Murideo Six-G Pattern Generators Firmware Updates - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By ConnecTEDDD
  • 1 Post By ConnecTEDDD
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,688
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
Liked: 4248
Murideo Pattern Generators Firmware Updates

Murideo Six-G has received a firmware update which provides bit-perfect output for the YCbCr 4:2:2 also... which was not bit-perfect until now.

This FW update number is 2.64 for 2.xx units (most users are using).

Some users has been downloaded that 2.64 FW last month when its been available to Murideo page: https://www.murideo.com/downloads.html

...while the file name was named as 2.64, it was installing the 2.63 FW. (the PDF was for 2.63 release also)

For example, inside to that folder ''Firmware_2.64\V2.64\(PART2) MCU Update'' it had 2.63 FW file.

Before some days, Murideo has updated the 2.64 FW link and its now including the correct FW update (with updated PDF which say that now the YCbCr 4:2:2 output is bit-perfect).

As always, the 'usual suspect' calibrator Maciej Koper, had to test that to see if its really bit-perfect using his Accupel DVG-6000 Ultra Plus (with Pro Engineering Option)... he tested and confirmed that now the Murideo has bit-perfect YCbCr 4:2:2 output with 2.64 FW.

Maciej has found at past several in inaccuracies which its been fixed from Murideo:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57110944
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57806718
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post56983420

So after 4 years from the release of Murideo Six-G (ISF certified), now is finally bit-perfect

Since AVPRO manufactures Murideo Six-G, SpectraCAL VideoForge PRO, Portrait Display's VideoForge PRO and Fox & Hound (they have the same output), users of other devices have to expect to receive similar updates.
Plutotype and Rumble Devo like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; Yesterday at 02:47 PM.
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,158
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1183 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Hi Ted.

I hope the link I posted was correct. I called Murideo several times about 2.64 and they kept posting 2.63. Here is the link to my post that they sent me for 2.64. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58658526

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
sillysally is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,688
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
Liked: 4248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Hi Ted.

I hope the link I posted was correct. I called Murideo several times about 2.64 and they kept posting 2.63. Here is the link to my post that they sent me for 2.64. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58658526

ss
Hi SS,

I remember your post @ CM thread.

But the 2.64 FW ''SG01H-H22-004-V2.64(90BC).hex'' file has been created @ 01 August 2019, so I don't really understand why it took so long to be released for Murideo users where they are waiting for that fix, as the problem was known at public for the inaccurate YCbCr 4:2:2 patch generation issue.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 11-05-2019 at 04:12 PM.
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,158
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1183 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi SS,

I remember your post @ CM thread.

But the 2.64 FW ''SG01H-H22-004-V2.64(90BC).hex'' file has been created @ 01 August 2019, so I don't really understand why it took so long to be released for Murideo users where they are waiting for that fix, as the problem was known at public for the inaccurate YCbCr 4:2:2 patch generation issue.
AVPro did post what was said to be 2.64 back in early October maybe sooner, but it was 2.63 labeled as 2.64. The first two or three times I called they kept reposting 2.63 as 2.64, finally they posted the correct 2.64. From what was posted back in August AVPro was waiting for feedback from Calman and a few others. What troubles me is why they kept telling me they reposted the correct firmware but in fact they kept posting the old firmware 2.63 but tagging the zip folder as 2.64.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
sillysally is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 11-05-2019, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,688
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
Liked: 4248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
AVPro did post what was said to be 2.64 back in early October maybe sooner, but it was 2.63 labeled as 2.64. The first two or three times I called they kept reposting 2.63 as 2.64, finally they posted the correct 2.64. From what was posted back in August AVPro was waiting for feedback from Calman and a few others. What troubles me is why they kept telling me they reposted the correct firmware but in fact they kept posting the old firmware 2.63 but tagging the zip folder as 2.64.
Does AVPRO company don't have their own way to verify the output of the generators? Why to wait feedback from testers, as testers don't have waveform monitors or any list of the correct YCbCr triplets etc.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #6 of 10 Old 11-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Gregg Loewen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 102
On a related note, PVA video test patterns are also now available for the 6G. Please go to the forum area of the PVA site to download (if you are a PVA Certified Video Professional).

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Gregg Loewen is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 11-13-2019, 04:28 AM
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 3,427
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2754 Post(s)
Liked: 1896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Loewen View Post
On a related note, PVA video test patterns are also now available for the 6G. Please go to the forum area of the PVA site to download (if you are a PVA Certified Video Professional).
Could you explain a bit more about what there is of note in the PVA test pattern set? I couldn't see any (public) specifics on your website.
bobof is online now  
post #8 of 10 Old 11-18-2019, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,158
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1183 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Does AVPRO company don't have their own way to verify the output of the generators? Why to wait feedback from testers, as testers don't have waveform monitors or any list of the correct YCbCr triplets etc.
Hey Ted, the G6 seems to only have settings for 0-255 or 16-235. Is there a way I can set the G6 to 16-255?

Thanks.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
sillysally is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 11-18-2019, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,688
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
Liked: 4248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Hey Ted, the G6 seems to only have settings for 0-255 or 16-235. Is there a way I can set the G6 to 16-255?
Hi SS,

If you use LightSpace, use Murideo @ PC Levels and set patchscale @ LS Options as 16-255.

If you are using CalMAN, set RGB-Video and it will generate 16-255 also.
Rolls-Royce likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #10 of 10 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,688
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
Liked: 4248

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off