DisplayCal/eeColor frustrations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-25-2020, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 61
DisplayCal/eeColor frustrations

Hi all,
I've been working on using DisplayCal to create a 3DLUT for both my projector and plasma display. I seem to get mixed results on both when using the respective default settings and recommended workflow. The biggest issue has been with black levels. On the projector, post calibration, blacks were raised way too much and the picture looked washed out. On the plasma, the blacks were crushed and I lost most of my shadow detail.
If I should create a separate thread for each display, please let me know and I'll do that. I've been trying for weeks to produce a finely tuned picture on both and am getting frustrated. I'm not against trying a paid software solution as well but I am trying to stay on a budget as there are other items for my theater room I'm upgrading as well. Thank you all!

Video: JVC RS35 on 110". - 60" Panasonic plasma. - Darby Darblet/eeColor video processor. - Panasonic BD85 Blu-ray playback.
Audio: Denon X4500H. - Speakers: Philharmonic AA+ LRC, Mirage Omnipolar Spherex surrounds. Subwoofers: - Seaton F18+
Misc: Sennheiser HD558 powered by Recon3d USB. HCFR with i1 Pro. PSVR for 3D Blu-ray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page