HCFR Display Type for LG55EG9A7V OLED - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-21-2019, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HCFR Display Type for LG55EG9A7V OLED

Hi guys, sorry for my bad englisch 😐

After calibrating my LG55EG9A7V OLED with HCFR, Ted‘s disc and the EODIS3 the results are fine (so far) but which display type is the correct one?

Some people say „LG B7 OLED“ and some „Non refresh display“. In my opinion the calibration with B7 type looks a bit „warmer“ than the non refresh calibration (a hint more blue... like... a bit too much bur really just a bit). The B7 feels right. But i don‘t want to adapt to the „wrong one“. Did u get my point? 😐

Did anyone check the correct display type? Maybe by comparison with a Calman calibration?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-21-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1203 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
You should check the main HCFR thread if you haven't already. Your question may have been answered there.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 4 Old 12-02-2019, 03:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked: 4296
Quote:
Originally Posted by floedi_82 View Post
Hi guys, sorry for my bad englisch 😐

After calibrating my LG55EG9A7V OLED with HCFR, Ted‘s disc and the EODIS3 the results are fine (so far) but which display type is the correct one?

Some people say „LG B7 OLED“ and some „Non refresh display“. In my opinion the calibration with B7 type looks a bit „warmer“ than the non refresh calibration (a hint more blue... like... a bit too much bur really just a bit). The B7 feels right. But i don‘t want to adapt to the „wrong one“. Did u get my point? 😐

Did anyone check the correct display type? Maybe by comparison with a Calman calibration?

Thanks!
Hi,

Looking the available CCSS files there:https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/

There no file useful for your specific TV OLED Model, which is 1080p, different tech from 2016 models.

About the Display Type, these are options about the synchronization mode of the i1Display PRO. (Refresh and Non-Refresh)

i1Display PRO can scan the display refresh rate and sync the reading to the measured refreshing rate.

Use the non-refresh displays type for your OLED.

Refresh is for CRT/Plasma or DLP projectors.

The LG B7 is a spectral correction file, but as there no spectral correction file for your specific panel, use 'None' (so no extra spectral correction table will be added to your readings).

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-02-2019, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks!

After two calibrations (2.4 [IRE 5 @ 2.2] with preset 2.4 and 2.35 [IRE 5 @ 2.2] with preset 2.2) with display type „non refresh display“ i can say: that‘s definitely the correct display type for my TV!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page