2Likes
  • 2 Post By jednc1

post #1 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Help using reference meter

I borrowed a ColorMunki Photo spectrophotometer in order to profile my xRite i1 Display Pro. I can't get CalMAN Home for LG to find it. I tried it without loading any xRite drivers or software, I tried it after installing the xRite drivers and software, and tried after installing the CalMAN driver pack from the CalMAN resource center. No luck. My computer recognized it as ColorMunki soon as I plugged in the USB cable, but when I search for the reference meter during the meter profiling workflow, CalMAN doesn't find it. The search only lasts about 1 second.
Does anybody have suggestion as to what I am doing wrong or not doing? According to the CalMAN supported meters document xRite ColorMunki Photo is a supported meter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 85
if you installed the xrite software it creates a service, this will block other software.
this is the simple explanation.

right click my computer>manage>services and look.

Loving D65
post #3 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
if you installed the xrite software it creates a service, this will block other software.
this is the simple explanation.

right click my computer>manage>services and look.
Thanks. I'll take a look, but my first attempt was before I had loaded any software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1371 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jednc1 View Post
I borrowed a ColorMunki Photo spectrophotometer in order to profile my xRite i1 Display Pro. I can't get CalMAN Home for LG to find it. I tried it without loading any xRite drivers or software, I tried it after installing the xRite drivers and software, and tried after installing the CalMAN driver pack from the CalMAN resource center. No luck. My computer recognized it as ColorMunki soon as I plugged in the USB cable, but when I search for the reference meter during the meter profiling workflow, CalMAN doesn't find it. The search only lasts about 1 second.
Does anybody have suggestion as to what I am doing wrong or not doing? According to the CalMAN supported meters document xRite ColorMunki Photo is a supported meter.
You will want to "disconnect" CalMAN from the I1D3 on the meter tab before you tell the program to search for the Munki. Once it has found both meters, you can continue with profiling and switch back and forth. Also make sure CalMAN isn't running before you physically connect the meter.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 03-03-2020 at 11:45 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. My first attempt to meter was without the i1D3 connected, the ColorMunki was connected before starting CalMAN. I was using the CalMAN Profile Meter workflow so the first step is to connect the reference meter. That is where I'm stuck. On "Find Meter" I check the "All meters except those listed below" option. I then click "Search". After less than a second it has finished and found nothing, still shows "Simulated Meter". It appears to expect the meter to be on com3?
CalMAN has no problem finding the i1D3, but I'm going to verify that I don't have any residual xRite stuff running in the background on my laptop.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5606 Post(s)
Liked: 3790
Quote:
Thanks. My first attempt to meter was without the i1D3 connected, the ColorMunki was connected before starting CalMAN. I was using the CalMAN Profile Meter workflow so the first step is to connect the reference meter. That is where I'm stuck. On "Find Meter" I check the "All meters except those listed below" option. I then click "Search". After less than a second it has finished and found nothing, still shows "Simulated Meter". It appears to expect the meter to be on com3?

CalMAN has no problem finding the i1D3, but I'm going to verify that I don't have any residual xRite stuff running in the background on my laptop.
I would contact portrait display tech support. Mine connects no problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #7 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1371 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Quote:
The com port selection is usually only needed for RS-232 based devices, not USB. I'd try the find meter function from within another workflow to see if it works there (I haven't had consistent results trying to find a meter from within the meter profile routine, seems like it really wants the meters to be tallied beforehand). It should allow you to choose from the meters it has found with any workflow.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 03-03-2020 at 02:29 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-04-2020, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Update. Last night when I got home from work I tried a couple of things and now I'm up and running. Unfortunately I can't sure which one actually fixed my issue. First I did not have the meter dial in the correct position. It was in the position for calibrating the meter. (If using the iProfiler software this is the position you put the meter in to calibrate it to a reference white square) I switched it to the correct position. I also found where there was indeed still a driver loaded for xRite so I uninstalled that. After doing those the meter was recognized by CalMAN.
Thanks for your input and helping me track this down.
Rolls-Royce and shoman94 like this.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-04-2020, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Update. Last night when I got home from work I tried a couple of things and now I'm up and running. Unfortunately I can't sure which one actually fixed my issue. First I did not have the meter dial in the correct position. It was in the position for calibrating the meter. (If using the iProfiler software this is the position you put the meter in to calibrate it to a reference white square) I switched it to the correct position. I also found where there was indeed still a driver loaded for xRite so I uninstalled that. After doing those the meter was recognized by CalMAN.
Thanks for your input and helping me track this down.
safest to unistall that.

Loving D65
post #10 of 10 Old 03-05-2020, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

All is well now. I was able to create a profile for my i1D3. Once I recalibrate my TV (probably this weekend) I'll let you know if the results are better. BTW, I don't have the iProfiler software on my laptop, I was merely referring to it in order to explain the position I had the meter in. I think I may put together a video on how to use the ColorMunki to create a profile in CalMAN for others that may have the same questions/issues I had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page