Anybody bought X-Rite i1Display Pro Retail from B&H? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AntonMeleshkevich

post #1 of 4 Old 11-20-2019, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anybody bought X-Rite i1Display Pro Retail from B&H?

I'm going to buy X-Rite i1Display Pro (Retail, 1000 nit version) from bhphotovideo, but I'm worried about it's manufacture date.
Also as far as I know starting from june (or july) 2015 x-rite added one new feature to this colorimeter.

Could you please tell me what is your order date and actual manufacture date of your Retail i1Display Pro bought from bhphotovideo?

to identify the revision or the year/month of manufacture then you can look the meter's serial number which is located on the sticker on the permanently attached counter weight. The Retail version instrument serial number has the following format:
i1-yy.r-02.xxxxxx.mm
(i1 = Retail version, yy = short year manufactured, r-02 = hardware revision (A or B) - firmware version (02), xxxxxx = incremental number, mm = month manufactured)

(from displaycalibrations. com/x-rite_i1_measurement_solutions_info. html)
I'm not allowed to attach links yet, so I added spacebars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-20-2019, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked: 1282
You're probably only looking at their meters being a few months old at most. B&H is legit and likely sell a lot of these to people doing digital photography work and needing to calibrate their monitors. Why not email them about it?

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 4 Old 11-22-2019, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Why not email them about it?
Thank you! If it's not 3-4 years old, I'm absolutely ok with that
I asked them about this, but they can't tell me manufacture dates as they don't know it.
Unfortunately I can't buy it, look at it's date and then return it, because customs rules in my country are fаr from being perfect and shipping price is $36 which is approx 1/4 of an average monthly income for my place of living. Also from 2020 it will be much more expensive to buy anything from abroad. So I have only one chance to buy it.
Rolls-Royce likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-22-2019, 03:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonMeleshkevich View Post
I asked them about this, but they can't tell me manufacture dates as they don't know it.
Hi, the big-stores have to different places the offices from the warehouses and the procedure of ordering/preparing/shipping is automated, its very rare to be able to find the specific you are searching for.

As I have inform you from the other thread, the meters from my site are shipped directly from X-Rite headquarters so they don't have old stock there... as everyday they ship many meters worldwide.

For that reason I have note to my site that currently X-Rite is shipping i1Display PRO OEM instruments manufactured @ October 2019 (or later) and i1PRO2 OEM instruments manufactured @ September 2019 (or later).

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page