AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Display Calibration (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/)
-   -   New to this - get most out of Panasonic vt60 (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/3121612-new-get-most-out-panasonic-vt60.html)

jayr0c 02-07-2020 12:37 AM

New to this - get most out of Panasonic vt60

Hi, I have a Panasonic vt60. It's a very nice set and after so many years of focusing on upgrading the reciever/speakers/subwoofer, I want to shift focus to the screen and wonder how would I go about calibrating it? I contacted someone locally a few months ago and he laughed when I said it was a plasma and said look elsewhere.

- Is it hard to find someone (I didn't try very hard after that)?

- Is it worth it financially to pay someone if I can find someone to do it? Approximations on what it costs? Not sure if I'd be interested to get an extra 5% performance out of it for over $300 as I've seen some go for.

- What can I do on my own? I've casually looked into it, but wouldn't mind some guidance. I'd be ok with buying some gear if it's cheap enough, I looked up one thing off ebay that cost $25 used since its old technology now.

Any help appreciated

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Dark-007 02-07-2020 09:30 AM

Where are you located?

I have done Control Cal with my previous VT60 to achieve fantastic results.

You need a meter, and a license for the older Calman software to get it done.

WiFi-Spy 02-07-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark-007 (Post 59213166)
Where are you located?

The new CalMAN Home for Panasonic still supports the VT60.

CalWldLif 02-07-2020 09:41 AM

interesting a pro would not help you.
guess he is new to calibrations.
it has not been that long since plasmas were retired.
vt/zt 60 were not difficult.

jayr0c 02-07-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark-007 (Post 59213166)
Where are you located?

Vancouver, BC. What did the equip cost you, how long ago did you get it? How big of a difference did you get?

jayr0c 02-07-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalWldLif (Post 59213238)
interesting a pro would not help you.

guess he is new to calibrations.

it has not been that long since plasmas were retired.

vt/zt 60 were not difficult.

I was a little surprise specially considering how highly regarded these sets are in the community.