentals.html to determine if that's your goal.

If you just want to tweak to your liking you can do whatever, including using the settings other owners of your model have arrived at. It doesn't have a thing to do with calibration though.
Rolls-Royce likes this.

Equipment and collection:
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-01-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked: 1260
Or hire one of those "ISF certified DTX experts" to do it...

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page